Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to create a command that would print files only from 1 folder Post 302631749 by balajesuri on Friday 27th of April 2012 09:22:16 PM
Old 04-27-2012
Any particular reason why you don't want ls? -> ls ~/unix

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix command to cound the number of files in a folder

Hi All Can some one help me out. Please tell the unix command to cound the number of files in a folder. Ungent please# Thanks manas (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas6
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create folder and sub-folder in UNIX ?

Hi all, I have the following code to check the whether the folder is exist in my system. if ; then echo 'folder exist'; else echo 'folder not exist'; mkdir /home/batch/testing ; fi When I remove the "testing" folder from "/home/batch" directory, the code is working fine. But when I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suigion
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using mv command for moving multiple files in a folder

Hi, I have a requirement where I need to move Bunch of folders containing multiple files to another archive location. i want to use mv command .I am thinking when we use mv command to move directory does it create directory 1st and then move all the files ? e.g source... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkmbcbs
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

UNIX: Command to compress folder and all files into a tar

I am trying to grab a folder and all the folders and files underneath it and send it from one computer to another. I basically want to compress the whole folder into a tar, tgz, or zip file so that it can be sent as one file. is there a command to compress a folder and all its contents into a tar... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kane4355
7 Replies

5. Linux

Create folder by script & move files in it

Hi Team, I have over 1 lakh pdf files. I want to create folders like Disk-1, Disk-2 ..... & want to move 3000 pdfs per folder. Can i do it by script? Please help me. Thanks & Regards Parag Nehete (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create subfolder within folder in one command

suppose if i am checking folder g as shown below path a/b/c/d/e/f/g ,and some directory c,d,e,f,g not present then is there anyway to create directory in one command or i need to use mkdir for everyfolder (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command to move the files to other folder - ksh 88

Hi , I've learnt that the following command will remove the files from the given folder for given no.of days find /home/etc -type f -atime -10 -exec rm -f {} \; But how can I change the above command that will move the files to another specified directory instead of removing the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smile689
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use a loop for multiple files in a folder to run awk command?

Dear folks I have two data set which there names are "final.map" and "1.geno" and look like this structures: final.map: gi|358485511|ref|NC_006088.3| 2044 gi|358485511|ref|NC_006088.3| 2048 gi|358485511|ref|NC_006088.3| 2187 gi|358485511|ref|NC_006088.3| 17654 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajmar
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop awk command on files in a folder

Hi, I'd like to loop an action over all files with given extension within a folder. The "main" action is: awk -F "\t" 'BEGIN{OFS="\t"}{if ($10=="S") print$0; }' input.txt > output.txt The input.txt should be every file in the folder with *.subVCF extension; and the output should be a file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dovah
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apply command to all files in folder

Hi all! I have this command grep -E '^\To: |^\Date: |^\Subject: ' fileA.txt > fileA_1.txt && grep -v '^\To: |^\Date: |^\Subject: ' fileA.txt >> fileA_1.txt && rm fileA.txt && sed -i -e 's/\(Date: \|Subject: \|To: \)//g' fileA_1.txtHow do I apply it to all the files in the folder (each file has a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilliber
7 Replies
MBK_WORK_LIB(1) 					     MBK ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES						   MBK_WORK_LIB(1)

NAME
MBK_WORK_LIB - define the mbk working directory SYNOPSYS
c-shell running setenv MBK_WORK_LIB unix path ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr DESCRIPTION
MBK_WORK_LIB sets the directory where are saved the results of an invocation of mbk or genlib. This directory is considered to be, from an mbk point of view, read and write. Also, when a file is searched for reading, the first directory to be looked at is the MBK_WORK_LIB, and then the one defined in MBK_CATA_LIB(1). The unix path argument must be a actually accessible path on your host machine. ERRORS
"mbk_fopen : can't open file 'unix_path/file.xx'" This occurs when either the unix path is irrelevent, or when the file doesn't exist if it is open for reading, or when you don't have the right on the file or directory while trying to write it. EXAMPLE
setenv MBK_WORK_LIB ~fred/crechan/uom SEE ALSO
mbk(3), genlib(1), MBK_CATA_LIB(1). BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 MBK_WORK_LIB(1)