Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Safe place for download
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Safe place for download Post 302924323 by 69Rixter on Friday 7th of November 2014 07:02:34 PM
Old 11-07-2014
Hey SEA:

Thanks for getting back. I understand the command (I think). So, I must once again D/l iso, then run command and in place of path/to/file.iso, I insert the downloaded .iso from my "files" (the file I D/l it to (?). So, correct me if this is the wrong command:

sudo dd if=(insert D/l iso here) of=/dev/sdb1. Now, I sorta did this with the last install only I used the "USB image Writer" provided in LM17 to put the .iso on pendrive. Did I do something wrong?

Some folks are getting upset with me(and I too, in return) stating I must have a corrupt .iso (could be) and should be checking with md5sum. I got the .iso from the LinuxMint website--www.linuxmint.com/download.php-Download-linuxmint I don't know, but I would guess this to be a safe site from which to D/l the .iso. So, is it possible that I must D/l a certain .iso just for HP? Well, as you see, one question just morphs into many. And thus, I have been getting frustrated. I'm not upset with you, I'm upset because I believe Linux/Ubuntu should be and is a "simple" O.S. and therefore believe problems should have simple "fixes"...this is not the case (or is it?)! Thanks so much for you help!!
Rick

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Async-Signal-Safe versus MT-Safe

Hi, I am Solaris 9 developer and notice that the documentation does not provide a clear notion of the inherent concurrency in routines defined as "Async-Signal-Safe". Routines defined as "MT-Safe" obviously have the best level of concurrency, compared to normal "Safe" interfaces. I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tristan12
1 Replies

2. Solaris

What is the best way to copy data from place to another place?

Dear Gurus, I need you to advice or suggestion about the best solution to copy data around 200-300G from serverA(location A) to serverB(location B). Normally, I will share folder and then copy but it takes too long time(about 2 days). Do you have any suggestion or which way should be... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
9 Replies
pkg2du(1M)						  System Administration Commands						pkg2du(1M)

NAME
pkg2du - convert driver packages to Driver Update format SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/pkg2du [-f] [-v] [-d dir] [-o iso] [-l label] [-r release] pkg [pkg ...] DESCRIPTION
The /usr/bin/pkg2du utility takes one or more packages as input and converts them to Driver Update (DU) format. If the -d option is speci- fied, the resulting DU directory tree is placed in the directory dir. If the -o option is specified, a Solaris ISO image of the DU direc- tory tree is written in the file iso. The ISO image can be burned onto CD/DVD using cdrw(1) or cdrecord(1) (not a SunOS man page) and used during Solaris installation. At least one of the -d and -o options must be specified. If both are specified, then both an ISO image and a directory tree are generated. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -d dir Directory where the DU directory should be created. -o iso Create a Solaris ISO image of the DU directory. -f If dir/DU or iso exists, remove it without asking first. -l label Label/volume name of the ISO image (if -o option is specified). -r release Solaris release number to use. It takes the form of the return from uname -r command, for example, 5.10. If unspecified, the release number of the currently running Solaris is used. -v Verbose. Multiple -v options increase verbosity. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: pkg [pkg...] One or more packages to be converted to DU format. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Creating a DU CD/DVD The following commands create a DU CD or DVD containing packages SUNWfoo and SUNWbar. # /usr/bin/pkg2du -r 5.10 -o my.iso SUNWfoo SUNWbar # /usr/bin/cdrw -i my.iso ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cdrw(1), mkcd(1M), attributes(5) mkisofs(8), (/usr/share/man/man8/mkisofs.8), in the SUNWfsman package (not a SunOS man page) SunOS 5.11 29 Jul 2008 pkg2du(1M)