Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Verify input parameter is in the list Post 302898871 by blackrageous on Thursday 24th of April 2014 03:53:05 PM
Old 04-24-2014
What do you have so far?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input parameter format

Hi, My script expects 2 inputs and one of them is supposed to be time, I would like to check if the given input is in validate format (i.e. 16:00), could anyone help me out here? thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpang_
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/input parameter

Hi, My script takes in one input parameter($1-email id) on the command line... The script contains something like this... awk '$1 == 400' abc.log >def.log mail -s subject $1 <def.log abc.log looks something like this... 300 222 330 123 445 400 098 890 727 663 How do i make the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wannalearn
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Get the File Input from Parameter

pdir=`pwd` if ; then echo current directory $pdir ls -altr echo fi for f in $* do # directory if ; then echo current directory $f cd $f ls -latr echo fi # but you can test file/dir # regular file only if ; then echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verify input parameters

I have to write a script to verify input parameters; say esr should be YES or NO other wise the script should print an error. This is what i tried in my script but I get the following error : esr="YES" if ; then print " Error should specify esr options YES/NO" else esr =$esr fi ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script verify user input is not empty and is equal to a value

I need to create a script that has a user enter a value. I want to verify that the value is either 1,2, or 3. If it is not then I want them to try entering it again. I am using a while loop to force them to retry. I am able to test the input against 1,2, and 3, but when I test agains an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spartiati
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check input parameter

Hi all i need to check that if user has passed any input parameter while executing he shell script like ./test1.sh -a"-v" then do smothing if user execute the script without giving input paramater then ./test1.sh then do something how can we check this input parameter (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verify the input

I run the script with one parameter : myscript abc002 But I need my script to check the parameter in txt array first: txt="abc001 abc002 abc004" What's the best way to do it? I am using ksh. #! /usr/bin/ksh txt="abc001 abc002 abc004" if ; then echo " Your input is wrong,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: newoz
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to verify each line in input for specific pattern

In the bash below the out put of a process is written to input. What I am trying to do is read each line in the input and verify/check it for specific text (there are always 6 lines for each file and the specific text for each line is in the description). There will always be 6 lines in each... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Need list of input and output parameter of task in a text file, using shell script

//file begin ===== //some code task abcd_; input x; input y,z; //some comment output w; //some comment reg p; integer q; begin //some code end endtask : abcd_ //some code //file end ===== expected output from above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rishifrnds
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace value from input parameter

Hi Guys, I am having a script file where in getting input parameter as string. I need to assign the variable but not able to achieve #!/bin/bash input=$1 replace=string_$input_string2 echo $replace I am getting but should get string_<input_value>_string2 string_ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
1 Replies
funnel(1)							     logtools								 funnel(1)

NAME
funnel - split one pipe stream to one or more files or programs SYNOPSIS
funnel [|] [>[>]file] [|process] DESCRIPTION
The funnel program will read data from standard input and write it to several output streams. The | symbol means to copy standard input to standard output. The > symbol means that a file name immediately follows with no separating spaces, the file will be truncated if it exists or created if it doesn't. The >> means that the file is to be appended to if it exists. A | symbol followed immediately by text indicates a command that is to be run by system() and will have all input piped to it. EXIT STATUS
0 No errors 1 Error opening input Other errors are 100 + number of commands or files that fail AUTHOR
This program, its manual page, and the Debian package were written by Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au>. FEATURES
Uses popen (3) for output so that shell expansion gets performed. If you want such shell expansion then you must ensure that you quote the parameters correctly so that they get expanded by popen (3) not the shell that calls funnel. SEE ALSO
popen(3) Russell Coker <;russell@coker.com.au> 0.06 funnel(1)