Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Starting with C-Programming
Top Forums Programming Starting with C-Programming Post 302832705 by Dr. Nick on Monday 15th of July 2013 01:27:42 PM
Old 07-15-2013
thank you very much!

maybe while I'm continuing my work with my textbook some other people have some thoughts? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting X?

I just installed FreeBSD 4.5 and I want to find out how I can start and run X? When I boot I get taken to the command line. Xconfigurator doesn't want to work. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AMDPwred
2 Replies

2. Programming

c programming or unix programming!?

i would like advice on the usbject of c programming (in the middle of reading a book on C). could i benefit more if i apply that knowledge in the unix format if i were able to, or would that take the point out of learning C, basically I want to stay away from strying too far away from unix and use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Starting over

I am re-learning UNIX and want to download Unix to my lab for studying on the road. Any suggestions? Got several books, but need to run scripts :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DudeMan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Systems Programming Vs Unix Programming

Several months ago I found a link that explained the difference between how a Unix Systems Admin would do scripting compared to what a Unix Programmer would do. It showed a basic script and then show several iterations that explained how the Systems Admin would change it to make it better. I was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BCarlson
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

6. Programming

C Programming - Hardware Programming

Can someone help me on suggesting some ways to access the memory content in RAM directly from C/C++ source code. Please provide me any book name or any URL so that I can get an exhaustive knowledge over it. If possible please give me some tips on interacting with hardwares directly through... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandumishra
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

8. Web Development

What are web design programming steps starting with HTML?

I'm studying web design and I would like to know the stages to knowing what you will ultimately need to know when entering this profession. With HTML being the step one and the basics, to I think XHTML and Css, being two, what's next? JavaScript? MySQL? Can some one provide an ordered list of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From iOS programming to Linux system programming

Hello. I like Linux and C programming language. Allways wanted to understand kernel and become a Linux system programmer. And I also like Objective-C and iOS. These two programming areas have relations: 1. Linux and iOS are UNIX-like systems, POSIX compliant. 2. It is useful to know C language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockatansky
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies
NETROM(4)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 NETROM(4)

NAME
AF_NETROM - NET/ROM amateur packet radio protocol family DESCRIPTION
NET/ROM is a protocol used extensively by radio amateurs. The Linux NET/ROM protocol family permits access to these protocols via the stan- dard networking socket metaphor. The NET/ROM protocol layer only supports connected mode. IP traffic may be stacked on top of NET/ROM frames using a non-standard extension to the NET/ROM protocol. The only mode of operation is connected mode which is the mode used for a socket of type SOCK_SEQPACKET (stream sockets are not available in NET/ROM). This requires that the user ensures output data is suitably packetised, and that input data is read a packet at a time into a buffer of suitable size. NET/ROM addresses consist of 6 ascii characters and a number called the SSID. These are encoded into a sockaddr_ax25 structure which is provided to the relevant system calls. NET/ROM has some unusual properties. Notably in a multi-user system an AX.25 address is often associated with a user, and some users may not have such an association. a set of ioctl calls are provided to manage an association table. NET/ROM supports the following socket options for SOL_NETROM. NETROM_T1 is the T1 timer in 1/10ths of a second, NETROM_T2 is the T2 timer in 1/10ths of a second. NETROM_N2, the retry counter is also configurable. There is no 'infinite retry' option supported however. It is possible for an application to request that the NET/ROM layer return the NET/ROM header as well as the application data, this is done via the NETROM_HDRINCL socket option. SEE ALSO
call(1), socket(2), setsockopt(2), getsockopt(2), nrbroadcast(5), nrports(5), netromd(8), noderest(8), nodesave(8), nrparms(8). AUTHOR
Jonathan Naylor G4KLX <g4klx@g4klx.demon.co.uk> Linux 25 July 1996 NETROM(4)