Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk script modification
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk script modification Post 302686737 by SkySmart on Wednesday 15th of August 2012 10:52:58 AM
Old 08-15-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by elixir_sinari
How do you mean? Please elaborate with the input (contents of the 2 files) and the output generated by the command.
i wish i could post more information than i already did but i cant.

do you know how to modify the below command to take in a file and read the file for the host lists, instead of specifying the host as it is below?

Code:
awk 'BEGIN {RS="}";ORS=RS} !/relay-nasty-02.net/ {print}' config_file

---------- Post updated at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:52 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
This will do for your single example:
Code:
awk 'BEGIN {RS="}";ORS=RS} !/relay-nasty-02.net/ {print}' config_file

How do you transmit the list of host names? In a file, in an array, ...?

i want to transmit the list of host names in a file. how do i do that?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in script modification

i have the following perl script.but it searches for a given filename. i want to run the same script in my directoy which has subdirectories too and it has to display the file if sreach satisfies along with directory name. can anyone help me: perl script: my $FILE = $ARGV; for zf in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a.suryakumar
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a modification on this script

Hi All I have files contains rows which look like this: 2 20090721_16:58:47.173 JSUD2 JD1M1 20 IAM 966591835270 249918113182 b 3610 ACM b 3614 ACM b 3713 CPG b 3717 CPG f 5799 REL b 5815 RLC b 5817 RLC :COMMA: NCI=00,FCI=6101,CPC=0A,TMR=00,OFI=00,USI: :COMMB: BCI=1234: :RELCAUSE:10: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zanetti321
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

in line modification in a file using awk

Hi, I have a conf.file with the following values: ef=78 b=40 ca=40 c=45/dev2 when I modify one of the line with the below awk script,it's modifying BUT it's placing the modified line in the last line : input:- Configure b 45/dev4 output:- ef=78 ca=40 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk modification

I need help modifying the code below. DATAFILE is a log file. I have two strings i need to search for in the log file. The two strings are: 1. ERROR 2. com.rolander.promotions.client awk 'BEGIN { while((getline < "'${SFILE}'")>0) S FS="\n"; RS="\n" } (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk modification for lines

so i have this data in a file: jime=1860,yime=1.23243,lime= jime=1859,yime=1.23018,lime= jime=1825,yime=1.15371,lime= jime=1849,yime=1.20769,lime= jime=1841,yime=1.1897,lime= jime=1849,yime=1.20769,lime= i use this code to calculate the percentage difference of the number in column 2... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk output modification

Hello, I am using awk command to print some output, but there are some characters that I would like to remove from the output awk '{print $5$6}' the output I get is column5/:column6 I am looking forward to remove the : and to get the output column5/column6 Sorry if this question is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Error404
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

IP Address Modification through awk/sed

Hi, I have to modify the 2nd and 3rd octet of the IP address through awk/sed. For Example: Given IP is : 10.205.22.254, it should be modified as 10.105.100.254 through awk/sed. Kindly help me on this and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks in advances. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarbka
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script modification - treat certain files differently

awk 'BEGIN{OFS=","} FNR == 1 {if (NR > 1) {print fn,fnr,nl} fn=FILENAME; fnr = 1; nl = 0} {fnr = FNR} /UNUSUAL/ && /\.gz/ ~ /FILENAME/ {nl++} <'{system ("gunzip -cd FILENAME")}' END ... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script modification

can someone help me identify what i'm doing wrong here: awk -F'|' 'BEGIN{c=0} /./ && /./ { if ($3 < 2) { print ; c++ } END { print c":OK" } else if (($3 >= 2) && ($3 < 4)) { print ; c++ } END { print c":WARNING" } else if ($3 >= 4) { print ; c++ } END { print c":CRITICAL" } }'... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modification to awk command

i have a php file that has this: php.code #!/usr/bin/php <?php phpinfo(); hlight_file(__FILE__); ?> I want my awk code grab whatever is inbetween and including the "<?php" and "?>". Then, it should scan all the entries between these two points. And if the entries between these... (10 Replies)
10 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD