Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Problem migrating disk attached to the same vg (lvm) Post 302855081 by Begnux on Thursday 19th of September 2013 04:05:27 AM
Old 09-19-2013
Linux Problem migrating disk attached to the same vg (lvm)

Hi,

I'm trying to migrate the content of disk 'A' to disk 'B', that they belong to the same vg 'data'_vg'. Whe using pvmove, I get the following error: 'device-mapper: suspend ioctl failed: Interrupted system call'. I put down the whole trace:

Code:
pvmove -v "source_disk" "sink_disk"

Updating volume group metadata
    Creating volume group backup "/etc/lvm/backup/data_vg" (seqno 62).
    Found volume group "data_vg"
    Suspending data_vg-sapmnt_NLP_lv (253:28)
    Suspending data_vg-pvmove0 (253:58)
    Suspending data_vg-oracle_NLP_origlogA_lv (253:32)

device-mapper: suspend ioctl failed: Interrupted system call
  Unable to suspend data_vg-oracle_NLP_origlogA_lv (253:32)
WARNING: dev_open(/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-36005076306ffc6c90000000000005104) called while suspended
  WARNING: dev_open(/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-36005076306ffc6c90000000000005004) called while suspended
  WARNING: dev_open(/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-36005076306ffc6c90000000000005101) called while suspended
  WARNING: dev_open(/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-36005076306ffc6c90000000000005100) called while suspended
  WARNING: dev_open(/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-36005076306ffc6c90000000000005102) called while suspended
  WARNING: dev_open(/dev/disk/by-id/scsi-36005076306ffc6c90000000000005103) called while suspended
  /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-36005076306ffc6c90000000000005003: Moved: 10.5%
    Updating volume group metadata
    Creating volume group backup "/etc/lvm/backup/data_vg" (seqno 63).
    Suspending data_vg-sapmnt_NLP_lv (253:28)
    Suspending data_vg-pvmove0 (253:58)
    Suspending data_vg-oracle_NLP_origlogA_lv (253:32)

Can anyone help, please ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

disk adding through lvm

Hi dear(s) Can u explain how to add a disk through lvm with commands. I need to add a 9 gb scsi HS disk to a Hp D class 9000 server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreekumar.R
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

Migrating from RHEL LVM to VxVM

Hiya, Is there a known method from converting LVM data to VxVM data.. ie we have a load of local and SAN (HPDM) mounts on RHEL 4u5/5u1 servers which are now required to be clustered with SFS (VxFS,VxVM,CFS,VCS etc) I've come across the vxvmconvert, but thought that was HP-UX only? Many... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsupplies
0 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Migrating from RHEL LVM to VxVM

Hiya, Is there a known method from converting LVM data to VxVM data.. ie we have a load of local and SAN (HPDM) mounts on RHEL 4u5/5u1 servers which are now required to be clustered with SFS (VxFS,VxVM,CFS,VCS etc) I've come across the vxvmconvert, but thought that was HP-UX only? Many... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itsupplies
3 Replies

4. AIX

Disk I/O Issue using LVM

We have a filesystem which contains 8 hard disks but i am facing disk I/O issue becuase data is not spreading across all the disks.Is there any way i can check how data is spreading and any parameter we need to change to spread ata across all disks. OS--AIX 5.3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ukatru
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Remove Faulty disk from HP-UX LVM VG

Requirement to remove a faulty mirrored disk from hp-ux LVM <root@pdwp1s>/etc # vgdisplay -v /dev/vg00 vgdisplay: Warning: couldn't query physical volume "/dev/dsk/c2t0d0": The specified path does not correspond to physical volume attached to this volume group vgdisplay: Warning: couldn't... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Swap space related issues, how to recognise the newly attached disk

hi!:) i got a problem....:wall::wall: i got several disks in my diskarray. I attached new disk to allocate it to the swap space. The problem is : how to recognise the newly attached disk? I've one more requirement -:wall:- i want to run dns service on another port number.how can i do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LVM - restore metadata on other disk

Hi guys, I would like to ask your opinion about my theory, how to fix my broken LVM without risking any data loss. I use Archlinux at home. I just love this distro, even it gives me a lots of work (particularly after system updates). Basic system spec: AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lyynxxx
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

LVM: is possible to replace a disk?

Scenario1: VG00 lvm,not mirrored,2 disk of 36GB vg size VG00 size is under 30G. Is possible to remove a disk of 36GB and replace "on fly" with a disk of 300GB on VG00? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
6 Replies

9. HP-UX

Migrating vg00 to new 2.2 on a bigger disk

My project: i want to migrate from a vg00(actual 75GB disk) to a new vg01 (300GB disk),hpux is 11.31 on itanium efi system. vg00 is disk0 vg01 is disk8 I did this #check disk dimension diskinfo -b /dev/rdisk/disk0_p2 | awk '{print $1/1024}' #create a part file vi /tmp/partition 3 EFI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
0 Replies

10. Solaris

How to identify if disk is attached to SAN and assist in migration.?

I am working on VM host and collecting data to identify the type of storage attached to the server which will be migrated to VNX. it has one ldom created on it luxadm probe output --- No Network Array enclosures found in /dev/es Found Fibre Channel device(s): Node... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpatel786
7 Replies
vgmove(1M)																vgmove(1M)

NAME
vgmove - move data from an old set of disks in a volume group to a new set of disks SYNOPSIS
autobackup] diskmapfile vg_name autobackup] diskfile diskmapfile vg_name DESCRIPTION
The command migrates data from the existing set of disks in a volume group to a new set of disks. After the command completes successfully, the new set of disks will belong to the same volume group. The command is intended to migrate data on a volume group from old storage to new storage. The diskmapfile specifies the list of source disks to move data from, and the list of destination disks to move data to. The user may choose to list only a subset of the existing physical volumes in the volume group that need to be migrated to a new set of disks. The format of the diskmapfile file is shown below: source_pv_1 destination_pv_1_1 destination_pv_1_2 .... source_pv_2 destination_pv_2_1 destination_pv_2_2 .... .... source_pv_n destination_pv_n_1 destination_pv_n_2 .... If a destination disk is not already part of the volume group, it will be added using see vgextend(1M). Upon successful completion of the source disk will be automatically removed from the volume group using see vgreduce(1M). After successful migration, the destination disks are added to the LVM configuration files; namely, or The source disks along with their alternate links are removed from the LVM configuration files. A sample diskmapfile is shown below: /dev/disk/disk1 /dev/disk/disk51 /dev/disk/disk52 /dev/disk/disk2 /dev/disk/disk51 /dev/disk/disk3 /dev/disk/disk53 The diskmapfile can be manually created, or it can be automatically generated using the diskfile and diskmapfile options. The argument diskfile contains a list of destination disks, one per line such as the sample file below: /dev/disk/disk51 /dev/disk/disk52 /dev/disk/disk53 When the option is given, reads a list of destination disks from diskfile, generates the source to destination mapping, and saves it to diskmapfile. The volume group must be activated before running the command. If the command is interrupted before it completes, the volume group is in the same state it was at the beginning of the command. The migration can be continued by running the command with the same options and disk mapping file. Options and Arguments The command recognizes the following options and arguments: vg_name The path name of the volume group. Set automatic backup for this invocation of autobackup can have one of the following values: Automatically back up configuration changes made to the volume group. This is the default. After this command executes, the command is executed for the volume group; see vgcfgbackup(1M). Do not back up configuration changes this time. Specify the name of the file containing the source to destination disk mapping. If the option is also given, will generate the disk mapping and save it to this filename. (Note that if the diskmapfile already exists, the file will be overwritten). Otherwise, will perform the data migration using this diskmapfile. Specify the name of the file containing the list of destination disks. This option is used with the option to generate the diskmapfile. When the option is used, no volume group data is moved. Preview the actions to be taken but do not move any volume group data. Shared Volume Group Considerations For volume group version 1.0 and 2.0, cannot be used if the volume group is activated in shared mode. For volume groups version 2.1 (or higher), can be performed when activated in either shared, exclusive, or standalone mode. Note that the daemon must be running on all the nodes sharing a volume group activated in shared mode. See lvmpud(1M). When a node wants to share the volume group, the user must first execute a if physical volumes were moved in or out of the volume group at the time the volume group was not activated on that node. LVM shared mode is currently only available in Serviceguard clusters. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified or is null, it defaults to "C" (see lang(5)). If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, all internationalization variables default to "C" (see environ(5)). EXAMPLES
Move data in volume group from to After the migration, remove from the volume group: Generate a source to destination disk map file for where the destination disks are and SEE ALSO
lvmpud(1M), pvmove(1M), vgcfgbackup(1M), vgcfgrestore(1M), vgextend(1M), vgreduce(1M), intro(7), lvm(7). vgmove(1M)