Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Failed dependencies
Operating Systems Linux Failed dependencies Post 302797779 by charli1 on Tuesday 23rd of April 2013 07:03:36 AM
Old 04-23-2013
Linux Failed dependencies

Hi all,
i'm trying to upgrade pandorafms to the new version 4.0.3-130118,
actually i have installed on my machine the version 3.0.0-8.1.el5,
the error i'm getting when trying to update its the following

Code:
rpm -Uvh pandorafms_agent_unix-4.0.3-130118.noarch.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
    rpmlib(PayloadIsLzma) <= 4.4.6-1 is needed by pandorafms_agent_unix-4.0.3-130118.noarch

i searched on web for this dependencies but now way to find it,

my server actually its this one
Code:
 uname -asnr
Linux hostname 2.6.16.60-0.21-xen #1 SMP Tue May 6 12:41:02 UTC 2008 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

any way on how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by charli1; 04-23-2013 at 08:30 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Failed dependencies of rpm / how does RPM check for ?

Hey, I've a problem installing a package. rpm -ivh brings the errors: libjvm.so is needed by libverify.so is needed by But I have installed the Java SDK like requested and the files are on the disk. But I have no idea how to find out, why rpm cann't find them. I have also... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mod
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cksum dependencies

Hi, On what factors does the cksum depend. If i build 2 machines exactly the same, then can i get the checksum of 2 compiled files same. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
3 Replies

3. Red Hat

RPM and dependencies OPENSSH

Hello Sorry, I am not to well versed in RHE and I am having some issues. I have doen a cursury look around and could not find an answer. I have 2 RHE4 servers. Both have old versions of OPENSSH along with , server, askpass, askpass-gnome, etc. I cannot upgrade to our new pkg release of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhenryj
8 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Help me | RT Installation and its dependencies

Hello everyone, This is my problem: I'm installing RT (Request Tracker) when I found the firsts difficulties with package that must be configured. I could resolve them :). The real problem are the missing dependencies. The command perl -MCPAN -e"install denpendency" resolved some missing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: journey
0 Replies

5. SuSE

RPM implicit dependencies

Hi, I'm having issues with implicit dependencies for my RPM package. This is the error I'm getting: error: Failed dependencies: libclntsh.so.11.1()(64bit) is needed by geomatica-10.4-0.x86_64 Our software has a dynamically loaded library which links to the Oracle's libclntsh.so.11.1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pneveu
2 Replies

6. SuSE

How to get RPM Dependencies/libs

Hi All, I wanted to install an rpm package on two suse 10 systems. It installed successfully on one system but on the other it throws an error like error: Failed dependencies: rpmlib(PayloadIsLzma) <= 4.4.2-1 is needed by linuxProj-1-1.noarch Now this means that rpnm... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirshah
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server dependencies

Hi, How can I discover server dependencies? For example, how do I find out what services depend on email? Is it with nmap? Thanks! :wall: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: greatmaple
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Failed dependencies loop forever

Hello All, I was trying to install one rpm and it failed due to missing dependencies, when I try to look at the dependencies and try to install them it is asking for 100+ dependencies, did any one ever face this problem? how can we fix this? rpm -ivh /var/tmp/erlang-R15B-02.1.el6.x86_64.rpm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

RPM failed dependencies

I'm trying to package the latest Oracle JDK (1.7.0_51) into an RPM. Packaging works fine but when i try to install via rpm -Uvh xxx.rpm, i get the following: #sudo rpm -ivh Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64.rpm error: Failed dependencies: libavcodec.so.52()(64bit) is needed by Sun_JDK7-1.7.0-51.x86_64... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asc123321
3 Replies

10. AIX

Dependencies errors

Hi guys when I'm trying to install some RPMs file I got this errors # rpm -ivh DSM-IBMAIXServer-7.2-796075.noarch.rpm error: failed dependencies: perl(Digest::MD5) is needed by DSM-IBMAIXServer-7.2-796075 perl(Exporter) is needed by DSM-IBMAIXServer-7.2-796075 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khaled_ly84
1 Replies
selinux-policy-upgrade(8)				      System Manager's Manual					 selinux-policy-upgrade(8)

NAME
selinux-policy-upgrade - upgrade the modules in the SE Linux policy database from a policy package SYNOPSIS
selinux-policy-upgrade DESCRIPTION
selinux-policy-upgrade this command will upgrade all policy modules (including the base modules) for to the versions that are under /usr/share/selinux/SELINUXTYPE SEE ALSO
selinux(8), sestatus(8), selinuxenabled(1), load_policy(8), semodule(8), postfix-nochroot(8), check-selinux-installation(8), selinux-con- fig-enforcing(8), http://wiki.debian.org/SELinux - More about SELinux Debian install, http://etbe.coker.com.au/tag/selinux/ - Russell's SE Linux blog posts. AUTHOR
This program and it's man page was written by Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Per- mission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-3. selinux-policy-upgrade(8)