Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Gnome3 locksup on new Linux kernel 12.6.xxx & 12.5.xxx Post 302882300 by ShinTec on Monday 6th of January 2014 05:06:15 AM
Old 01-06-2014
UPDATE: it seem like gnome-control-center command seem to be the culprit. I invoke the command in terminal it freezes the whole system and have to hard reset , has anyone got any ideas on why this happens?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a file from XXX.tar.Z

Hi All can u please let me know how to delete a file from XXX.tar.Z file with out uncompressing this file. thanks in advance. --Bali (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xxx.tar.gz error

Hi All, We have taken data backup using gzip but when we try to restore from ex:xxx.tar.gz file got below error. invalid compressed data--crc error and invalid compressed data--length error How to recover my original data. Thanks in advance for your suggestion (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep XXX that not followed by YYY

I want to grep all lines containing blocking sess= that are not followed by 0x0 cat trace.log blocking sess=0x0 blocking sess=0x0 rrrr...... blocking sess=121 blocking sess=0x0 blocking sess=0x0 blocking sess=0x0 some other lines blocking sess=001 blocking sess=0x0 blocking sess=0x1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynixon
6 Replies

4. AIX

echo $varibla | mail -s "subject" "xxx@xxx.com" not ruuning as expected

Hi Folks, As per the subject, the following command is not working as expected. echo $variable | mail -s "subject" "xxx@xxx.com" Could anyone figure it out whats wrong with this. I am using AIX box. Regards, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gjarms
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kill all proceess with the name XXX

Hello guys, I have a problem. How can i "kill -9" with the name process? I have a lot of process with the same name, but i do not want kill each one with the process ID. There is a comand to "kill -9" al process with name "XXXX". Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xedrox
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting entries starting with xxx

Hello, I am trying to extract all words (entries) from a file beginning with 123. For example: ververv ewfaafa 123asd 4334j fdgfgf fdfdssd 123890 xxxxx eeee sss 1234 sdfsf were sfs fbdsdfb fsdg sdgfsd bfg sdfb dsfb sdfg sdf ergerg 123pop sdfgdfg 123ww 123qq dffg Desired output: 123asd... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find command + replace the extension (.xxx) by *

Hello, I'm on HP Unix and in a Job, I tried to extract all files from a folder, and replace the extension (.xxxx) by '*' , remove duplicates and move the result in a file.. Example : Folder has : ABC, CCC.txt, CCC.sf, CCC.sfd, DDD I need to generate and output file with : ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: royinfo.alain
6 Replies
gnome-control-center(1) 					   User Commands					   gnome-control-center(1)

NAME
gnome-control-center, gnome-desktop-prefs - configure desktop preferences SYNOPSIS
gnome-control-center [gnome-std-options] [--noshell] DESCRIPTION
Desktop Preferences allows you to configure the GNOME desktop. If Nautilus is running, gnome-control-center will open up a new window and display all your preference tools. If Nautilus is not running, gnome-control-center will display a simple interface allowing you to select the preference tool to run. There are 3 categories of preference tools: Basic, Advanced, and Accessibility. Double-click on the tool that you require and the dialog for the tool will be displayed. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: --noshell Do not display the Desktop Preferences in Nautilus. This is not a supported interface. gnome-std-optionStandard options available for use with most GNOME applications. See gnome-std-options(5). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching Desktop Preferences example% gnome-control-center EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnome-control-cExecutable for Desktop Preferences interface ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-desktop-preferences | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Preference Tools Manual Latest version of the GNOME Desktop User Guide for your platform. gnome-background-properties(1), gnome-font-properties(1), gnome-keyboard-properties(1), gnome-keybinding-properties(1), gnome-ui-proper- ties(1), gnome-mouse-properties(1), gnome-network-preferences(1), gnome-sound-properties(1), gnome-theme-properties(1), metacity-proper- ties(1), gnome-accessibility-keyboard-properties(1), cddb-slave2-properties(1), gnome-file-types-properties(1), gnome-panel-preferences(1), gnome-default-applications-properties(1), gnome-session-properties(1), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Glynn Foster, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 2 Oct 2003 gnome-control-center(1)