Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Getting directories resulted from Find in one file Post 302688235 by alister on Saturday 18th of August 2012 10:26:52 AM
Old 08-18-2012
Assuming every user.lst file in the hierarchy rooted at /tmp/a is desired:
Code:
find /tmp/a -name user.lst -exec awk 'FNR==1 {p=FILENAME; sub("/[^/]*$", "", p)} {print $0,p}' {} + > new_user.lst

Regards,
Alister

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

to find a file in set of directories

Hi, what is the command in unix to find a file abc.c in a directory which had n number of sub-directories. thanx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a file in sub-directories.. o/p just the path

Hello All, I am somehow stumped with this ting. 'Find' will sure show me.. but I want only thepath of all the occurences of the file in any of the sub-dirs.. Any help will be sincerely appreciated. thanx! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find directories

I am looking a script which will find garbase directories (10 char. long)..which need to delete empty dir excluding symlink and system directories. I tried this partial script but it just find directories create a file which contains link directories..can somebody help me to complete this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddk2oo5
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find directories that do NOT contain a certain file extension

for x in `find /vmfs/volumes/v01tstn01a01/ -type d`; do find $x -name '*.vmx' > /dev/null || echo $x; done; The goal of this is to find the subdirectories that do NOT contain a file with the extension of .vmx Any help would be great! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hodnov
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Directories That Do Not Contain A Certain File

I'm having problems figuring out the process to find directories that DO NOT contain a certain file. I have a mp3 collection that all the album art is name "folder.jpg". Not all the albums have images. I need a way to find the albums/directories that do not contain "folder.jpg". I can find the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: subsonic
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the recent file in many sub-directories?

Hi guys, Under my root directory there are many sub-directories which contains log file for every day of running. How can I find , in one command only, the recent log file in each sub-directory? For example, If I run the following: find . -name "exp_prod_*_*_yes_*_.log" -exec ls -ltr {} \;... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find 777 permisson is there or not for Directories and sub-directories

Hi All, I am Oracle Apps Tech guy, I have a requirement to find 777 permission is there or not for all Folders and Sub-folders Under APPL_TOP (Folder/directory) with below conditions i) the directory names should start with xx..... (like xxau,xxcfi,xxcca...etc) and exclude the directory... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagan4599
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using grep command to find the pattern of text in all directories and sub-directories.

Hi all, Using grep command, i want to find the pattern of text in all directories and sub-directories. e.g: if i want to search for a pattern named "parmeter", i used the command grep -i "param" ../* is this correct? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinothrajan55
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Find the newest file in two directories

Hi i have two directories and files inside them Directory 1: Directory 2: These files are the same but song.mp3 in Directory 1 is newer than song.mp3 in Directory 2, and work.txt in Directory 2 is newer than work.txt in Directory 1. Now is my question. How i can compare these files... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Falstaff
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Passing resulted string name of a gzipped file as an argument to another piped tool

Hi, I have a .pcap.gz file and I would like to initially gzip it and then pass the resulting .pcap filename as an argument to a piped tool; the right-hand tool is not standardized linux tool but a custom one that strictly requires the string name of a given .pcap file in order for the pcap file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
2 Replies
KCPUSET(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						KCPUSET(9)

NAME
kcpuset, kcpuset_create, kcpuset_destroy, kcpuset_copy, kcpuset_use, kcpuset_unuse, kcpuset_copyin, kcpuset_copyout, kcpuset_zero, kcpuset_fill, kcpuset_set, kcpuset_clear, kcpuset_isset, kcpuset_iszero, kcpuset_match, kcpuset_merge, kcpuset_atomic_set, kcpuset_atomic_clear -- dynamic kernel CPU sets SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/kcpuset.h> void kcpuset_create(kcpuset_t **retkcp, bool zero); void kcpuset_destroy(kcpuset_t *kcp); void kcpuset_copy(kcpuset_t *dkcp, kcpuset_t *skcp); void kcpuset_use(kcpuset_t *kcp); void kcpuset_unuse(kcpuset_t *kcp, kcpuset_t **lst); int kcpuset_copyin(const cpuset_t *ucp, kcpuset_t *kcp, size_t len); int kcpuset_copyout(kcpuset_t *kcp, cpuset_t *ucp, size_t len); void kcpuset_zero(kcpuset_t *kcp); void kcpuset_fill(kcpuset_t *kcp); void kcpuset_set(kcpuset_t *kcp, cpuid_t cpu); void kcpuset_clear(kcpuset_t *kcp, cpuid_t cpu); int kcpuset_isset(kcpuset_t * kcp, cpuid_t cpu); bool kcpuset_iszero(kcpuset_t *kcp); bool kcpuset_match(const kcpuset_t *kcp1, const kcpuset_t *kcp2); void kcpuset_merge(kcpuset_t *kcp1, kcpuset_t *kcp2); void kcpuset_atomic_set(kcpuset_t *kcp, cpuid_t cpu); void kcpuset_atomic_clear(kcpuset_t *kcp, cpuid_t cpu); DESCRIPTION
The machine-independent kcpuset subsystem provides support for dynamic processor sets. Conceptually kcpuset can be understood to be the ker- nel equivalent of the user space cpuset(3) interface. FUNCTIONS
kcpuset_create(retkcp, zero) The kcpuset_create() function creates a dynamic CPU set and stores the result to retkcp. If the boolean zero is not false, the allocated set is also initialized to zero. kcpuset_destroy(kcp) Destroys the CPU set kcp and schedules any linked CPU sets for deferred destruction. kcpuset_copy(dkcp, skcp) Copies the CPU set pointed by skcp to dkcp. kcpuset_use(kcp) Marks kcp as being in use by increasing the reference count of the object. Note that initially kcpuset_create() sets the reference count to 1. kcpuset_unuse(kcp, lst) Decreases the internal reference count of kcp, and on the last reference (when the count reaches zero), destroys kcp. If lst is not NULL, then instead of destroying, kcp will be added to the lst list for a deferred destruction. kcpuset_copyin(ucp, kcp, len) Copies the len bytes long user-space CPU set ucp to the kernel CPU set kcp. kcpuset_copyout(kcp, ucp, len) Copies the kernel CPU set kcp to the user-space CPU set ucp. kcpuset_zero(kcp) Clears the set kcp. kcpuset_fill(kcp) Fills the whole set kcp with ones. kcpuset_set(kcp, cpu) Adds cpu to the set kcp. kcpuset_clear(kcp, cpu) Removes cpu from the set kcp. kcpuset_isset(kcp, cpu) Returns 1 if cpu is part of the CPU set kcp. kcpuset_iszero(kcp) Returns true if the set kcp is empty. kcpuset_match(kcp1, kcp2) Compares the sets kcp1 and kcp2, returning true if these are identical. kcpuset_merge(kcp1, kcp2) Merges the set kcp2 to the set kcp1. kcpuset_atomic_set(kcp, cpu) The kcpuset_atomic_set() function operates as kcpuset_set(), but the operation is atomic; see atomic_ops(3) for more details. kcpuset_atomic_clear(kcp, cpu) Removes cpu from the CPU set kcp atomically. CODE REFERENCES
The kcpuset subsystem is implemented within sys/kern/subr_kcpuset.c. SEE ALSO
cpuset(3) HISTORY
The kcpuset subsystem first appeared in NetBSD 6.0. BSD
October 6, 2011 BSD