Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Check Receipt
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Check Receipt Post 302666439 by Shotta on Wednesday 4th of July 2012 10:24:20 AM
Old 07-04-2012
Yes Methyl,

the
Code:
sed

command revealed \r$
Indeed I did a few editing on notepad with the Windows OS and re-uploaded.
Can I use chmod command to reconvert it? Maybe that should work?

The server hosting the script is a Ubuntu 12 and I am using bash.

Please advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by methyl
The corrupt error messages, suggest that this script is not a valid script file.
Check whether the script has been edited with a Microsoft editor such as Windows Notepad and then transferred to a unix system without conversion.

To visually check the script for funny characters, use this sed command to make funny characters visible:
Code:
sed -n l scriptname | more

A normal line will show with ending $. A Microsoft line will show with ending \r$.

Also, please post what Operating System and version you are running and what Shell you use.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to request a "read" or "delivered" receipt for mails

Dears, I've written a script which allows me to send mails in different formats with different attaches. Now I still want to add a feature to this script. My users would like to be able to receive a "read" or "delivered" receipt for their mails. The script send mails on behalve of an specific... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: plelie2
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mail receipt

how can I control a mail receipt sent from unix using sendmail (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: npires
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to check for a file, check for 2hrs. then quit

I wish to seach a Dir for a specific file, once the file is found i will perform additional logic. If the file is not found within two hours, i would like to exit. Logically, I'm looking for the best way to approach this Thanks for any assistance in advance. Note: I'm using a C shell and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmarsh
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get read receipt notification on UNIX

Hi, We are sending mail from UNIX Sendmail utility. Is there any feature through which we can receive read receipt notification for e-mails sent through sendmail? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DejaVu
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check EOF char in Unix. OR To check file has been received completely from a remote system

Advance Thanks. (1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file. (2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting mail receipt and saving attachment

I'm working on a script which is supposed to check an email account and automatically download .doc attachments, but I'm having some problems. I'm using Mutt to check the email account (IMAP), and I can manually get the attachment and saving it, but I cannot for the life of me work out how to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spynappels
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

check in and check out comments

Hi Do you know how can I get all check in and check out comments for a period of time with Surround SCM CLI ---------- Post updated at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:56 AM ---------- Do you have NAnt tasks that allow us to access Evolution from an NAnt build script? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to check date and check files in particular dir

Hi Experts, I am checking how to get day in Perl. If it is “Monday” I need to process…below is the pseudo code. Can you please prove the code for below condition. if (today=="Monday" ) { while (current_time LESS THAN 9:01 AM) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
1 Replies
PIDOF(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual						  PIDOF(8)

NAME
pidof -- find the process ID of a running program. SYNOPSIS
pidof [-s] [-c] [-n] [-x] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]..] program [program..] DESCRIPTION
Pidof finds the process id's (pids) of the named programs. It prints those id's on the standard output. This program is on some systems used in run-level change scripts, especially when the system has a System-V like rc structure. In that case these scripts are located in /etc/rc?.d, where ? is the runlevel. If the system has a start-stop-daemon (8) program that should be used instead. OPTIONS
-s Single shot - this instructs the program to only return one pid. -c Only return process ids that are running with the same root directory. This option is ignored for non-root users, as they will be unable to check the current root directory of processes they do not own. -n Avoid stat(2) system function call on all binaries which are located on network based file systems like NFS. Instead of using this option the the variable PIDOF_NETFS may be set and exported. -x Scripts too - this causes the program to also return process id's of shells running the named scripts. -o omitpid Tells pidof to omit processes with that process id. The special pid %PPID can be used to name the parent process of the pidof pro- gram, in other words the calling shell or shell script. EXIT STATUS
0 At least one program was found with the requested name. 1 No program was found with the requested name. NOTES
pidof is actually the same program as killall5; the program behaves according to the name under which it is called. When pidof is invoked with a full pathname to the program it should find the pid of, it is reasonably safe. Otherwise it is possible that it returns pids of running programs that happen to have the same name as the program you're after but are actually other programs. Note that that the executable name of running processes is calculated with readlink(2), so symbolic links to executables will also match. SEE ALSO
shutdown(8), init(8), halt(8), reboot(8), killall5(8) AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl 01 Sep 1998 PIDOF(8)