Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX Mount Issue
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users UNIX Mount Issue Post 302824873 by FreddoT on Friday 21st of June 2013 05:59:21 PM
Old 06-21-2013
Output of ls -ld /dev/sda1 /media/int:

Code:
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 1 Jun 21 21:47 /dev/sda1
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root   40 Jun 21 21:26 /media/int/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

USB Mount issue in Solaris 10

Hi All, :confused: I had an issue with the USB in Solaris 10 Ultra SParc machine. I am able to mount the USB in my machine using the mount command. # mount -F pcfs /dev/dsk/c2t0d0s0:c /mnt The problem is when i copy a file from my local hard disk to the USB using the " cp -p... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spavindla
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

NFS4 Mount issue - ASAP

Hi, I am trying to mount via nfs4 # mount -t nfs4 10.1.56.16:/Apps /works/apps/xyz Error: Warning rpc.idmapd apperas not to be running all uids will be mapped to the nobody uid mount to NFS server "10.1.56.16' failed RPC error: program/version mismatched pls help - this is coming... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

NFS-Mount issue

Hi, While i try to mount the NFS file system on the client linux server i am getting the error message as (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
4 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Mount issue

Hi, I was running short of space on /tmp which was mounted on /. Now I tried to move /tmp to another device unfortunately everything in that particular folder got copied in /tmp so I reverted back by mounting it to /. But now it has started pointing to all folders with /. How do I get out of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedwaseem2000
4 Replies

5. Red Hat

NFS mount issue

Hi Friends, My source server is HP and my destination is linux. I have to mount a dir thru nfs from source to destn. almost 8 servers i did the same thing and it is working fine but on the 9th server i can't able to mount. Everything i have did for nfs configuration.Even i can able to ping... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mohamed Thamim
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Mount issue

Hi There, I have following issue: # df -k Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/hda1 30470144 4200476 24696908 15% / /dev/hda6 223461396 82243140 129683992 39% /apps /dev/hda5 10153988 155100 9474772 2%... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sunil Koya
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount issue

I format a usb key: mkfs -t ext4 /dev/sdf1 mkfs -t ext4 /dev/sdf2 (also tried mkfs.ext4 /dev/sdfx and mke2fs -t ext4 /dev/sdfx) and have the following: # fdisk -l Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System /dev/sdf1 * 64 6097695 3048816 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arpagon
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/fstab mount issue

I have a virtual machine with Redhat installed . I am trying to link CD/DVD Drive 1 to /media/cdrom1 and CD/DVD Drive 0 to /media/cdrom0 I tried making these changed in /etc/fstab by adding the below line to it /dev/sr0 /media/cdrom0 iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: walterthered
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

NFS mount issue

we are facing a weird NFS mount issue on one of the linux host , a NFS volume of 2.4TB is mounted in the linux host , but df only reports 131g , which exactly matches rootfilesytem size nfs mount filer_filer1:/vol/bug_test/q0 131G 116G 8.5G 94% /nas/bug_test root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skamal4u
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Mount issue please help

Hi all I have a mount issue, that is as follows: somebody as mount a certain file system /sim5 on /, so when I do df -h /sim5it returns Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d10 9.6G 7.0G 2.6G 74% /, which is the same as df -h /... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
25 Replies
mkcd(1M)						  System Administration Commands						  mkcd(1M)

NAME
mkcd - create bootable Solaris ISO image SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/mkcd -v [-l label] media-root iso DESCRIPTION
The mkcd utility takes media-root (the root of an on-disk Solaris install media) as input and creates a bootable Solaris ISO image in the file iso, using mkisofs(8). The file can then be burned onto a CD/DVD with utilities such as cdrw(1) or cdrecord(1). (Neither mkisofs(8) nor cdrecord(1) are SunOS man pages.) Caution - The directory tree media-root must contain the file boot/grub/stage2_eltorito, which will be written to the media boot sectors. This file will be modified with some boot information, thus it must be writable. If necessary, first save a copy prior to running this utility. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -l label Sets label as the label/volume name of the ISO image. -v Verbose. Multiple -v options increase verbosity. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: media-root Top-level directory of an on-disk Solaris install media. iso Name of the output file which will contain the resulting ISO image. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Creating an ISO Image and Burning a CD/DVD The following commands create an ISO image from the content of s10u1 and burn the image to a CD/DVD. # /usr/bin/mkcd s10u1 s10u1.iso # /usr/bin/cdrw -i s10u1.iso ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cdrw(1), attributes(5) mkisofs(8), (/usr/share/man/man8/mkisofs.8), in the SUNWfsman package (not a SunOS man page) SunOS 5.11 25 Jul 2008 mkcd(1M)