Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merge the data from two servers into a single file Post 302763939 by DGPickett on Wednesday 30th of January 2013 05:15:49 PM
Old 01-30-2013
Three questions should be three chains! We're roaming!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get the data in a file into single string

Hello everyone ! I need to get the data in a file into a string. file1 1 2 3 4 5 I need to write a script where the file1 info is stored in a string (say variable s). So the output should be 1,2,3,4,5 or (1,2,3,4,5) If i say echo $s or print $s output should be 1,2,3,4,5 or ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: i.scientist
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two file data together based on specific pattern match

My input: File_1: 2000_t g1110.b1 abb.1 2001_t g1111.b1 abb.2 abb.2 g1112.b1 abb.3 2002_t . . File_2: 2000_t Ali england 135 abb.1 Zoe british 150 2001_t Ali england 305 g1111.b1 Lucy russia 126 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge rows in bid data file

Dear all, Please help me ,,,, if I have input file like this A_AA960715 leucine-rich repeat-containing protein GO:0006952 defense response P A_AA960715 leucine-rich repeat-containing protein GO:0008152 metabolic process P A_AA960715 leucine-rich... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AAWT
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help combining txt files w/ multiple lines into csv single cell - also need data merge

:confused:Hello -- i just joined the forums. I am a complete noob -- only about 1 week into learning how to program anything... and starting with linux. I am working in Linux terminal. I have a folder with a bunch of txt files. Each file has several lines of html code. I want to combine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jetsetter
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to Merge contents of 2 different excel files in a single excel file

All, I have an excel sheet Excel1.xls that has some entries. I have one more excel sheet Excel2.xls that has entries only in those cells which are blank in Excel1.xls These may be in different workbooks. They are totally independent made by 2 different users. I have placed them in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anamika08
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge two .doc files from different servers.?

Folks, I would like to know how to merge two .doc files from different servers. For example, df -h > host1.doc --> from host1 df -h > host2.doc --> from host2 Now i want to merge these different server details into single .doc file. Pls let me know, if any questions... Regards,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge the multiple data files as a single file?

Hi Experts, I have created multiple scripts and send the output to new file, getting this output to my mailbox on daily basis. I would like to send the all outputs to a single file, need to merge all file outputs on a single file. For example, Created script for df -h > df.doc grep... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: seenuvasan1985
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge variable data from another file into specific place?

Hello, I'm trying to create multiple commands using a variable input from another file but am not getting any successful results. Basically, file1.txt contains multiple lines with single words: <file1.txt> yellow blue black white I want to create multiple echo commands with these... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to merge fields in a single file using awk ?

Hi, From a file, using: awk -F" " '{ if (NF == 6) print $1, $2, $3, $4, $5, $6; if (NF == 5) print $1, $2, $3, $4, $5; }' i printed out the required output. But i'm trying to merge the columns. Please look at the desired output. Any suggestions? Thanks Output: 00015 PSA1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: web2moha
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge data in lines from same file

Need help figuring out how to merge data from a file. I have a large txt file with some data that needs to be merged from separate lines into one line. Doug.G|3/12/2011|817-555-5555|Portland Doug.G|3/12/2011|817-555-5522|Portland Steve.F|1/11/2007|817-555-5111|Portland... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdubu2
5 Replies
PIDOF(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual						  PIDOF(8)

NAME
pidof -- find the process ID of a running program. SYNOPSIS
pidof [-s] [-c] [-n] [-x] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]..] program [program..] DESCRIPTION
Pidof finds the process id's (pids) of the named programs. It prints those id's on the standard output. This program is on some systems used in run-level change scripts, especially when the system has a System-V like rc structure. In that case these scripts are located in /etc/rc?.d, where ? is the runlevel. If the system has a start-stop-daemon (8) program that should be used instead. OPTIONS
-s Single shot - this instructs the program to only return one pid. -c Only return process ids that are running with the same root directory. This option is ignored for non-root users, as they will be unable to check the current root directory of processes they do not own. -n Avoid stat(2) system function call on all binaries which are located on network based file systems like NFS. Instead of using this option the the variable PIDOF_NETFS may be set and exported. -x Scripts too - this causes the program to also return process id's of shells running the named scripts. -o omitpid Tells pidof to omit processes with that process id. The special pid %PPID can be used to name the parent process of the pidof pro- gram, in other words the calling shell or shell script. EXIT STATUS
0 At least one program was found with the requested name. 1 No program was found with the requested name. NOTES
pidof is actually the same program as killall5; the program behaves according to the name under which it is called. When pidof is invoked with a full pathname to the program it should find the pid of, it is reasonably safe. Otherwise it is possible that it returns pids of running programs that happen to have the same name as the program you're after but are actually other programs. Note that that the executable name of running processes is calculated with readlink(2), so symbolic links to executables will also match. SEE ALSO
shutdown(8), init(8), halt(8), reboot(8), killall5(8) AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl 01 Sep 1998 PIDOF(8)