Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Concatenating 2 lines from 2 files having matching strings Post 302818257 by pamu on Friday 7th of June 2013 08:06:59 AM
Old 06-07-2013
try
Code:
awk 'NR==FNR{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){S=S?S" "$i:">"$i}; A[">"$1]=S; next}{print A[$0]?A[$0]:$0}' file_2 file_1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating Strings

Is there any function to concatenate strings in shell script (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika03
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenating strings..

hey guys.. probably a simple question but i cant seem to find any info on it. i have a small array of strings, and i want to concatenate the contents of the array into one big string. any ideas on how i can do this? cheers. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jt_csv
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove matching lines with list of strings

Hi, HP-UX gxxxxxxxc B.11.23 U ia64 3717505098 unlimited-user license I have a file with below pipe separated field values: xxx|xxx|abcd|xxx|xxx|xx xxx|xxx|abcd#123|xxx|xxx|xx xxx|xxx|abcd#345|xxx|xxx|xx xxx|xxx|pqrs|xxx|xxx|xx xxx|xxx|pqrs#123|xxx|xxx|xx The third field has values like... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nanu_Manju
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenating strings

I m new to shell scripting and what i want is take as an i/p from command line the name of the file and inside my script i should redirect the o/p of my few commands to this file concatenated with .txt for example if i give ./linux filename i should get the o/p in filename.txt i need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tulip
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenating selected lines of multiple files

Hi, I would like a shell script that reads all files in a directory and concatenate them. It is not a simple concatenation. The first few lines of the files should not be included. The lines to be included are the lines from where 'START HERE' appears up to the end of the file. For example, I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating lines of separate files using awk or sed

For example: File 1: abc def ghi jkl mno pqr File 2: stu vwx yza bcd efg hij klm nop qrs I want the reult to be: abc def ghistu vwx yza jkl mno pqrbcd efg hij klm nop qrs (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamahomekarasu
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in concatenating two Strings

Hi Friends, I'm new to shell scripting and trying to concatenate two Strings to create a filepath like string but I'm getting an unexpected result. here is my code for 'runToneUserLoad.sh': script_dir="$(dirname $0)" echo "Script Dir:$script_dir" dirtest1="/installedUtility"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuldeept
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching strings from different files

I want to compare file 1 to file 2 and if a string from file 1 appears in file 2, then print the file 2 row, where the string appears, onto file3. file 1 looks like this. DOG_0004340 blah blah2 j 22424 DOG_3010311 blah blah3 o 24500 DOG_9949221 blah blah6 x 35035 file 2 looks like... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: verse123
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating strings and run it in bash

Hi, all, I tried to write a simple shell script as follow: #!/bin/bash # What want to do in bash is following # : pcd_viewer cloud_cluster_0.pcd cloud_cluster_1.pcd cloud_cluster_2.pcd cloud_cluster_3.pcd cloud_cluster_4.pcd STR = "pcd_viewer" for i in `seq 0 4` do STR... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bedeK
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extract the partial matching strings among two files?

I have a two file as shown below, file:1 >Contig_152_415 (REVERSE SENSE) >Contig_152_420 (REVERSE SENSE) >Contig_152_472 (REVERSE SENSE) >Contig_152_484 (REVERSE SENSE) File:2 >Contig_152:49081-49929 ATCGAGCAGCGCCGCGTGCGGTGCACCCTTGTGCAGATCGGGAGTAACCACGCGCACGGC... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshkumarsrk
2 Replies
pospell(1)							   User Manuals 							pospell(1)

NAME
pospell - Run a program on the translation strings of a .po-file SYNOPSIS
pospell [-l language ] [-fsv] -n pofile -p program [-- [ arguments... ]] DESCRIPTION
pospell copies the translations from the pofile to a temporary file (called the spellfile) and then calls program with its arguments. pro- gram is supposed to somehow change the spellfile. It is typically a spell checker. Afterwards the possibly changed translations in spell- file is copied back into the pofile. If pofile is specified as - then pospell will act as a filter, i.e. standard input and standard output will be used. %f in the arguments will be expanded to the name of the spellfile, or - if the -f option is used. Use %% for a real % character. All comment lines in the pofile are replaced with lines with "#" as the only character in the spellfile. The msgid strings with original text in the pofile are replaced with lines with ">" and "]" as the only characters in the spellfile. The msgstr strings with file headers (i.e. strings without corresponding msgid strings) are replaced with lines with ")" and "]" as the only characters in the spellfile. Don't change or remove these lines from the spellfile - they are used when the spellfile and the pofile are merged together after running the program. The normal msgstr strings are copied to the spellfile with some changes: 1) The word msgstr and everything else before the string is replaced by a "+" character. 2) Strings with C escape sequences followed by a letter like "one two" are split to parts like "one " "two". 3) Leading whitespace in continuation lines is removed. The changes of kind 1) and 2) are undone when the spellfile is copied back into the pofile, but removed whitespace will not be restored. OPTIONS
-f The called program is a filter so don't make a temporary file, but pipe the spellfile to its standard input and read it back from its standard output. -l language Only translations with the indicated language code are copied to the spellfile. -s Quit with an error message if unrecognized items are found in the pofile or spellfile. -v Print the version and exit. FILES
pospell uses one or two temporary files with names given by the mkstemp(3) or the tmpnam(3) function. BUGS
If some system call gives an unexpected error pospell will stop immediately with an error message leaving its temporary files. AUTHOR
Byrial Jensen <byrial@image.dk> SEE ALSO
The GNU gettext utilities. newsbody(1). Unix APRIL 2000 pospell(1)