Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Datatype and length validation Post 302820541 by Jotne on Thursday 13th of June 2013 02:25:17 AM
Old 06-13-2013
Why not use post you already have:
https://www.unix.com/shell-programmin...-checking.html

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - Line length validation

I am attempting to use awk to validate the length of each line in a fixed-width raw data file prior to reading in the data. I am happy with.... {if (length() == 403) print > "valid.file"; else print > " invalid.file" } ...to separate out the valid length lines from invalid length... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: en7smb
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - Line length validation

Hi, I have requirement where record length is stored in an variable RECORD_LENGTH Code goes as follows RECORD_LENGTH=537 the above is arrived from #RECORD_LENGTH=`awk -F"=" '{$sum+=$2} END{print $sum}' DBP_Claims_CFG.ini` awk ' { if (length() == '$RECORD_LENGTH') print FNR, $0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ainuddin
4 Replies

3. Programming

How to get the size of the datatype passed as the command line argumet?

#include <stdio.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { printf("%d\n", sizeof(argv)); return 0; } when I run the executable a.out after compiling the above program as: a.out short (or) a.out "long double", I expected to get the output as 2 and 12, but I am always getting the size of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flat file-make field length equal to header length

Hello Everyone, I am stuck with one issue while working on abstract flat file which i have to use as input and load data to table. Input Data- ------ ------------------------ ---- ----------------- WFI001 Xxxxxx Control Work Item A Number of Records ------ ------------------------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonali.s.more
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with separating datatype, column name

Hi All, I am new to unix but have a requirement wherein I need to separate datatype,length, and column name from input file which is of below format -- record integer(10) empid; string(25) name; date("YYYY-MM-DD") dob; decimal(10) salary; end now after getting datatype,its length and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoenix09
4 Replies

6. Programming

Understanding C++ template partial specialization with pointer datatype arguments

When I compile the below code, I am getting error as template<typename T> T AddFun(T i, T j) { return i + j; } template<> T* AddFun<T*>(T* i, T* j) { return new T(*i + *j); } int main() { int n = AddFun<int>(10, 20); int i = 10, j = 20; int* p = AddFun<int*>(&i,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Datatype file validation

I have a sourcefile which contains data as below.I want to check whether datatype,structure and date format looks good as mentioned. Data is delemited by cydila . Source file-Emp.txt sno name phoneno dept joineddate 1 vivek 0861 CSE 2013-05-29 00:00:00 2 dinesh 123456 ECE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Datatype,structure and dateformat checking.

I have a sourcefile which contains data as below.I want to check whether datatype,structure and date format looks good as mentioned. Data is delemited by cydila Ç. Source file-Emp.txt snoÇnameÇphonenoÇdeptÇjoineddate 1ÇvivekÇ0861ÇCSEÇ2013-05-29 00:00:00 2ÇdineshÇ123456ÇECEÇ2013-05-29 00:00:00... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Length validation

I am using below code to find the length of first column additionally I want the complete row which length is greater than 12.at the end I want the rows where first column data length is greater than 12. Just it should validate and highlight the rows where length(first column) is greater than... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srivalli
5 Replies
URL(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    URL(4)

NAME
url -- Realtek RTL8150L USB Ethernet driver SYNOPSIS
url* at uhub? urlphy* at mii? DESCRIPTION
The url driver provides support for USB Ethernet adapters based on the Realtek RTL8150L USB-ether bridge chip. The url driver supports the following adapters: CompUSA USBKR100 GreenHouse GH-USB100B Melco Inc. LUA-KTX Sitecom LN013 For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). DIAGNOSTICS
url%d: watchdog timeout A packet was queued for transmission and a transmit command was issued, however the device failed to acknowledge the transmission before a timeout expired. url%d: no memory for rx list The driver failed to allocate an mbuf for the receiver ring. SEE ALSO
arp(4), mii(4), netintro(4), usb(4), ifconfig(8) HISTORY
The url device driver first appeared in NetBSD 1.6. AUTHORS
The url driver was written by Shingo WATANABE <nabe@nabechan.org>. BSD
September 18, 2006 BSD