Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script year_month_day_hour_minute with fail2ban Post 302891377 by blackrageous on Wednesday 5th of March 2014 10:53:21 AM
Old 03-05-2014
I suggest giving a better example. It's not clear what you're comparing each time value in the text file. You state

"then it will compare the current date/hour/minute in each line existing in the database file"

and then you say something about the current date and assume the current time is something...

"Today is 20140305 (year_month_day) & assume that the time is 15:11 at the moment."

Are you selecting records that are earlier than the current time. If so, won't all records in this file always be selected?

It's also not clear what you mean when you say "integrate into your database"

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Fail2ban: email notifications and banning ssh IP logins

Hi all. I am using Cygwin in Windows 7 and am trying to setup fail2ban so that I can ban foreign IP addresses under SSH, also getting email notifications. I downloaded fail2ban and installed it. I then created jail.local copy from jail.conf and changed some values in jail.local. Now when I try to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: synthesis
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file, grab ip with fail2ban

Solved with iptables. Many thanks... Hello, Objective: What I would like to accomplish is : - To read file1 line by line and search each word in file2. - To grab corresponding ip addresses found in file2 - To send related ip addresses to fail2ban (not iptables) By this way, when I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Fail2ban ERROR Unable to contact server. Is it running?

Hello, my fail2ban service is running (ps aux) When i do: fail2ban-client status it returns: ERROR Unable to contact server. Is it running? same message on fail2ban restart. In /etc/fail2ban/fail2ban.conf i see this line: socket = /var/run/fail2ban/fail2ban.sock but this file does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies
fwtmp(1M)																 fwtmp(1M)

NAME
fwtmp, wtmpfix - manipulate connect accounting records SYNOPSIS
[files] DESCRIPTION
fwtmp reads from the standard input and writes to the standard output, converting binary records of the type found in to formatted ASCII records. The ASCII version is useful to enable editing, via ed(1), bad records or for general purpose maintenance of the file. The argument is used to denote that input is in ASCII form, and output is to be written in binary form. The arguments and are independent, respectively specifying ASCII input and binary output. Therefor, is an ASCII to ASCII copy and is a binary to binary copy. should be used for reading If is not used, structure is read. wtmpfix examines the standard input or named files in format, corrects the time/date stamps to make the entries consistent, and writes to the stan- dard output. A can be used in place of files to indicate the standard input. If time/date corrections are not performed, will fault when it encounters certain date-change records. Each time the date is set, a pair of date change records is written to The first record is the old date denoted by the string old time placed in the line field and the flag placed in the type field of the structure. The second record specifies the new date, and is denoted by the string placed in the line field and the flag placed in the type field. uses these records to synchronize all time stamps in the file. nullifies date change records when writing to the standard output by setting the time field of the structure in the old date change record equal to the time field in the new date change record. This prevents and from factoring in a date change record pair more than once. In addition to correcting time/date stamps, wtmpfix checks the validity of the name field to ensure that it consists solely of alphanumeric characters or spaces. If it encounters a name that is considered invalid, it changes the login name to and writes a diagnostic to the standard error. This minimizes the risk that will fail when processing connect accounting records. DIAGNOSTICS
wtmpfix generates the following diagnostics messages: WARNINGS
generates no errors, even on garbage input. FILES
SEE ALSO
ed(1), acct(1M), acctcms(1M), acctcom(1M), acctcon(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctprc(1M), acctsh(1M), runacct(1M), acct(2), acct(4), utmp(4), wtmps(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
fwtmp(1M)