Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers unusual problem with cp command Post 302690015 by Devesh5683 on Wednesday 22nd of August 2012 11:06:22 AM
Old 08-22-2012
Vbe I will code tags from next time, thanks for reminding.

Below is OS details:
Linux pb3n1 2.6.18-194.el5 #1 SMP Tue Mar 16 21:52:39 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Disk usage is around 75% to 85%

The directory where the script is copying the file is further read by another script which ftp the file from that directory . I have added chmod 666 before cp command but I am not sure how to tackle => sometimes file with zero size is getting copy to the destination directory while mv command output file have non-zero size.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

somewhat unusual top output problem

i'm a relative newbie to unix (i'm on OSX) and i have a specific problem i'm tripped up on: i'm piping the output of top (in log format) into an awk command which formats the information (and eventually will send it out continuously via udp/osc to another app). my problem is with what comes up... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ohhmyhead
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unusual function refrences

I'm wrting a program which needs to get the following information of a sever by calling some lib fuctions or system calls, so can anybody help to tell me those function names or where I can find the description of them ? CPU usage Memory usage Load procs per min Swap usage Page I/O Net I/O... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xbjxbj
1 Replies

3. Programming

unusual function refrences

I'm wrting a program which needs to get the following information of a sever by calling some lib fuctions or system calls, so can anybody help to tell me those function names or where I can find the description of them ? CPU usage Memory usage Load procs per min Swap usage Page I/O ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: xbjxbj
11 Replies

4. Solaris

pleaseee help with unusual crontab problem

Helllo folks... I tryed to edit crontab and I have this problem when I do crontab -l it shows my crontab correctly and if I do crontab -e I get this. baafh-99.03# baafh-99.03# crontab -e 1063 ? ? ? ? ? and that is all ...:( I have to type "q" and hit enter and I am back... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amon
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

very unusual question about while

is there anyway to make while run a command faster than per second? timed=60 while do command sleep 1 done i need something that can run a script for me more than one time in one second. can someone help me out here? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Terrible
3 Replies

6. Programming

C Calender Help - Unusual error

I'm making a program that you input the month and year, and it creates a calender for that month of that year. This is my largest project yet, and I broke it up into several source files. cal.c #include "cal.h" #include <stdio.h> main() { int month, year; scanf("%d %d", &month,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Octal
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unusual NFS mount problem on only ONE client: Red Hat WS Rel 3

This is an unusual situation where I have an NFS server currently serving out MULTIPLE clients over several variants of Linux and UNIX successfully (world permissions) except for a SINGLE client. Even the other Linux (SuSE) clients in the same room are mounting successfully with defaults without... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: neelpert1
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unusual Problem

what is wrong with the below script: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/bash echo "Setting JrePath..." grep -w "export JrePath" /etc/profile Export_Status=$? if echo "JrePath declared" elif echo "JrePath not declared" echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

9. HP-UX

Unusual Behavior?

Our comp-operator has come across a peculiar ‘feature'. We have this directory where we save all the reports that were generated for a particular department for only one calendar year. Currently there are 45,869 files. When the operator tried to backup that drive it started to print a flie-listing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vslewis
3 Replies
gvfs-monitor-dir(1)						   User Commands					       gvfs-monitor-dir(1)

NAME
gvfs-monitor-dir - monitor the change of a directory content using the VFS system SYNOPSIS
gvfs-monitor-dir URI DESCRIPTION
gvfs-monitor-dir monitors the change content of a directory using the VFS system. If anything changes inside the directory, gvfs-monitor- dir will print a message informing of the event. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: URI Specifies the directory location in standard URI format. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Monitor a local directory example% gvfs-monitor-dir file:///tmp/example ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gvfs-monitor-dir Executable to monitor the change content of a directory using the VFS system. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-gvfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gvfs-copy(1), gvfs-info(1), gvfs-less(1), gvfs-ls(1), gvfs-mkdir(1) gvfs-cat(1), gvfs-monitor-file(1), gvfs-mount(1), gvfs-move(1), gvfs- rename(1), gvfs-open(1), gvfs-rm(1), gvfs-save(1), gvfs-trash(1), gvfs-tree(1), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
Written by Alvaro Lopez Ortega, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 25 Mar 2008 gvfs-monitor-dir(1)