Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to find multiple line matching? Post 302671103 by ran123 on Friday 13th of July 2012 05:35:13 AM
Old 07-13-2012
Getting Error

I am getting below error when trying

Code:
$ awk 'BEGIN { flag=0;i=0;while ( getline < "a.sql" ) { gsub(" ","",$0);arr[i]=$0;i++ } }{x=$0;gsub(" ","",x);;if(x==arr[0]&&flag==0){flag=1;j=1;next};
> if(flag==1){if(x==arr[j]&&j<i){j++;next}else{if(j==i){print $0;if($2~/fetch/){flag=0}}else{flag=0}}}}' b.sql
awk: syntax error near line 1
awk: illegal statement near line 1
awk: syntax error near line 1
awk: illegal statement near line 1

Thanks

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 07-13-2012 at 10:26 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching multiple times in same line

Hi, I am stuck with pattern matching. I need to match a particular pattern several times in a same line and replace them. for ex., I need to convert (abc XY) (bvf ZY) bla bla to XY ZY bla bla I tried.. s/\(+ (.+)\)/$1/gi and it works (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldtrash
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

find -regex: matching multiple extensions

I want to use find to locate files with two different extensions, and run a grep on the results. The closest I have gotten is incredibly slow and ugly: for i in `ls -laR|egrep -e '(.js|.css)'`; do find . -name $i -print|xargs grep -H searchBg; done; This method makes my eyes bleed. Help! ;) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: r0sc0
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed find matching pattern delete next line

trying to use sed in finding a matching pattern in a file then deleting the next line only .. pattern --> <ad-content> I tried this but it results are not what I wish sed '/<ad-content>/{N;d;}' akv.xml > akv5.xml ex, <Celebrant2First>Mickey</Celebrant2First> <ad-content> Minnie... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aveitas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find out line number of matching string using grep

Hi all, I want to display line number for matching string in a file. can anyone please help me. I used grep -n "ABC" file so it displays 6 ABC. But i only want to have line number,i don't want that it should prefix matching context with line number. Actually my original... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to find a multiple line block and replace with a multiple line block

I would perfer to use cut and paste to do this but I can't find a GUI to do this with. What I want to do is to find a multiple line block of code like Exit Sub Log_Handler: then replace it with GoTo RSLogRtn Exit Sub Log_Handler: Basically it is just an insert, but I may want to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randem
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find string multiple times, same line

Hi everybody, Fairly simple question here: I need an awk, sed, or grep command that will find the same string multiple times on one line needs to return all lines which contain .02 twice. I do know the exact number of characters in between the two occurrences of .02 if that helps, all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgrosecl
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple pattern find and delete line

I have a file # cat /tmp/user_find.txt /home/user/bad_link1 /home/user/www /home/user/mail /home/user/access_logs /home/user/bad_link2 I need to delete lines where there are patterns /home/user/www, /home/user/mail and /home/user/access_logs. I used below method, but its throwing error... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files not matching multiple patterns and then delete anything older than 10 days

Hi, I have multiple files in my log folder. e.g: a_m1.log b_1.log c_1.log d_1.log b_2.log c_2.log d_2.log e_m1.log a_m2.log e_m2.log I need to keep latest 10 instances of each file. I can write multiple find commands but looking if it is possible in one line. m file are monthly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wahi80
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Group Multiple Lines on SINGLE line matching pattern

Hi Guys, I am trying to format my csv file. When I spool the file using sqlplus the single row output is wrapped on three lines. Somehow I managed to format that file and finally i am trying to make the multiple line on single line. The below command is working fine but I need to pass the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJSKR28
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed find multiple expressions plus next next line

Hello I am trying to write sed code where it will look through the text for lines with specific expression "Started by user" and when found, will also add the following line, and also lines with another expression "Finished:" sed -n '/Started by user/, +1p, /Finished:/'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlesny
4 Replies
RMF(1)								     [nmh-1.5]								    RMF(1)

NAME
rmf - remove an nmh folder SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-interactive | -nointeractive] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Rmf removes all of the messages (files) within the specified (or default) folder, and then removes the folder (directory) itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not a part of nmh, they will not be removed, and an error will be produced. If the folder is given explicitly or the -nointeractive option is given, then the folder will be removed without confirmation. Otherwise, the user will be asked for confirmation. If rmf can't find the current folder, for some reason, the folder to be removed defaults to `+inbox' (unless overridden by user's profile entry "Inbox") with confirmation. If the folder being removed is a subfolder, the parent folder will become the new current folder, and rmf will produce a message telling the user this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. If rmf s used on a read-only folder, it will delete all the (private) sequences (i.e., "atr-seq-folder" entries) for this folder from your context without affecting the folder itself. Rmf irreversibly deletes messages that don't have other links, so use it with caution. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Inbox: To find the default inbox SEE ALSO
rmm(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder, usually with confirmation `-interactive' if +folder' not given, `-nointeractive' otherwise CONTEXT
Rmf will set the current folder to the parent folder if a subfolder is removed; or if the current folder is removed, it will make "inbox" current. Otherwise, it doesn't change the current folder or message. BUGS
Although intuitively one would suspect that rmf works recursively, it does not. Hence if you have a sub-folder within a folder, in order to rmf the parent, you must first rmf each of the children. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMF(1)