Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple directory tree diff script Post 302781707 by alister on Sunday 17th of March 2013 01:48:32 PM
Old 03-17-2013
You don't need to use sed. Just cd and run each find command on the current working directory.
Code:
( cd /cygdrive/e/_test && find . > /tmp/e_test ) &
( cd /cygdrive/i/_test && find . > /tmp/i_test ) &

Or, it could just be done all in the same shell (which would be easier if you wanted to add error handling after each cd):
Code:
cd /cygdrive/e/_test
find . > /temp/e_test &
cd /cygdrive/i/_test
find . > /tmp/i_test &

Keep in mind that find is not guaranteed to return the members of a directory in any particular. Especially given the timestamp differences that you mentioned, if in just one directory a pair of subdirectories are visited in different order, diff will generate a LOT of noise even though the contents may be identical.

If that's an issue, sort the output of find and then use comm.

Regards,
Alister

Last edited by alister; 03-17-2013 at 02:57 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to alister For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

directory as tree

hi i have modified a program to display directory entries recursively in a tree like form i need an output with the following guidelines: the prog displays the contents of the directory the directory contents are sorted before printing so that directories come before regular files if an entry... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anything2
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

directory tree

Hi all, The following is a script for displaying directory tree. D=${1:-`pwd`} (cd $D; pwd) find $D -type d -print | sort | sed -e "s,^$D,,"\ -e "/^$/d"\ -e "s,*/\(*\)$,\:-----\1,"\ -e "s,*/,: ,g" | more exit 0 I am trying to understand the above script.But... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diff. Backup Script Using TAR. Should be simple.

I'm specifically trying to find help or insight on using the --incremental ('-G') option for creating a tar. Please resist the urge to tell me to use --listed-incremental ('-g') option. That's fairly well documented in the GNU tar manual. GNU tar 1.19 This is what the manual does say in section... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: protienplant
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move all files in a directory tree to a signal directory?

Is this possible? Let me know If I need specify further on what I am trying to do- I just want to spare you the boring details of my personal file management. Thanks in advance- Brian- (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie problem with simple script to create a directory

script is: dirname= "$(date +%b%d)_$(date +%H%M)" mkdir $dirname should create a directory named Nov4_ Instead I get the following returned: root@dchs-pint-001:/=>./test1 ./test1: Nov04_0736: not found. Usage: mkdir Directory ... root@dchs-pint-001:/=> TOO easy, but what am I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwfay
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

directory tree with directory size

find . -type d -print 2>/dev/null|awk '!/\.$/ {for (i=1;i<NF;i++){d=length($i);if ( d < 5 && i != 1 )d=5;printf("%"d"s","|")}print "---"$NF}' FS='/' Can someone explain how this works..?? How can i add directory size to be listed in the above command's output..?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy a tree of directory

Mi question is how can you copy only de three of directory and not the files in it. Only a need the three of directorys not the files (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: enkei17
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specific directory parsing in a directory tree

Hi friends, Hello again :) i got stuck in problem. Is there any way to get a special directory from directory tree? Here is my problm.." Suppose i have one fix directory structure "/abc/xyz/pqr/"(this will be fix).Under this directory structure i have some other directory and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harpal singh
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to build directory tree and files

Hi all, I'm trying at the moment to write a shell script to build a directory tree and create files within the built directories. I've scoured through sites and text books and I just can't figure out how to go about it. I would assume that I need to use loops of some sort, but I can't seem... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Libertad
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a script/command on all the directories in a directory tree?

How to run a script/command on all the directories in a directory tree? The below script is just for the files in a single directory, how to run it on all the directories in a directory tree? #!/bin/sh for audio_files in *.mp3 do outfile="${audio_files%.*}.aiff" sox "$audio_files"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: temp-usr
2 Replies
MLXCTL(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 MLXCTL(8)

NAME
mlxctl -- Mylex DAC960 family management utility SYNOPSIS
mlxctl [-f dev] [-v] [-a] status [drive] [...] mlxctl [-f dev] [-a] detach [drive] [...] mlxctl [-f dev] [-a] check [drive] [...] mlxctl [-f dev] rebuild channel:target mlxctl [-f dev] cstatus mlxctl [-f dev] rescan mlxctl [-f dev] config DESCRIPTION
The mlxctl utility performs status monitoring and management functions for Mylex DAC960 RAID controllers and attached devices. The following options are available: -a Apply the action to all drives attached to the controller. -f dev Specify the control device to use. The default is /dev/mlx0. -v Increased verbosity. The following commands are available: cstatus Display the controller's current status. status Display the status of the specified drives. This command returns 0 if all drives tested are online, 1 if one or more drives are critical and 2 if one or more are offline. rescan Re-scan the logical drive table, and attach or detach devices from the system as necessary. detach Detach the specified drives. Drives must be unmounted and unopened for this command to succeed. check Initiate a consistency check and repair pass on a drive that provides redundancy (e.g., RAID1 or RAID5). This command returns imme- diately. The status command can be used to monitor the progress of the check. rebuild Rebuild onto the specified physical drive. Note that there can be only one running rebuild operation per controller at any given time. This command returns immediately. The cstatus command can be used to monitor the progress of the rebuild. config Write the current system drive configuration to stdout. EXAMPLES
Display the status of drive ld3 attached to the controller mlx1: mlxctl -f /dev/mlx1 -v status ld3 SEE ALSO
ld(4), mlx(4) HISTORY
The mlxctl command first appeared in NetBSD 1.5.3, and was based on the mlxcontrol utility found in FreeBSD. BUGS
Modifying drive configuration is not yet supported. Some commands do not work with older firmware revisions. Error log extraction is not yet supported. BSD
April 10, 2000 BSD