Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Moving VIOS, LPAR's, HMC to different subnet Post 302892794 by ibmtech on Friday 14th of March 2014 01:50:11 PM
Old 03-14-2014
Ok, that means eth0 (192.168.128.X) is the private network (which communicates with all Manage systems).

Eth1 is your public IP (which you use to establish connection from putty or web).
Unless you do VLAN Tagging or give a dedicated ethernet card to LPAR, they have to be on same subnet as your VIO

Code:
"Now I figured that default gateway has to be the same one that of VIOS  and LPAR's are using in order for HMC to connect to them via console".

This sentence is not really true, because the connection to Manage systems is through Private network and that is the reason you see Manage systems with different subnets are connected to HMC. (my personal example, I have my HMC on 10.10.4.x network and my MS on 4.x and 170.x)

Ok, if your eth2 configuration worked, then something must be wrong with eth1 configuration (either gateway or subnet mask values), or may be that IP is conflicting with other host.
We need more details on this to understand and troubleshoot.

Once you are in HMC, you will use console to get into VIO/LPAR, but in order to reach HMC you configure Public IP (in your case eth2).

So, once you are connected to HMC, then you use console to get to VIOS/LPAR.

Look at the network topology (from HMC under HMC management select that), you should see eth0 as the interface for all connections.

Hope this helps.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Problem mapping LUN disk from VIOS to the LPAR

Hello guys, It would be so nice of you if someone can provide me with these informations. 1) My SAN group assigned 51G of LUN space to the VIO server.I ran cfgdev to discover the newly added LUN. Unfortunately most of the disks that are in VIO server is 51G. How would I know which is the newly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

2. AIX

To see vhost on VIOS after creating an HMC profile

I created a profile in HMC for a new LPAR and activated it but not yet installed AIX. Is there a step to make this new LPAR available as vhostX from the VIO server after creating and activating an HMC profile? I already shared the CD-ROM device from the HMC profile. Thanks. -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learner1
1 Replies

3. AIX

VIOS to lpar Mapping

Hello, I have created mapping of 2 virtual adapters for Lpars using following command: mkvdev -vdev ipanalyzerlv1 -vadapter vhost11 mkvdev -vdev ipanalyzerlv -vadapter vhost13 The above two commands were succesfull but when I want to map the third virtual device to the same Lpar than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
3 Replies

4. AIX

What's the difference between VIOS and LPAR?

Hi All, Besides the licenses on VIO and LPAR. What's the main difference with the two? I have installed VIO, my manager told me so, because it's like a free hypervisor but I never installed LPAR before. How do you install it? And if you can give more info on the two, that would be great. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

5. AIX

Discovery LPAR from HMC

Hi All, i would like to know if it's possible to know all the IP Addresses of all LPAR's interfaces from HMC (without connect into LPAR). And if i can know also the "Application" hostname of LPAR from HMC. Thanks in advance. Bye Mario (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zio Bill
2 Replies

6. AIX

List LPAR from VIOS

Hi guys, does anyone know how to get a list of the LPAR running on VIOS? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cecco16
5 Replies

7. AIX

VIOS LPAR Error 0518

I am trying to install AIX 5.3 on one of the LPARs through VIOS but I get this error 0518 Reference Code Selection 0518 (Time stamp: 12/18/12 12:10:20 AM UTC) Starting kernel (Time stamp: 12/18/12 12:10:15 AM UTC) AIX is starting. (Time stamp: 12/18/12 12:10:15 AM... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
10 Replies

8. AIX

Command to show HMC of this lpar?

Does anyone know of a command that can be run on the lpar to show the name of the lpars managing HMC? We have a large environment and records a little old on which HMC manages which lpars....if i could login to an lpar and just issue a command to show me its managing hmc that would be great. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Foiled
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Hmc lpar console integration

We want to integrate powervm by using openstack with hmc. Now we encounter problem with the console, we can open the terminal within hmc, and I think hmc using tech java applet. sample applet code like <applet codebase="https://172.16.28.174/hmc/"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eagle
0 Replies

10. AIX

IBM VIOS AIX HMC Error

hello P6 was managed by HMC, tried to install on it VIOS 2.2.6 and got this error message Hosting requires a hosting partition -- boot not permitted vios-4 - imgbb.com then after creating an lpar in HMC got this message B2001230 vios-3 - imgbb.com anyone know how to solve this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies
bt-network(1)							    bluez-tools 						     bt-network(1)

NAME
bt-network - a bluetooth network manager SYNOPSIS
bt-network [OPTION...] Help Options: -h, --help Application Options: -a, --adapter=<name|mac> -c, --connect <name|mac> <uuid> -s, --server <gn|panu|nap> <brige> DESCRIPTION
This utility is used to manage network services (client/server). All servers will be automatically unregistered when the application terminates. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show help -a, --adapter <name|mac> Specify adapter to use by his Name or MAC address (if this option does not defined - default adapter used) -c, --connect <name|mac> <uuid> Connect to the network device and return the network interface name, uuid can be either one of "gn", "panu" or "nap" -s, --server <gn|panu|nap> <brige> Register server for the provided UUID, every new connection to this server will be added the bridge interface AUTHOR
Alexander Orlenko <zxteam@gmail.com>. SEE ALSO
bt-adapter(1) bt-agent(1) bt-audio(1) bt-device(1) bt-input(1) bt-monitor(1) bt-serial(1) 2010-11-22 bt-network(1)