Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Output with horizontal formats Post 302697355 by msabhi on Thursday 6th of September 2012 03:42:39 PM
Old 09-06-2012
Save the output of your command into file named "tmp7" and run the below perl code

Code:
#! /bin/perl

open(FH,"< tmp7") || die "couldnt open the file tmp7";
$flag=0;
while(<FH>){
if($_=~/^$/){
if($flag==0){
for($i=0;$i<$#array;$i=$i+2){
printf("%s  ",$array[$i]);
}
printf(" I/O Paths Mode  State");
$flag=1;
print "\n";
}
for($i=1;$i<=$#array;$i=$i+2){
printf("%s ",$array[$i]);
}
$chr=sprintf("-"x55);
printf("%25s \n%s%s",$y,$chr,$x);
print "\n";
$#array=-1;
}
if($_=~/^[A-Z]+/){
chomp($_);
@array=(@array,split(/=/));
}
if($_=~/state=(\S+);/){
@array=(@array,state,"              $1");
}
if($_=~/^\s+/){
@fields=split(/\s+/);
$y=$x;
$x="$fields[3] $fields[6] $fields[7]";
}
}

close(FH);

Last edited by msabhi; 09-06-2012 at 05:29 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to msabhi For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vi horizontal scrolling

I have to look through logfiles where lines are several hundred characters long and if I open the log in Vi it automatically word wraps the line. In Vim you can use the -nowrap option to stop this, but how can you do this in Vi? I ask because I don't want to see the whole line, just the first few... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupweb
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

date formats

Hi, I want to generate file name in the following date format, "YYYYMMDDHHHHMISS" plz. help me how to do that? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshad.katruwa
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Date Formats

Hi, Following are the results of various date formats: 1. date +%h" "%d Result: Jun 02 2. date Result: Tue Jun 2 09:59:15 CDT 2009 If i use the date format as date +%h%d then i am getting the date as 02. I want the day to be displayed as "2" instead of "02". so my result should... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting isql output to horizontal format

Hi I am formatting informix isql output(vertical) to horizontal format. Suppose I have the following content in the flat file from isql output - item_nbr 0 usfn_label Subscriber Class usfn_name SBCLASS usfn_value bl5 item_nbr 1 usfn_label Switch Name usfn_name switchName... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsinha
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Horizontal to vertical

Hi, Silly question, if I have an excel file that looks something like this: ................. Subject 1 Subject 2 Subject 3 Subject 4 Fever..............13...........9.............23..........14 Headache.........2............12...........18..........23... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files in different formats and get output

File A: DATAFILE TABLESPACE ------------------------- ------------------------- /dev/rprod_0032_011 D_EEM /dev/rprod_0032_012 D_ESO_REF ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vertical to horizontal

dear all, i'm new to unix and i try to figure out the best case for making list of vertical text to become horizontal and skip the line 1 and 2. example text : Data DATE XXXXX MAX 47 53 49 51 48 48 7 46 51 8 25 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrisetia
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i do the vertical to horizontal??

51009 8746 8912 17986 20315 24998 5368 38934 7805 8566 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help! output format from vertical to horizontal

Hi All, please help to achieve the desired output Example: I have a file which contains the below data empname robert empid 787 design consultant empname alex empid 898 design advocate Desired output should be empname empid design robert 787 consultant (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocky2013
19 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python Output Displaying Horizontal

I feel bad for posting so much lately. I've just been working on a project for fun to force myself to learn Python better. Recently I decided to incorporate this ping.py script on github found here. I'm not going to bore you with all the changes I made, but the problem now lies in this function... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
8 Replies
vmsish(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					       vmsish(3pm)

NAME
vmsish - Perl pragma to control VMS-specific language features SYNOPSIS
use vmsish; use vmsish 'status'; # or '$?' use vmsish 'exit'; use vmsish 'time'; use vmsish 'hushed'; no vmsish 'hushed'; vmsish::hushed($hush); use vmsish; no vmsish 'time'; DESCRIPTION
If no import list is supplied, all possible VMS-specific features are assumed. Currently, there are four VMS-specific features available: 'status' (a.k.a '$?'), 'exit', 'time' and 'hushed'. If you're not running VMS, this module does nothing. "vmsish status" This makes $? and "system" return the native VMS exit status instead of emulating the POSIX exit status. "vmsish exit" This makes "exit 1" produce a successful exit (with status SS$_NORMAL), instead of emulating UNIX exit(), which considers "exit 1" to indicate an error. As with the CRTL's exit() function, "exit 0" is also mapped to an exit status of SS$_NORMAL, and any other argu- ment to exit() is used directly as Perl's exit status. "vmsish time" This makes all times relative to the local time zone, instead of the default of Universal Time (a.k.a Greenwich Mean Time, or GMT). "vmsish hushed" This suppresses printing of VMS status messages to SYS$OUTPUT and SYS$ERROR if Perl terminates with an error status. and allows pro- grams that are expecting "unix-style" Perl to avoid having to parse VMS error messages. It does not supress any messages from Perl itself, just the messages generated by DCL after Perl exits. The DCL symbol $STATUS will still have the termination status, but with a high-order bit set: EXAMPLE: $ perl -e"exit 44;" Non-hushed error exit %SYSTEM-F-ABORT, abort DCL message $ show sym $STATUS $STATUS == "%X0000002C" $ perl -e"use vmsish qw(hushed); exit 44;" Hushed error exit $ show sym $STATUS $STATUS == "%X1000002C" The 'hushed' flag has a global scope during compilation: the exit() or die() commands that are compiled after 'vmsish hushed' will be hushed when they are executed. Doing a "no vmsish 'hushed'" turns off the hushed flag. The status of the hushed flag also affects output of VMS error messages from compilation errors. Again, you still get the Perl error message (and the code in $STATUS) EXAMPLE: use vmsish 'hushed'; # turn on hushed flag use Carp; # Carp compiled hushed exit 44; # will be hushed croak('I die'); # will be hushed no vmsish 'hushed'; # turn off hushed flag exit 44; # will not be hushed croak('I die2'): # WILL be hushed, croak was compiled hushed You can also control the 'hushed' flag at run-time, using the built-in routine vmsish::hushed(). Without argument, it returns the hushed status. Since vmsish::hushed is built-in, you do not need to "use vmsish" to call it. EXAMPLE: if ($quiet_exit) { vmsish::hushed(1); } print "Sssshhhh...I'm hushed... " if vmsish::hushed(); exit 44; Note that an exit() or die() that is compiled 'hushed' because of "use vmsish" is not un-hushed by calling vmsish::hushed(0) at run- time. The messages from error exits from inside the Perl core are generally more serious, and are not supressed. See "Pragmatic Modules" in perlmod. perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 vmsish(3pm)