Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Number of physical and virtual processors Post 302874979 by omkar.jadhav on Monday 18th of November 2013 07:59:50 AM
Old 11-18-2013
Thanks a lot "MadeInGermany"...Could u please send me the output of below script which is used to find the number of physical processor of machine :
Code:

awk '/^physical id/ && s[$NF]++==0' /proc/cpuinfo

i only have virtual machines..so i just want to know how the output looks on physical machine

in fact for all the three commands output on physical machine

Last edited by omkar.jadhav; 11-18-2013 at 09:08 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

get physical and virtual memory

What command can i use to get the physical and virtual memory of a database? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tads98
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX p5 virtual processors setting

Have a p570 LPAR capped/smt set to 4 physical processors. And currently have virtual processors set to 6 which gives 12 logical processors at AIX. This is for an Oracle9i database server running 4 instances. What should virtual processors be set to? at least initially? And how to determine when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guttew
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to find the number of physical processors and architecture in a hp-ux machine

Hi, I have two questions here. I need to find out the number of physical processors the HP-UX operating system is running in. Here i am referring to the physical processors in a system and not the number of cores. I can get the number of cores using the command 'ioscan -fnkC processor'.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shawshank
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

translating physical/virtual addresses

Hi all, I am new to Linux kernel/user space programming having been an assembly programmer in my previous life. I am now using 2.6.x kernel on an embedded CPU that has a few dedicated hardware blocks (including more CPU running just C-code, i.e., no operating system). There is a single DRAM... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agaurav
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Physical or Virtual

Hi, I am on an Solaris machine "SunOS 5.10 Generic_139556-08 i86pc i386 i86pc"..how do i check if I am on an physical or an virtaul server. Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjoy
6 Replies

6. AIX

Need help understand Virtual Processors

First of all I have performed a Google search and internal search and found several descriptions but nothing I can wrap my head around and feel 100% confident about. I feel really silly for asking this as I manage a P6 570 with 12 lpars but I have difficulity with Virtual Processors. I can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: juredd1
3 Replies

7. AIX

Processsing Units and Virtual Processors.

Hi, on redhat linux 5.5 (IBM PPC) os, whenever I am running the command top, it is showing 8 cpu. Processing Units Property Current Pending Minimum 0.1 Assigned 0.8 Maximum 1 Virtual Processors Property Current Pending Minimum 1 Assigned 4 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server is virtual or physical?

Hi All, How can I know whether the server I am connecting to is a virtual or physical one? The server might be having any Unix OS (Linux/Solaris/HP-UX etc.). Is there any system files / commands which can show these concrete information? Thanks in advance for the replies. sanzee (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanzee007
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to count number of physical and virtual processors on Solaris machine.?

hi, I am using command psrinfo -p to check the number of physical processors present on any soalris machine.I want to check the number of virtual processors assigned for particular solaris machine. which command/set of command need to be used which can grep or show the total virtual processors... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
8 Replies

10. AIX

Need help on physical and virtual cpu

HI, I need a command to find, 1) Avaiable Physical CPU 2) Avaiable virtual CPU TIA (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumanthupar
1 Replies
IPSEC_TNCFG(5)							  [FIXME: manual]						    IPSEC_TNCFG(5)

NAME
ipsec_tncfg - lists IPSEC virtual interfaces attached to real interfaces SYNOPSIS
ipsec tncfg cat/proc/net/ipsec_tncfg OBSOLETE
Note that tncfg is only supported on the classic KLIPS stack. It is not supported on any other stack and will be completely removed in future versions. A replacement command still needs to be designed DESCRIPTION
/proc/net/ipsec_tncfg is a read-only file which lists which IPSEC virtual interfaces are attached to which real interfaces, through which packets will be forwarded once processed by IPSEC. Each line lists one ipsec I/F. A table entry consists of: + an ipsec virtual I/F name + a visual and machine parsable separator '->', separating the virtual I/F and the physical I/F, + a physical I/F name, to which the ipsec virtual I/F is attached or NULL if it is not attached, + the keyword mtu=, + the MTU of the ipsec virtual I/F, + the automatically adjusted effective MTU for PMTU discovery, in brackets, + a visual and machine parsable separator '->', separating the virtual I/F MTU and the physical I/F MTU, + the MTU of the attached physical I/F. EXAMPLES
ipsec2 -> eth3 mtu=16260(1443) -> 1500 shows that virtual device ipsec2 with an MTU of 16260 is connected to physical device eth3 with an MTU of 1500 and that the effective MTU as a result of PMTU discovery has been automatically set to 1443. ipsec0 -> wvlan0 mtu=1400(16260) -> 1500 shows that virtual device ipsec0 with an MTU of 1400 is connected to physical device wvlan0 with an MTU of 1500 and no PMTU packets have gotten far enough to bump down the effective MTU from its default of 16260. ipsec3 -> NULL mtu=0(0) -> 0 shows that virtual device ipsec3 is not connected to any physical device. FILES
/proc/net/ipsec_tncfg, /usr/local/bin/ipsec SEE ALSO
ipsec(8), ipsec_manual(8), ipsec_eroute(5), ipsec_spi(5), ipsec_spigrp(5), ipsec_klipsdebug(5), ipsec_tncfg(8), ipsec_version(5), ipsec_pf_key(5) HISTORY
Written for the Linux FreeS/WAN project <http://www.freeswan.org/> by Richard Guy Briggs. [FIXME: source] 10/06/2010 IPSEC_TNCFG(5)