Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Convert perl to shell
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert perl to shell Post 302878583 by Scott on Saturday 7th of December 2013 07:29:33 AM
Old 12-07-2013
We don't usually deal in covert operations. Please check your spelling when submitting questions Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert the below perl sript to shell script

perl script: my $logdir = '/smp/dyn/logfiles/fsm/mp/mp'; $logdir = $logdir ."/mp${toDate}*"; i tried to make it..as below .. but not working .. date +%m%d%y logdir = /smp/dyn/logfiles/fsm/mp/mp logdir=$logdir/mp"$date" but it was not working..... can someone please help me out in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help! Need to convert bash shell to perl

Hello All. I am very new to Linux and I am currently interning. I have been working on a project for 2 weeks now and I have had no success. I have to convert bash shell into perl to decrypt and store files. Here is the code in Linux and Bash. Any help would be greatly appreciated. $... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: freak
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell/Perl script to convert to Capitalize case

I need a shell script which will convert the given string within a <title> tag to Capitalize case. E.g "<title>hi man: check this out</title>" to "<title>Hi Man: Check This Out</title>" (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: parshant_bvcoe
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert perl code to shell script

This is about how to Monitoring folder for new files using shell script im doing a project using smsserver tools 3. i have used a perl script to handle incoming messages. the content of each message must be directed to a java program. this program generates the answer to reply to the user... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: x34
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert perl-statement to /bin/sh shell

Hi, I'm doing a small shellscript which is going to take each line in a "queue file" and do stuff to them. I can do the script easily, but I'd like this one to be a bit prettier. Consider the following perl statement: ... foreach my $line (@filedata) { my ($a, $b, $c) = split(/\t/,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brightstorm
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP on Perl array / sorting - trying to convert Korn Shell Script to Perl

Hi all, Not sure if this should be in the programming forum, but I believe it will get more response under the Shell Programming and Scripting FORUM. Am trying to write a customized df script in Perl and need some help with regards to using arrays and file handlers. At the moment am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert perl program to shell

Hi is there a way that i can convert this simple perl program into shell script #!usr/bin/perl -w use strict; use warnings; open INPUTFILE, "uniqprobecoordinates.out" || die "canot open the file $!"; open OUTPUTFILE, ">", "1_4reads.out"; while(<INPUTFILE>) { chomp; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargavpbk88
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert shell script to Perl

Hello,,I have a very small script that contains these lines; and it works perfectly; however I need to use Perl now as I will need to feel variables from a MySQL table into this; to it would be nice to start by converting this first... find / -perm 777 \( -type f -o -type d \) -exec ls -lid {}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl to shell convert

#!/usr/bin/perl #************************************************************** # # PERL SCRIPT # This script restarts the Application # # ##************************************************************** $ENV{'IFS'} = ' '; #open(STDERR,">&STDOUT"); #select... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikoundinya
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to shell convert

HI All, I am new in shell scripting ,can any one please help me to convert this scripts from Perl to Shell. Thank in advance. $customer=$ARGV; $rows=`hadoop fs -ls /ncip/$customer/|wc -l`; if($rows==3){ print "$customer directory exists , cleaning up ! \n"; `hadoop fs -rm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atul301
1 Replies
SPELL(1)						      General Commands Manual							  SPELL(1)

NAME
spell, spellin, spellout - find spelling errors SYNOPSIS
spell [ -v ] [ -b ] [ -x ] [ -d hlist ] [ -s hstop ] [ -h spellhist ] [ file ] ... spellin [ list ] spellout [ -d ] list DESCRIPTION
Spell collects words from the named documents, and looks them up in a spelling list. Words that neither occur among nor are derivable (by applying certain inflections, prefixes or suffixes) from words in the spelling list are printed on the standard output. If no files are named, words are collected from the standard input. Spell ignores most troff, tbl and eqn(1) constructions. Under the -v option, all words not literally in the spelling list are printed, and plausible derivations from spelling list words are indi- cated. Under the -b option, British spelling is checked. Besides preferring centre, colour, speciality, travelled, etc., this option insists upon -ise in words like standardise, Fowler and the OED to the contrary notwithstanding. Under the -x option, every plausible stem is printed with `=' for each word. The spelling list is based on many sources. While it is more haphazard than an ordinary dictionary, it is also more effective with proper names and popular technical words. Coverage of the specialized vocabularies of biology, medicine and chemistry is light. The auxiliary files used for the spelling list, stop list, and history file may be specified by arguments following the -d, -s, and -h options. The default files are indicated below. Copies of all output may be accumulated in the history file. The stop list filters out misspellings (e.g. thier=thy-y+ier) that would otherwise pass. Two routines help maintain the hash lists used by spell. Both expect a set of words, one per line, from the standard input. Spellin com- bines the words from the standard input and the preexisting list file and places a new list on the standard output. If no list file is specified, the new list is created from scratch. Spellout looks up each word from the standard input and prints on the standard output those that are missing from (or present on, with option -d) the hashed list file. For example, to verify that hookey is not on the default spelling list, add it to your own private list, and then use it with spell, echo hookey | spellout /usr/dict/hlista echo hookey | spellin /usr/dict/hlista > myhlist spell -d myhlist huckfinn FILES
/usr/dict/hlist[ab] hashed spelling lists, American & British, default for -d /usr/dict/hstop hashed stop list, default for -s /dev/null history file, default for -h /tmp/spell.$$* temporary files /usr/libexec/spell SEE ALSO
deroff(1), sort(1), tee(1), sed(1) BUGS
The spelling list's coverage is uneven; new installations will probably wish to monitor the output for several months to gather local addi- tions. British spelling was done by an American. 7th Edition October 22, 1996 SPELL(1)