Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to know which pages don't have...? Post 302678241 by Don Cragun on Friday 27th of July 2012 01:16:21 PM
Old 07-27-2012
If you install this script in $HOME/bin/no_cgi:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
if ! grep -q "exec cgi" "$1"
then    printf 'No "exec cgi" in %s\n' "$1"
fi

and make it executable:
Code:
chmod +x $HOME/bin/no_cgi

You can then run the command:
Code:
find chu -name '*.htm*' -exec $HOME/bin/no_cgi {} \;

to get a list of html files that don't contain the string "exec cgi". (This assumes that all of your html files have names ending in .htm or .html. If you have html files with other filename suffixes, adjust the -name find primary operand as needed.)

If there aren't any subdirectories under chu, you don't need to use find. In this case, replace $HOME/bin/no_cgi with:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
for i in *.htm*
do
    if ! grep -q "exec cgi" "$i"
    then    printf 'No "exec cgi" in %s\n' "$i"
    fi
done

and then run:
Code:
cd chu
$HOME/bin/no_cgi

This User Gave Thanks to Don Cragun For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Man pages

Hello , I just installed openssh in my system . I actually tried to man sshd but it says no entry , though there is a man directory in the installation which have the man pages for sshd . Can anyone tell me how should i install these man pages . DP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi, I've written now a man pages, but I don't knwo how to get 'man' to view them. Where have I to put this files, which directories are allowed?? THX Bensky (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bensky
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

wired pages

hi, can any body tell, what are wired pages in HP_UX. which structure contains that and plz tell the corresponding system call to get it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkat_t
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi folks, I want to know all the commands for which man pages are available. How do i get it? Cheers, Nisha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

When reading man pages, I notice that sometimes commands are follwed by a number enclosed in parenthesis. such as: mkdir calls the mkdir(2) system call. What exactly does this mean? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pages out

okay.. have monitored that the page out/h max and avg have been 0 for one week. is this possible...? huge applications will have swap space being utilised ... so i am suprised that for one whole week, it has actually been zero please advise thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

7. Solaris

MAN PAGES

Hi everyone, I have a small query, in solaris the man pages get displayed on half of the terminal , can i get a full terminal or full screen display ?:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: M.Choudhury
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Looking for some man pages.

Can anyone supply me with the man pages for: omnidatalist omnibarlist omnisap.exe I prefer the source man pages in nroff format. A clue about the software bundles which supply these man pages is fine as well. OS: HP-UX TIA (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb008
11 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)