Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help in modification of code
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help in modification of code Post 302692665 by learnbash on Tuesday 28th of August 2012 03:36:40 AM
Old 08-28-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by guruprasadpr
Hi

Code:
for BLOCK in /sys/block/myblock[a-z]*

Guru
Will above code run on below? Only characters are there no special characters and no numbers are there.

/sys/block/myblockaa
/sys/block/myblockbb
/sys/block/myblockdc
/sys/block/myblockabcd

Same if i use for another code, is below line correct?

Code:
 for BLOCK in /dev/myblock[a-z]

Last edited by learnbash; 08-28-2012 at 04:43 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Swap modification

How can i modify (expand) the swap memory (Sco Enterprise 5.0.5) using the swap command...? The excisting swap is 512 and i want to increase it to 1024...? Thanx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychofredy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File modification

Dear all, i have a file which contains this lines. 0-0 CC=1 0-01 0-011 0-0111 0-01110 F=500 CC=1 L=15 M=5 TRD=3948... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: panknil
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

ifconfig modification

Hi all,,i have problem with my homework form my lecture.. He is give me a homework to create: ifconfig eth0 0.255.255.255 1.1.168.192 my lecture says, i can making the shell scripting to finish my homework.. i have question, can setting ifconfig like in the upper? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: demhyt
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a modification on this script

Hi All I have files contains rows which look like this: 2 20090721_16:58:47.173 JSUD2 JD1M1 20 IAM 966591835270 249918113182 b 3610 ACM b 3614 ACM b 3713 CPG b 3717 CPG f 5799 REL b 5815 RLC b 5817 RLC :COMMA: NCI=00,FCI=6101,CPC=0A,TMR=00,OFI=00,USI: :COMMB: BCI=1234: :RELCAUSE:10: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zanetti321
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modification of Two Files

I have a script that produces two output files each containing the same number of lines <file1.txt> and <file2.txt>. What I need to do is combine both files into a new file <file3.txt> where line 1 of <file1.txt> is put to the right (and on the same line) as line 1 of <file2.txt> and then the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: theref
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with file modification

Hi, I have a file test.txt . The contain of the file is as below : 365798~SAPUS~PR5~0000799005~ADM CHARG MEDCAL INS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SLAC480 I want to modify this file. And file contain loking like "365798"~"SAPUS"~"PR5"~"0000799005"~"ADM CHARG MEDCAL... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for File Modification

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt. cat abcd.txt output is as follows : "aa"~"bb"~"001"~""~""~"cc" "dd"~"005"~"" ~""~"kk"~"aa"~"00 8"~""~""~ I want the output looking like: cat abcd.txt "aa"~"bb"~"001"~""~""~ "cc""dd"~"005"~""~""~ "kk"~"aa"~"008"~""~""~ I have a script. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk modification

I need help modifying the code below. DATAFILE is a log file. I have two strings i need to search for in the log file. The two strings are: 1. ERROR 2. com.rolander.promotions.client awk 'BEGIN { while((getline < "'${SFILE}'")>0) S FS="\n"; RS="\n" } (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modification in script

Hi, I have below script, i want to monitor that that ntp server listed in setting is under sync or not. I wrote below script but it is not working properly. Here are problems, first it should server under sync if "*" shows and rest if shows "+" it means it is next server in waiting list.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

cp modification

I'm usia Raspbian, a Debian subset, and wondering what work would be involved in altering the cp command. cp at present needs a full path and file name for source and at least full filename for destination. How can I change this so the second parameter isn't needed? So if the destination... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuntyScrunt
6 Replies
strategy(9E)							Driver Entry Points						      strategy(9E)

NAME
strategy - perform block I/O SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/buf.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> int prefixstrategy(struct buf *bp); INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI). This entry point is required for block devices. PARAMETERS
bp Pointer to the buf(9S) structure. DESCRIPTION
The strategy() routine is called indirectly (through cb_ops(9S)) by the kernel to read and write blocks of data on the block device. strat- egy() may also be called directly or indirectly to support the raw character interface of a block device (read(9E), write(9E) and ioctl(9E)). The strategy() routine's responsibility is to set up and initiate the transfer. In general, strategy() should not block. It can, however, perform a kmem_cache_alloc(9F) with both the KM_PUSHPAGE and KM_SLEEP flags set, which might block, without causing deadlock in low memory situations. RETURN VALUES
The strategy() function must return 0. On an error condition, it should call bioerror(9f) to set b_flags to the proper error code, and call biodone(9f). Note that a partial transfer is not considered to be an error. SEE ALSO
ioctl(9E), read(9E), write(9E), biodone(9F), bioerror(9F), buf(9S), cb_ops(9S), kmem_cache_alloc(9F) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.10 6 Nov 2003 strategy(9E)