Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: libcvd install problem
Top Forums Programming libcvd install problem Post 302673889 by Corona688 on Wednesday 18th of July 2012 01:55:05 PM
Old 07-18-2012
It's telling you the error:

Code:
/home/opie/workspace/libcvd/cvd_src/SSE2/half_sample.cc:41: multiple definition of `CVD::halfSample(CVD::BasicImage<unsigned char> const&, CVD::BasicImage<unsigned char>&)'
cvd_src/MMX/half_sample.o:/home/opie/workspace/libcvd/cvd_src/MMX/half_sample.cc:14: first defined here
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

If I had to guess, it's because someone included a .c file instead of an .h file, or someone was silly enough to define the function inside a header itself without inlining it, but without the code I really can't say.

Do you really need to compile from scratch here? Your distribution doesn't offer this as a binary?
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris install problem

I am trying to install Solaris 2.8 on an Ultra 5 with Openboot 3.11 from the install cd. I type in boot cdrom, and I get the error: Boot device: /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/cdrom@2,0:f File and args : /platform/sun4u/kernel/genunix. Elf32 read error. I looked up the error, and it said to reset the boot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeremiebarber
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Install problem Solaris 10.1 6/06

Hi all! I'm trying to install Solaris 10.1 6/06 and got a problem under the install,after the first Grub screen the screen went black and all letters are seen as dots, i have installed Solaris 10 earlier and that goes without any problem. Are there any settings i can do to Grub under the first... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larsgk
2 Replies

3. AIX

Install Sophos Problem

Dear all, when i try to install sophos to my AIX server, it display the error "/opt/IBM/ITM/bin/unix is not a directory" ( the detail screen is attached). is i need to create that directory manually or there is other situation in here? Thanks Rick Wong (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rickhlwong
2 Replies

4. Solaris

problem on install

I install seems corrupt, I feel the kernel is corrupt and would like to set the kernel to the default settings(i heard this will fix the problem) anyone know how to do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaunders
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RPM install problem

I'm trying to install mysql on a server, but I keep getting an error. Can anyone offer any help? Below I've listed a bunch of info that you might find helpful. Here are the commands I'm using. $ ls MySQL-client-community-5.1.35-0.rhel3.i386.rpm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wsetchell
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

problem in install rcsslogplayer-15.0.0

hello my OS is ubuntu 11.10 (64 bit) When the command. / Configure for rcsslogplayer-15.0.0 I get an error message. I left a message at the below: mehran@mehran-Rev-1-0:~/rcsslogplayer-15.0.0$ ./configure checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c checking whether build... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: me64
0 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Qt windows 10 install problem?

qt windows 10 install problem? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaja
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris install problem

Hi does someone have a solaris 10 install problem on a sunfire v880? it keeps hanging (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simplextibi
8 Replies
UPDATE-NOTIFIER(1)					       Update Notifications						UPDATE-NOTIFIER(1)

NAME
update-notifier - daemon which notifies about package updates. SYNOPSIS
update-notifier [OPTIONS...] DESCRIPTION
update-notifier puts an icon in the user's notification area when package updates are available. OPTIONS
-h, --help Shows help options. --debug-hooks Enable hooks debugging. --debug-updates Enable updates/autolaunch debugging. --debug-inotify Enable inotify debugging. --debug-firmware Enable firmware debugging. --force Force start even if the user is not in the admin group. --force-use-gksu Force running all commands (update-manager, synaptic) with gksu. --startup-delay Delay startup by given amount of seconds. --display=DISPLAY X display to use. In addition, the usual GTK+ and GNOME command line options apply. See the output of --help for details. SEE ALSO
update-manager(8), synaptic(8) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Vincent Cheng <Vincentc1208@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). 0.99.3 November 2010 UPDATE-NOTIFIER(1)