Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ssh and pgrep not working
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ssh and pgrep not working Post 302869225 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 29th of October 2013 11:56:20 PM
Old 10-30-2013
Code:
cat remotescript
#!/bin/sh
PID1=`pgrep -fl testapp1 | awk '{print $1}'`
PID2=`pgrep -fl testapp2 | awk '{print $1}'`
echo $PID1,$PID2

Code:
ssh -q testuser1@myhost.com /bin/sh < remotescript

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

pgrep returns 256

Hi Everyone, I have a strange behaviour In my c program i use this line: int retval = system("pgrep encoder"); while i expect retval to contain 0,1,2,3 i get 256. did i do something wrong? thanks, Alex (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex889
2 Replies

2. AIX

ssh is not working !

Guy's I have AIX 6.1 SSH in it is not working but is up and Active ..... server1/etc>lssrc -s sshd Subsystem Group PID Status sshd ssh 450686 active from my PC can I login by SSH but SSH from Server1 to Server2 is not accepting it's giving me this message server1/etc>ssh sever2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PGREP Arguments

I'm trying to figure out how to use pgrep to pull the arguments of a process. Given: root 308 1 0 00:00 ? 00:00:00 /bin/sh /some/random/path/somescript.sh -flag /another/path/blahI can get the pid (308) using this command: pgrep shHowever, what if I wanted to pull by "somescript.sh"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

ssh to server is not working

When we ssh -i private key user@ip we get the password prompt. The sending servers public key is in the receiving server. We have blown away the known_hosts file on the sending server and restarted the ssh connection. We don't know what else to do. Any other suggestions? (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
15 Replies

5. Solaris

SSH: internal working but external not working

Hi, This is a strange issue: We have an sftp server. Users can ssh to it from internal LAN without any issue, but they can not ssh to it externally via firewall. Here is what I got: OS is Solaris 9. No hosts.allow and hosts.deny files. Please help. Thank you in advance! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH tunnel working for ssh but not for sshfs

I'm trying to setup a link between my home pc (work-machine) and a server at work (tar-machine) that is behind a gateway (hop-machine) and not directly accessible. my actions: work-machine$ ssh -L 1234:tar-machine:22 hop-machine work-machine$ ssh -p 1234 user@127.0.0.1 - shh access on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vathau
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

SSH not working

Hi, I have a server running RHEL 6.0. While logging in through root ,I can login.But if I try to login through "integ" user,I am unable to login. /var/log/secure messages::: May 20 15:25:23 punsyncserv su: pam_unix(su-l:session): session opened for user integ by root(uid=0) May 20 15:29:44... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nowornever
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pgrep for processes which are not associated with a terminal in Ubuntu

I would like to find all of the PIDs of processes which are not associated with a terminal and started by CRON. When I do the ps aux | less command, I see in the TTY field a lot of processes with ? character I would like to get those processes ID, is there a way to do that with pgrep? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ASF Studio
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pgrep not showing desired output

I am searching for a process that should be up and running. Im using the following command ps -ef | grep elasticsearch to get elastic+ 1673 1 0 Jan29 ? 05:08:56 /bin/java -Xms4g -Xmx4g -Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Echo/kill pgrep

Hi folks. I'm wondering why the following doesn't work and hoe to fix it... I can: # pgrep foo 1234 I can: # echo | pgrep foo 1234 But I can't # kill | pgrep foo kill: usage: blah blah So why does echo pipe correctly but kill doesn't? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuntyScrunt
9 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)