Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed print all lines between second and third identical lines Post 302736527 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 27th of November 2012 12:15:05 PM
Old 11-27-2012
Hi the first line does not work with mawk since mawk does not support the braced repetition operator {..}. The last line uses the simple repetition operator + which means 1 or more. So this extended regular expression means a plus-sign \+ followed by one or more minus-signs -+ followed by a plus-sign \+..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace 2 identical strings on different lines

I am looking to replace two or more strings on different lines using sed, but not with the same variable. IE # cat xxx.file <abc> abc def ghi abc def ghi abc def ghi currently I can only change each line with the same pattern: # sed -e '/<abc>/!s/abc\(.*\)/jkl mno/' xxx.file abc jkl mno... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prkfriryce
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore identical lines

Hello Experts, I have two files called "old" and "new". My old file contains 10 lines and my new file contains 10 + "n" lines. The first field in both these files contain ID. I sort these two files on ID. I am interested in only the lines that are in the new file and not in old. I tried... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forumthreads
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed syntax to print lines that do not end with )}

I must admit I am relativly new to sed, and I am trying to make a simple sed query to search log files and return multiple variables from multiple logs. So far I have had success, but one problem remains: Alot of lines in the log files wrap onto multiple lines and are not being returned as... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: demanche
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

read file-print lines in sed

Hello! Im trying to read file contents. Then, print out every line that has "/bens/here" in the file that was read. cat /my/file.now | sed '/bens/here/p' I keep getting the error asking if I need to predeclare sed? What does predeclaring sed mean? Thanks! Ben (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
2 Replies

5. Solaris

sed command to print lines after expression

Hi guys. I need a sed command to print like 10 lines after a regular expression is found in the log. Can anyone help me out. Thanks ---------- Post updated at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:34 AM ---------- never mind. I just did the search bewteen two expressions. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamie_collins
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

print lines AFTER lines cointaining a regexp (or print every first and fourth line)

Hi all, This should be very easy but I can't figure it out... I have a file that looks like this: @SRR057408.1 FW8Y5CK02R652T length=34 AGCAGTGGTATCAACGCAGAGTAAGCAGTGGTAT +SRR057408.1 FW8Y5CK02R652T length=34 FIIHFF6666?=:88@@@BBD:::?@ABBAAA>8 @SRR057408.2 FW8Y5CK02TBMHV length=52... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmkocot
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

more than 10 identical lines

I have a file that looks like this 10 user1s, 5 user2s and 10 users3. 10.10.1.1 user1 10.10.1.1 user1 10.10.1.1 user1 10.10.1.1 user1 10.10.1.1 user1 10.10.1.1 user1 10.10.1.1 user1 10.10.1.1 user1 10.10.1.1 user1 10.10.1.1 user1 10.10.1.2 user2 10.10.1.2 user2 10.10.1.2 user2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawsongeek
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use sed to print first n lines and last n lines of an output.

Use sed to print first n lines and last n lines of an output. For example: n=10 Can it be done? Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: carloszhang
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to delete identical lines while leaving one undeleted?

Hi, I have a file as follows. file1 Hello Hi His Hi Hi Hungry hi so I want to delete identical lines while leaving one of them undeleted. So desired output will be Hello Hi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginner_99
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk - If field value of consecutive records are the identical print portion of lines

I have some data that looks like this: PXD= ZW< 1,6 QR> QRJ== 1,2(5) QR> QRJ== 4,1(2) QR> QRJ== 4,2 QRB= QRB 4,2 QWM QWM 6,2 R<C ZW< 11,2 R<H= R<J= 6,1 R>H XZJ= 1,2(2) R>H XZJ= 2,6(2) R>H XZJ= 4,1(2) R>H XZJ= 6,2 RDP RDP 1,2 What I would like to do is if fields $1 and $2 are... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
5 Replies
mysqlaccess(1)							  MySQL database						    mysqlaccess(1)

NAME
mysqlaccess-Createnewuserstomysql. USAGE
mysqlaccess [host [user [db]]] OPTIONS SYNOPSIS
mysqlaccess [-?|--help] [-v|--version] [-p|--password=#] [-h|--host=#] [-d|--db=#] [-U|--superuser=#] [-P|--spassword=#] [-H|--rhost=#] [--old_server] [-b|--brief] [-t|--table] [--relnotes] [--plan] [--howto] [--debug=N] [--copy] [--preview] [--commit] [--rollback] DESCRIPTION
-?|--help display this helpscreen and exit -v|--version print information on the program `mysqlaccess' -u|--user=# username for logging in to the db -p|--password=# validate password for user -h|--host=# name or IP-number of the host -d|--db=# name of the database -U|--superuser=# connect as superuser -P|--spassword=# password for superuser -H|--rhost=# remote MySQL-server to connect to --old_server connect to old MySQL-server (before v3.21) which does not yet know how to handle full where clauses. -b|--brief single-line tabular report -t|--table report in table-format --relnotes print release-notes --plan print suggestions/ideas for future releases --howto some examples of how to run `mysqlaccess' --debug=N enter debuglevel N (0..3) --copy reload temporary grant-tables from original ones --preview show differences in privileges after making changes in (temporary) grant-tables --commit copy grant-rules from temporary tables to grant-tables (!don't forget to do an mysqladmin reload) --rollback undo the last changes to the grant-tables. NOTE
At least the user and the db must be given (even with wildcards) If no host is given, `localhost' is assumed Wildcards (*,?,%,_) are allowed for host, user and db, but be sure to escape them from your shell!! (i.e., type * or '*') SEE ALSO
isamchk(1), isamlog(1), mysql(1), mysqladmin(1), mysqld(1), mysqld_multi(1), mysqld_safe(1), mysqldump(1), mysql_fix_privilege_tables(1), mysqlshow(1), mysql_zap(1), perror(1), replace(1) For more information please refer to the MySQL reference manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/ BUGS
Please refer to http://bugs.mysql.com/ to report bugs. AUTHOR
Ver 1.0, distribution 4.0.24 Michael (Monty) Widenius (monty@mysql.com), MySQL AB (http://www.mysql.com/). This software comes with no warranty. Manual page by L. (Kill-9) Pedersen (kill-9@kill-9.dk), Mercurmedia Data Model Architect / system developer (http://www.mercur- media.com) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Availability | SUNWmysqlr, SUNWmysqlu, SUNWmysqlt | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability | External | +--------------------+------------------------------------+ NOTES
Source for mysql is available on http://opensolaris.org. MySQL 4.0 19 December 2000 mysqlaccess(1)