Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Email backup log
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Email backup log Post 302815191 by Bdoydie on Friday 31st of May 2013 06:38:19 AM
Old 05-31-2013
I have made some progress,
i changed the DATE variable to
Code:
DATE=  "`date | awk '{print $3, $2, $4}' | sed 's/\(.*\) /\1,/'`"

And now the only issue is it thinks the output
Code:
May 31,2013

is a command rather than text,

I want the variable to be text as im passing it into the next awk command as a string

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

creating log files for a backup script on solaris

I have a simple backup script that I am running to back up drives across the network. However I need to have detailed log files for this script such as time backup started, what was backed up, if there were any errors and the time that the backup was complete. I would also like the script to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: valicon
3 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Backup Directories and SubDirectories with log using DOS

Hello. I need to Backup an Directorie with Sub-directories and after that put in a log file. Then i need to copy several files and have a log file to. All that using old DOS. Could someone help ? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: osramos
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

where are my email log files

I am trying to find the email log file that would have info on users downloading their pop mail. Our email is hosted on a unix server running apache. I am not sure the exact version of mail software running, but when I telnet to the mail server the response I get is this "+OK POP3 v2003.83rh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mstarcom
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing email log

Can anyone give me some examples of how I can parse the following lines of text so that all characters up to and including the @ symbol are deleted? Also, any duplicates would need to be deleted in order to produce the desired output. Any help is much appreciated and explanations of any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjamd64
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Showing a daily backup job from a unique log file.

Hi guys, I´m a newbie in Linux, but I´m trying to solve some problems studying on my own, but I´ve had some problems with AWK. Look, I have one single backup log file per server and I want to make a daily delection from the last backup job to show in a intranet of my work. The log files are from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metalfreakbr
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email script when automatic backup is finsihed

Hello all, i'm still new to this site and thought i might find some help here :). lately i performed a script to make an automatic backup of some files in certain directories. the script looks something like this: #! /bin/bash ##############VARIABLES path=/export/home/cassi/Backup... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wizard_1979
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to take the backup of log basing on size

Hi All, I have a small doubt, there is one process which is writing the log file. That log file is getting overwritten every 5 hours. As i donot want to lose the data, i want to write a script which will check the max. file size defined for the file and take the backup of the file before... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saiki
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a Script - Parse the log backup

Hello all, I need a script to parse the backup logs. I am newbie to scripting, please help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep007
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture all error message in Log file and send the Log file by email

Hi I have a requirement to write a script to capture all errors in a Logfile and send the file in email. If there is any error occurred the subject of email will be ERROR , If there are no error occurred the subject of email will be SUCCESS. So I created a Log file and put the Appropriate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)