Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers NCS Broker Daemon fails on bootup Post 302912149 by Randydog on Wednesday 6th of August 2014 09:24:01 AM
Old 08-06-2014
NCS Broker Daemon fails on bootup

When starting the system I see NCS Broker Daemon ......[Fail] What is not going to work since this Daemon failed?

Could this be the reason I am not able to get my tape drive to work? When I tar a file to the tape drive I don't get any errors, however, when I try to read the tape I get Tar: tape read error The command I use to read the tape drive is tar tvf /dev/rmt/0m

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Connect to a terminalserver farm with session broker

Hello... I've got a problem accessing the Solaris OS using rdesktop on a terminalserver farm with TS Session Broker and W2K8R2 with NLB. I get the following error message: user@xxx /h/user/Desktop 150 > rdesktop terminalserver WARNING: Remote desktop does not support colour depth 24;... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrischi1978
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is difference between Power broker utility and sudo command?

Hi I just wanted to know the difference between Using Sudo mechanism over using Power breaker utilities. Are they recommended over sudo? Why ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
4 Replies
MT(1)							      General Commands Manual							     MT(1)

NAME
mt - magnetic tape manipulating program SYNOPSIS
mt [ -f tapename ] command [ count ] DESCRIPTION
Mt is used to give commands to a magnetic tape drive. If a tape name is not specified, the environment variable TAPE is used; if TAPE does not exist, mt uses the device /dev/rmt12. Note that tapename must reference a raw (not block) tape device. By default mt performs the requested operation once. Operations may be performed multiple times by specifying count. The available commands are listed below. Only as many characters as are required to uniquely identify a command need be specified. eof, weof Write count end-of-file marks at the current position on the tape. fsf Forward space count files. fsr Forward space count records. bsf Back space count files. bsr Back space count records. rewind Rewind the tape (Count is ignored). offline, rewoffl Rewind the tape and place the tape unit off-line (Count is ignored). status Print status information about the tape unit. cacheon Enable the readahead/writebehind cache on the tape unit. cacheoff Turn off the readahead/writebehind cache on the tape unit. Mt returns a 0 exit status when the operation(s) were successful, 1 if the command was unrecognized, and 2 if an operation failed. The cacheon and cacheoff commands currently only apply to the TMSCP driver and then only for certain drives such as the TU81+. No error is produced by the TMSCP driver if the cache commands are used. Other drivers will return an error code since they do not recognize the MTCACHE and MTNOCACHE functions codes. See mtio(4). FILES
/dev/rmt* Raw magnetic tape interface SEE ALSO
mtio(4), tmscp(4), dd(1), ioctl(2), environ(7) 4th Berkeley Distribution December 22, 1995 MT(1)