Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Command after telnet
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command after telnet Post 302889864 by vbe on Monday 24th of February 2014 07:57:57 AM
Old 02-24-2014
Not sure I understood...
After the telnet where should we be? Because on your previous update you seem to say on the remote...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automatic command to Telnet

I'm trying to send a command automatically via Telnet, but without success. I can do this: > telnet 100.100.100.1 8080 Trying 100.100.100.1... Connected to 100.100.100.1. Escape character is '^]'. Whereby I enter "command" and everything works like a charm, but I'd like to do this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ilja
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet in command prompt

Hi, i have typed telnet yahoo.com 80 in command prompt it displays as a blank command prompt page titling as Telnet Yahoo.com Other than that i am not able to get anything. can anyone sort me out the reason for this (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satheeshkr_cse
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet to router and execute command

I am trying to write a shell script to execute some commands.. telnet <IP address of the router> wait 10 echo "username" echo "password" sh log exit but i am unable to execute it properly ..please help me .. thanks in advance Sri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikanthus2002
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Redirect the output of telnet command on a terminal to a file ?

(/home/user1)-> more script.sh #!/bin/ksh ( echo open devicename sleep 3; echo user; sleep 2; echo password; sleep 2; echo "/info/dump"; ---------> This needs to redirect to a file .Can be number of pages sleep 2; echo "exit" ) | telnet Please use code tags next time for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: necro98
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for telnet and run one command kill it and run another command using while loop

( sleep 3 echo ${LOGIN} sleep 2 echo ${PSWD} sleep 2 while read line do echo "$line" PID=$? sleep 2 kill -9 $PID done < temp sleep 5 echo "exit" ) | telnet ${HOST} while is executing only command and exits. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sooda
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need shell script for SMS via telnet command

I am not very much familiar with telnet based scripting so I would need your help to directly submitting sms as deliver_sm or submit_sm msg to SMSC (IP & system_id and password are already known). So, need your help to provide such script. I previously used such script but my harddisk crashed and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wasay
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If Telnet fail abort other command..??

Hi Team, I my script i telent my node ip and after loging i run some commands...But some time login fail so i want to stop script at that time.. CONFIG_CHNG.sh printf 'Please Input Node ID : ' read node node="$node" #exec > node_log_$node.log 2>&1 #set -x >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Mankar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet connection closes before i execute GET command

I tried the below steps for telnet command from a remote server: 1. telnet myservice.com 443 2. GET / HTTP/1.0 3. Press enter key twice Please see the output below: bash-3.2$ hostname remoteserver1 bash-3.2$ telnet myservice.com 443 Trying 191.172.172.133... Connected to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies

9. Solaris

Not able to disable finger & telnet command in Solaris 8

Hi I need to disable finger & telnet command in solaris 8 I have put the # infront of finger and telnet line in /etc/inetd.conf file. Further I have run the below command kill -1 <process id of inetd > But when I am running finger command it is till giving information for remote machine... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Telnet command on AIX

Hello, I need to verify whether I am able to make connection to a remote server from my AIX (os level : 7.1.0.0) host. The host has 2 Alias IP's how can I force an source Alias IP on the telnet command. I tried the below options but none of them worked. Is there any other command that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rosebud123
6 Replies
TELNETD(8)						      System Manager's Manual							TELNETD(8)

NAME
telnetd - DARPA TELNET protocol server SYNOPSIS
/usr/libexec/telnetd DESCRIPTION
Telnetd is a server which supports the DARPA standard TELNET virtual terminal protocol. Telnetd is invoked by the internet server (see inetd(8)), normally for requests to connect to the TELNET port as indicated by the /etc/services file (see services(5)). Telnetd operates by allocating a pseudo-terminal device (see pty(4)) for a client, then creating a login process which has the slave side of the pseudo-terminal as stdin, stdout, and stderr. Telnetd manipulates the master side of the pseudo-terminal, implementing the TELNET protocol and passing characters between the remote client and the login process. When a TELNET session is started up, telnetd sends TELNET options to the client side indicating a willingness to do remote echo of charac- ters, to suppress go ahead, and to receive terminal type information from the remote client. If the remote client is willing, the remote terminal type is propagated in the environment of the created login process. The pseudo-terminal allocated to the client is configured to operate in "cooked" mode, and with XTABS and CRMOD enabled (see tty(4)). Telnetd is willing to do: echo, binary, suppress go ahead, and timing mark. Telnetd is willing to have the remote client do: binary, ter- minal type, and suppress go ahead. SEE ALSO
telnet(1C) BUGS
Some TELNET commands are only partially implemented. The TELNET protocol allows for the exchange of the number of lines and columns on the user's terminal, but telnetd doesn't make use of them. Because of bugs in the original 4.2 BSD telnet(1C), telnetd performs some dubious protocol exchanges to try to discover if the remote client is, in fact, a 4.2 BSD telnet(1C). Binary mode has no common interpretation except between similar operating systems (Unix in this case). The terminal type name received from the remote client is converted to lower case. The packet interface to the pseudo-terminal (see pty(4)) should be used for more intelligent flushing of input and output queues. Telnetd never sends TELNET go ahead commands. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution November 16, 1996 TELNETD(8)