Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris need to safely reboot to cdrom Post 302695153 by lcoreyl on Saturday 1st of September 2012 05:05:51 PM
Old 09-01-2012
stumped?

Is there really not any way to do this?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

different between soft reboot and hard reboot

Hi Guru's Can any want here could explain to me the different between soft reboot and hard reboot . Best Regards Seelan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: seelan3
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can I safely kill vdump?

Sceduled backups with vdump have been delayed as a mounted system had crashed while I was away for 2 weeks. Now there are 5 simultaneous vdumps running very slowly. The full system backup usually takes a whole weekend. Can I safely kill these? (I will have to live without a backup untill next... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickt
4 Replies

3. AIX

How to Safely delete oracle db datafiles in AIX?

We have an oracle Database on AIX box. We want to delete the database safely. How can scrubb the datafile prior to delete on AIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to safely rm/mv files/directory

Hi all, Am writing a script that does a rm/mv if a file exist, however, in one scenario, one of the variables which is supposed to a variable for a directory is undefined/blank so instead of the variable resolving to /tmp/logfile.dmp, it resolves instead to / so the rm translates to a rm /... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to remove soft link safely

Greetings, I need some help performing a system admin function that I have been tasked with. The request seems simple enough, but my feeling is that it might be more complicated than it seems. Here is what i've been tasked with: SunOS 5.10 Generic_142900-15 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Safely parsing parameters

I have a string like root=/dev/sda3 noacpi foo "Baz mumble" which I would like to separate into tokens like a shell does. This would be easily done with eval but that would open a security hole big enough to drop a cow through, injecting arbitrary code would be easy as pie. How can I parse this... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
15 Replies

7. Red Hat

Can all files under /tmp be safely removed

I wanted to know whether all files under /tmp can be safely removed. I guess that /tmp may also have temporary files for applications currently being worked on, so at the most those applications may just shut down. I hope that my question is clear whether all files under /tmp can be safely... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to maintain a personal password file 'safely'?

Hi all, As time progresses, the number of servers that I have to login to has grown to the hundreds. Some of the servers has NIS so I can use one single password for this group of servers. The hard part comes to when you have 20+ other servers that now require different passwords and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Safely Remove Files with Special Chars

Hey Guys, I'm swamped writing code for the forums: Could someone write a script or command line to safely delete files with special chars in filenames from a directory: Example: -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 148 Apr 30 23:00 ?xA?? -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 148... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies
SDL_CDPlayTracks(3)						 SDL API Reference					       SDL_CDPlayTracks(3)

NAME
SDL_CDPlayTracks - Play the given CD track(s) SYNOPSIS
#include "SDL.h" int SDL_CDPlayTracks(SDL_CD *cdrom, int start_track, int start_frame, int ntracks, int nframes)); DESCRIPTION
SDL_CDPlayTracks plays the given CD starting at track start_track, for ntracks tracks. start_frame is the frame offset, from the beginning of the start_track, at which to start. nframes is the frame offset, from the beginning of the last track (start_track+ntracks), at which to end playing. SDL_CDPlayTracks should only be called after calling SDL_CDStatus to get track information about the CD. Note: Data tracks are ignored. RETURN VALUE
Returns 0, or -1 if there was an error. EXAMPLES
/* assuming cdrom is a previously opened device */ /* Play the entire CD */ if(CD_INDRIVE(SDL_CDStatus(cdrom))) SDL_CDPlayTracks(cdrom, 0, 0, 0, 0); /* Play the first track */ if(CD_INDRIVE(SDL_CDStatus(cdrom))) SDL_CDPlayTracks(cdrom, 0, 0, 1, 0); /* Play first 15 seconds of the 2nd track */ if(CD_INDRIVE(SDL_CDStatus(cdrom))) SDL_CDPlayTracks(cdrom, 1, 0, 0, CD_FPS*15); SEE ALSO
SDL_CDPlay, SDL_CDStatus, SDL_CD SDL
Tue 11 Sep 2001, 22:58 SDL_CDPlayTracks(3)