Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to combine 2 bash script into 1? Post 302927628 by RudiC on Thursday 4th of December 2014 08:32:46 AM
Old 12-04-2014
Try to extend your second script:
Code:
awk     '       {print "create host_plain host" $1;
                 print "modify network_objects host"$1" ipaddr " $1;
                 print "update network_objects host"$1;
                }
        ' file
create host_plain host1.1.1.1
modify network_objects host1.1.1.1 ipaddr 1.1.1.1
update network_objects host1.1.1.1
create host_plain host1.1.1.3
modify network_objects host1.1.1.3 ipaddr 1.1.1.3
update network_objects host1.1.1.3
create host_plain host1.1.1.5
modify network_objects host1.1.1.5 ipaddr 1.1.1.5
update network_objects host1.1.1.5

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine file using shell script

Hi, i have 2 file 1.txt : 2.txt then i would the result become : can anybody help me.. regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: justbow
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: combine arrays with weird substitution/references

Hi all. I'm trying to finish a bash script with the following elements: ARRAY="blah $ITEM blah blah" ARRAY="blah blah $ITEM blah bluh" #ARRAY="...." # ...the ARRAY elements represent a variable but defined # syntax and they're all hard-coded in the script. #(...) ITEMS='1.0 2.3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yomaya
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine two files using shell script

I need to combine two files based on the content in first column and combine it into one file . For example : file1: A 10 B 20 C 30 D 40 File2: B 200 E 500 A 100 D 400 Need the output in this format: file 3 : column 1 Column 2 Column 3 A 10 100 B 20 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsm2011
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine two files using script

Hi please help me to combine below two files into one file file1 10.238.54.1 enk-ras-bng-cse-01 10.10.10.10 10.238.56.225 ngp-ras-bng-cto-01 10.10.10.10 file2 10.238.54.1 enk-ras-bng-cse-01 20.20.20.20 10.238.56.225 ngp-ras-bng-cto-01 20.20.20.20 Required output file ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: surender reddy
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combine awk and bash commands in script ?

Dear friends, I am just trying write one script using 2 files one file will contain details like below #X SERVER X LOCATION URL="http://www.abcd.com" FILENAME="abc.txt" ID_NAME="myabc_xyz" SERVER_PATH="/usr/local/dummy/html/....." #Y SERVER Y LOCATION URL="http://www.xyz.com"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine several commands in a bash script

Hi all, I have large files with url-s ending on "|<number>" which is the Page Rank for the website as shown in the example below http://www.machinokairo.com/2012/05/post-39.html|2 I am using "grep" to sort out all url-s in a particular way: first, remove all ending on "|0" and write the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: georgi58
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine Both Output from the awk Script

Hi, Is there anyway to combine output from the awk scripting. file01.txt: AUE_CHMOD AUE_CHOWN AUE_CHROOT AUE_CONNECT AUE_ACCEPT AUE_FCHOWN AUE_FCHMOD AUE_SETREUID AUE_SETREGID AUE_FCHROOT AUE_PFEXEC AUE_SETUID AUE_NICE AUE_SETGID (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell Script to combine Two files in one

Hello All , I am new to this Forum, I am trying to write a script to combine two data files with 1 column in common and others columns are different . File1 Apple 29 tomatao 4 grapes 25 File2 Apple fruit tomatao veg grapes fruit other (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan0119
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to combine lines in a file

Greetings, I have large file with following format name1 name2 name3 name4 name5 name6 child7 child8 child9 <== there is leading blank space child10 child11 child12 <== there is leading blank space name13 name14 name15 name16 child17 child18... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rnnyusa
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
HWLOC-ASSEMBLER-REMOTE(1)					       hwloc						 HWLOC-ASSEMBLER-REMOTE(1)

NAME
hwloc-assembler-remote - Assemble multiple remote host topologies SYNOPSIS
hwloc-assembler-remote [options] output.xml host1 host2 ... OPTIONS
--ssh <ssh> Use the given ssh command (and options) to connect to remote hosts. --lstopo-path <path> Use the given path as the remote lstopo command when gathering remote topologies. By default, lstopo is taken from the PATH envi- ronment variable. --lstopo-opts <opts> Pass the given lstopo options when gathering remote topologies. --show Display the resulting topology before exit. -f --force Ignore failure to load a remote host topology. DESCRIPTION
hwloc-assembler-remote is a frontend to hwloc-assembler. It takes care of retrieving the remote nodes' topologies before assembling them with hwloc-assembler. EXAMPLES
To assemble three nodes topologies: $ hwloc-assembler-remote output.xml host1 host2 host3 To assemble the topology of a multi-process MPI job defined as a machinefile: $ hwloc-assembler-remote output.xml `cat machinefile | sort | uniq` RETURN VALUE
Upon successful execution, hwloc-assembler-remote returns 0. hwloc-assembler-remote will return nonzero if any kind of error occurs, such as (but not limited to) failure to parse the command line. SEE ALSO
hwloc(7), lstopo(1), hwloc-assembler(1) 1.7 Apr 07, 2013 HWLOC-ASSEMBLER-REMOTE(1)