Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run the script continously but mail once in 1 hour Post 302928892 by Anusha M on Tuesday 16th of December 2014 04:49:25 AM
Old 12-16-2014
Run the script continously but mail once in 1 hour

Hi,
I have a script written for monitoring the queue manager status continously. below is the script.
Code:
QMGR=`dspmq | awk '{print $1}' | cut -f2 -d "(" |  cut -f1 -d ")"`
QMSTATUS=`dspmq | awk '{print $2}' | cut -f2 -d "(" |  cut -f1 -d ")"`
count=`dspmq | awk '{print $1}' | cut -f2 -d "(" |  cut -f1 -d ")"|wc -l`
while [ $count -ne 0 ]
do
e=`echo $QMGR | cut -f$count -d" "`
f=`echo $QMSTATUS | cut -f$count -d" "`
if [ $f != "Running" ]
then
echo "$e is not running" >> /var/mqm/ILhousekeeping/QMdown.txt
fi
count=`expr $count - 1`
done
mail -s "Queue Manager down - `hostname` - $e" anusha1234@gmail.com < /var/mqm/ILhousekeeping/QMdown.txt

The requirement is, this script has to run continuously (Configured in Cron) to monitor the queue manager status, but the mail has to be triggered only once in one hour if the Queue manager is down.

Thanks,
Anusha
This User Gave Thanks to Anusha M For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script should run continously

Hi I have a small req. I have a script called as abc.sh I want to execute this script continously for every 1 minute even if i exit from the server i.e., it should keeps on running for every one minute even if i logged off Can any one send me the sample code or procedure to work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script on the hour but only for 30mins

Hi All, I want to run a script on the hour during a 24 - hour period; easy enough cron will take care of that..however I want the script to only run for only 30mins.. so with the script it knows its 30mins are up so exits. any ideas? Any help, greatly appericated. Thanking you all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zak
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding mail per hour

Hi, i have a logfile of a mail server it looks like this: d k 1004210238.380677500 1004210238.454490500 1004210238.679567500 3621 <VOLENDAM@Malawi.com> local.EDAM@Frankrijk.com 6053 81 I have got the following script to set the time in normal gmt time and to filter de failed messages, but i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prince2
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run the particular command continously for 30 mins in perl?

Hi, I have command that should run continuously for 30 mins but not every day not once in a week , not one in a month. whenever i call that particular program that command should run for 30 mins and stop. #Contents of test.pl `ls -l *.txt`; #some other lines of code to print ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for checking files for last hour and send a mail

Hello, I need to write a script to check the files in one folder , if that folder doesn't have files generated from last 1 hr then we need to send mail to particular persons. So Can you please help me to write script to check the files and send email. Thank you.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: archana23
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

E-mail based on crontab hour

I have a cron: 0 5,11,17,23 * * * /home/oracle/scripts/sysize.ksh This cron will trigger cat dbsz.txt | mail -s "$TODAY: PROD DB Size" $RECIPIENTS I don't want to get the e-mail notice 4 times a day. Can I have just one e-mail triggered at 11 AM? Please advise. Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run script automatically every 12 hour once?

Hi ! all, I have once script to remove temporary cache and temporary xml files looks like this, as it is taking more space, I would like to run automatically every 12 hour once, and then I want to receive some log as acknowledgement #!/bin/sh echo "Removing logs and temp files (typically... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a job for every one hour and ...

Hi, Someone please help me to run the script to maintain a Job: Which can be run for every one hour and should maintain the last two hours files only. It should delete the rest of the files in a dir. Please suggest me with the sample script. Thanks !! Reagrds, Rama (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramagore85
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to be run every one hour

How can we run shell script every one hour. Anyone having code unit for this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A shell script to run a script which don't get terminated and send a pattern from the output by mail

Hi Guys, I am very new to shell script and I need your help here to write a script. Actually, I have a script abc.sh which don't get terminated itself. So I need to design a script to run this script, save the output to a file, search for a given string in the output and if it exists send those... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sambit Sahu
11 Replies
cut(1)								   User Commands							    cut(1)

NAME
cut - cut out selected fields of each line of a file SYNOPSIS
cut -b list [-n] [file]... cut -c list [file]... cut -f list [-d delim] [-s] [file]... DESCRIPTION
Use the cut utility to cut out columns from a table or fields from each line of a file; in data base parlance, it implements the projection of a relation. The fields as specified by list can be fixed length, that is, character positions as on a punched card (-c option) or the length can vary from line to line and be marked with a field delimiter character like TAB (-f option). cut can be used as a filter. Either the -b, -c, or -f option must be specified. Use grep(1) to make horizontal ``cuts'' (by context) through a file, or paste(1) to put files together column-wise (that is, horizontally). To reorder columns in a table, use cut and paste. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: list A comma-separated or blank-character-separated list of integer field numbers (in increasing order), with optional - to indi- cate ranges (for instance, 1,4,7; 1-3,8; -5,10 (short for 1-5,10); or 3- (short for third through last field)). -b list The list following -b specifies byte positions (for instance, -b1-72 would pass the first 72 bytes of each line). When -b and -n are used together, list is adjusted so that no multi-byte character is split. -c list The list following -c specifies character positions (for instance, -c1-72 would pass the first 72 characters of each line). -d delim The character following -d is the field delimiter (-f option only). Default is tab. Space or other characters with special meaning to the shell must be quoted. delim can be a multi-byte character. -f list The list following -f is a list of fields assumed to be separated in the file by a delimiter character (see -d ); for instance, -f1,7 copies the first and seventh field only. Lines with no field delimiters will be passed through intact (useful for table subheadings), unless -s is specified. -n Do not split characters. When -b list and -n are used together, list is adjusted so that no multi-byte character is split. -s Suppresses lines with no delimiter characters in case of -f option. Unless specified, lines with no delimiters will be passed through untouched. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: file A path name of an input file. If no file operands are specified, or if a file operand is -, the standard input will be used. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cut when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte (2^31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1 Mapping user IDs A mapping of user IDs to names follows: example% cut -d: -f1,5 /etc/passwd Example 2 Setting current login name To set name to current login name: example$ name=`who am i | cut -f1 -d' '` ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of cut: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LC_MES- SAGES, and NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 All input files were output successfully. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
grep(1), paste(1), attributes(5), environ(5), largefile(5), standards(5) DIAGNOSTICS
cut: -n may only be used with -b cut: -d may only be used with -f cut: -s may only be used with -f cut: cannot open <file> Either file cannot be read or does not exist. If multiple files are present, processing continues. cut: no delimiter specified Missing delim on -d option. cut: invalid delimiter cut: no list specified Missing list on -b, -c, or -f option. cut: invalid range specifier cut: too many ranges specified cut: range must be increasing cut: invalid character in range cut: internal error processing input cut: invalid multibyte character cut: unable to allocate enough memory SunOS 5.11 29 Apr 1999 cut(1)