Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting I want my script to NOT to send an e-mail if it finds the same keyword more than twice. Post 302926730 by Corona688 on Wednesday 26th of November 2014 12:18:02 PM
Old 11-26-2014
Are the lines really that completely identical? You can just remove duplicates:

Code:
awk '! ($0 in A) { A[$0] ; print }' inputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send e-mail in Shell script

How to send an error mail from a shell script e.g. mail destination_adr@blabla.int "Message : here an error message " thanks, Ann. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: annelisa
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to send a mail in UNIX

Hi, I need to write one unix script gor sending a mail notification. I have to pass the followinf as arguments,from ,to,subject,messege body Can i use mailx....Please provide the code Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhi
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help-send mail script

Hi, I have written one script for sending mails with attachment. currently its working for only one recipient. I want to send mails to n number of users by taking user input i.e number of users. Output of current script: Enter how many files : 1 Enter First Name : kiran E-Mail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_j
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to send mail !!

Hi Experts.. i have created a table with the fields, empid name mailid 1 raja raja@xy.com and entered the values of all persons who are in that file... i have a .csv file date shift1 shift2 6/6/2011 ram raja Now i want a script that could fetch the data in (input file .csv file) and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cratercrabs
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

not able to send the mail through perl script

I have written small piece of code to send mail through perl script.Below is the code.I have executed it as # perl perlmail.pl and the code got executed with no errors. Still have not received any mail. Also I have installed Mail::send module from CPAN directly but no luck. Could any mail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Contain Send Mail via Telnet

Dear Masters, I am using Solaris 10 and bash shell. I make a script for checking if a file is exists on the specified folder or not from 5th day of the month until the end of the month. If the file doesn't exist, the script will send email to me. The script ran perfectly when I execute it on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kris.adrianto
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ksh: Send a mail in case grep finds something

I want to search a file if it contains special strings and if yes, the records found should be mailed. I can either do it with a temporary file: /usr/bin/grep somestring somefile > /tmp/tempfile && /usr/bin/mail -s "Found something" email@mycomp.com < /tmp/tempfile... or by running the grep... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cochise
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

A shell script to run a script which don't get terminated and send a pattern from the output by mail

Hi Guys, I am very new to shell script and I need your help here to write a script. Actually, I have a script abc.sh which don't get terminated itself. So I need to design a script to run this script, save the output to a file, search for a given string in the output and if it exists send those... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sambit Sahu
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
SHAR(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   SHAR(1)

NAME
shar -- create a shell archive of files SYNOPSIS
shar file ... DESCRIPTION
shar writes an sh(1) shell script to the standard output which will recreate the file hierarchy specified by the command line operands. Directories will be recreated and must be specified before the files they contain (the find(1) utility does this correctly). shar is normally used for distributing files by ftp(1) or mail(1). EXAMPLES
To create a shell archive of the program ls(1) and mail it to Rick: cd ls shar `find . -print` | mail -s "ls source" rick To recreate the program directory: mkdir ls cd ls ... <delete header lines and examine mailed archive> ... sh archive SEE ALSO
compress(1), mail(1), tar(1), uuencode(1) HISTORY
The shar command appeared in 4.4BSD. BUGS
shar makes no provisions for special types of files or files containing magic characters. SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
It is easy to insert trojan horses into shar files. It is strongly recommended that all shell archive files be examined before running them through sh(1). Archives produced using this implementation of shar may be easily examined with the command: egrep -v '^[X#]' shar.file BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD