Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with control flow in a Bash script Post 302771090 by DGPickett on Tuesday 19th of February 2013 03:49:28 PM
Old 02-19-2013
Yes, use " around variables so if missing there is an empty string to keep it legal.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to assign correct control flow?

how can i create a script with a correct control flow/loop(?) to provide output from 3 files? file1 one two three file2 yellow red orange file3 banana apples cantaloupes output file: one (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apalex
1 Replies

2. Programming

dilemma in control flow

hello im facing a queer problem when i execute the foll code in unix # include <stdio.h> # include <unistd.h> main(int argc,char *argv) { FILE *fp = fopen("/ras/chirag/fifotest/file.fifo","a"); int i=1; fprintf(fp,argv); printf("I SLEEP"); system("date"); for (i=0;i<50;i++)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tej.buch
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Disabling 802.3x flow control

I have a server I would like to disable 802.3x flow control on. The host is Linux (CentOS 4.4 x86_64 w/ 2.6.9-42.0.3.EL kernel,) and I'm using the ns83820 driver for the ethernet interface in question. I've tried looking at the driver parameters (modinfo ns83820) and using ethtool (ethtool -a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python script - control flow statements

Hi guys.I'm just beginner of python. I'm just trying to do some analysis on simple input file. it has 6 columns and i want to consider k,l and m,n if i and j are + after that checking which value is greater or lower in k,l and m,n I have included logic header just to explain what I was... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Flow Control in CSH

hi , I am new to scripting, i have a doubt can any one pls solve it for me the code is not working set users = (user1 user2 user3) echo The users are echo $users echo Enter the USER NAME set USER_NAME = $< set i = 1; for ( i = 1; i <= $#users; i++ ) if ( $USER_NAME == $users )... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manju87
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup script using Korn Flow Control

I am wiping off the dust to my shell scipting days and had this question: I have this script that I have created, and cannot figure out where my flow control issue is within this script. #!/bin/ksh #Basic script to backup server #Home directories to the external ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

EXPECT Bash Script Error Control

Hello Geeks once more, Thanks for all the help you have been rendering.. I have a script that depends on the output of an expect statement but sometimes the main script misbehaves which I believe is a result of SSH communication error, how can I apply an error control to know whether the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infinitydon
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Flow control state changed in server logs

Hi, We observe below logs from switch - the database servers rebooted becaause they couldn't do I/O on vfiler -Any pointers looking at below logs please? Switch logs: 2016 Apr 30 07:41:16.729 EAG-ECOM-POD111GPU-SWF1 %ETHPORT-5-IF_DOWN_LINK_FAILURE: Interface Ethernet152/1/8 is down (Link... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_db
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access a complete flow with CURL + bash shell

Hello Experts , I have an use case which needed your help . I have been using google for 2 days buy couldn`t succed , i believe i can get the help here. Here is my use case to run on bash shell 1. Access an URL -- in script , it will be mentioned as inputURL 2. Once i accessed the URL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radha254
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Access a complete flow with CURL + bash shell

Hello Experts , I have an use case which needed your help . I have been using google for 2 days buy couldn`t succed , i believe i can get the help here. Here is my use case to run on bash shell 1. Access an URL -- in script , it will be mentioned as inputURL 2. Once i accessed the URL... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radha254
5 Replies
SCRIPT-EMAIL(8) 					  System Administration Commands					   SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)

NAME
script-email - Amanda script to send email notifications DESCRIPTION
script-email is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It sends a notification email to the addresses specified in the MAILTO property. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control script-email's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. MAILTO List of email addresses that will receive an email on command execution. It is a multi-valued property: property "MAILTO" "amanda@domain.com" "sysadmin@domain.com" "amandauser@domain.com" EXAMPLE
In this example, script-email is scheduled to be run before the DLE, on the server. The unqualified email address amanda will be passed to the email system unchanged. The script is then attached to a dumptype, which can then be specified for any DLEs which require notification. define script-tool pre-email { comment "email me before this DLE is backed up" plugin "script-email" execute-on pre-dle-backup execute-where server property "mailto" "amanda" } define dumptype user-tar-email { user-tar script "pre-email" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)