Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers little problem of file redirection (awk) Post 302707041 by beca123456 on Thursday 27th of September 2012 11:38:42 PM
Old 09-28-2012
Whoops sorry, in the code I meant "for_later.txt" (I corrected the code). There is no .tab file
Quote:
The file "for_later.txt" looks perfectly fine:

Code:
book # 001|1|America
book # 002|56|Asia
book # 003|38|Europe

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirection Problem

I was simply trying to redirect some output in a log file but it foxed me. truss a.out > log It gave only the output of the a.out which was only a simple print "Hello" Then I tried truss a.out 2&1>a echo `truss a.out` > a All failed. What am i missing. Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirection problem

Hello Experts, I am facing the following problem .. >cat my_file prints initial begin StartSim; LDR(on); // Lock Detect Enable But when I trying the same with the following command it shows me all the line in the same line.Like ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk two file redirection

Hi, i use awk -F to print three variable delimited by comma $1 $2 $3 if $2=="" i want to extract this information missing from another file using awk -v + some process. but the problem i can't use the two awk together cause of redirection there's a solution. note: i can't use another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

file redirection problem

my querry is suppose i have duplicate std i/p with FD-3 --exec 0<&3 now redirected std i/p to a file ----exec 0<file1 suppose i am reading the file line by line --while read LINE cutting some fields and comparing it with a variable and if a match is found ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobydick
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirection problem

hi i want a solution for the fallowing: i am redirecting output from bash script in which we are running background commands like ./test.sh contains ls -l & ps when we do as ./test.sh 1> test.txt 2>&1 but test.txt not containing output as ls -l and ps. it showing ls -l, ps and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indianwomen
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print redirection to variable file name

Hello, i need to redirect the output of print to a variable file name: #This is normal awk '{ print $17 > "output.txt" }' input #I need something like this awk '{ print $17 > "output_${25}.txt" }' input how to format the output file name to contain a variable? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nazeeb
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output redirection to file

I have a system stat command running which generates data after 5 sec or so. I pass this data to awk and do some calculation to present the data differently. Once done now I want to pass this data to file as and when generated but doesn't work..unless the first command completes successfully.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnscript
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem of redirection with <<! ... !)

Hi, I have to migrate Korn Shell who call Sybase command into Oracle Command. I have a problem on this example : DATNUM=$( sqlplus -S SA/SASASA@MIGGVDEV <<! SET FEEDBACK OFF; SET HEADING OFF; select sybase_utilities.datediff('DAY', '01/01/1900', '01/01/2000') from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: buzzy1804
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with file redirection in while

I've got a problem with file redirection in bash, in loop while (in my script done < bufor.txt). In every consecutive iteration there's a possibility that to the bufor.txt will be added some lines. Unfortunately, in loop, added lines are ignored (for example: bufor.txt has 5 lines, in 3rd iteration... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kk9
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk file redirection issue

So I'm writing a script which tries to parse human-readable addresses. Part of it is this: print $2, implode(A,1,AN," "), CITY, PROV, POST, COUNTRY, CITYCOUNT>2; CITYCOUNT is a variable between 0 and 3 counting the number of words in a city name. I'm trying to prnt 1 wherever that's greater... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
5 Replies
GLAURUNG(6)															       GLAURUNG(6)

NAME
glaurung - free UCI chess engine, to calculate chess moves SYNOPSIS
glaurung DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the glaurung command. glaurung is an UCI chess engine, to calculate chess moves Opening book This version of Glaurung has experimental support for PolyGlot opening books. For information about how to create such books, consult the PolyGlot documentation. Currently, Glaurung requires that the book file is named book.bin and is placed in Glaurungs working directory. More than one CPU Beginning with version 2-epsilon/3, Glaurung has support for up to four CPUs. Because the program currently cannot automatically detect the number of CPUs on your computer, it uses only a single search thread by default. If your computer has two or more CPUs (this includes dual-core CPUs like the Intel Core Duo or the AMD Athlon 64 X2), you should set the "Threads" UCI parameter to the number of CPUs to obtain optimal performance. OPTIONS
This program does NOT follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes. SEE ALSO
Communication with UCI commands is documented by "The UCI Communication Protocol" in /usr/share/doc/glaurung/engine-interface.txt. AUTHOR
glaurung was written by <Romstad Tord <tord@glaurungchess.com>>. This manual page was written by Oliver Korff <ok@xynyx.de>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Juli 9, 2007 GLAURUNG(6)