Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SCO Unix 5.0.6 SATA in compatibility mode Post 302631725 by jgt on Friday 27th of April 2012 07:45:51 PM
Old 04-27-2012
How are you answering the question about how to partition the disk?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

SCO 5.0.6 application compatibility w/ Linux?

Hello Valued Members, I was wondering if there are any Linux, BSD, versions that can run SCO 5.0.6 applications without much modification? I was looking into purchasing a copy of Caldera Openlinux, the last version, but wanted to ask if there are any other options of a newer variant. I am also... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: stay0ut
8 Replies

2. SCO

SATA AHCI Tape on SCO 5.0.7

Dear all, I'm newbie in SCO. I already purchase SCO 5.0.7 and SATA Tape Drive (not SCSI) for IBM server. not a cheap investment :( my problem is: I can't use my sata tape on sco 5.0.7 for backup my data because sco can't detect any sata tape has been plug into o/s. i already running "mkdev... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: asumatezuka
7 Replies

3. SCO

SATA Hard Disk support by SCO OpenServer 5.05

Is SATA hard disk is suooprted by SCO OpenServer 5.05? If No, how to couter this problem. If yes, please provide the installation steps. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar9919
2 Replies

4. SCO

SCO unix binary compatibility problem

Hi I am looking for sco xenix binary compatibility utility "cvtomf",(convert omf object to COFF object) Would you please help me ? tnx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
3 Replies

5. SCO

sco unix backward compatibility on "max open file per process"

Hi How to increase maximum number of open file in "sco xenix binary" running in "sco unix openserver 5.0.7" ? I have changed "NOFILES" kernel parameter to 512, but xenix binray can't open more than 60. tnx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
4 Replies

6. AIX

Processor Compatibility Mode

Hi, IBM documentation says the CPU Compatibility Mopde can be changed from th HMC in LPAR properties, but i have no option to change it there, it is only displayed. Anyone? Regards, firefox111 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox111
6 Replies

7. AIX

Change processor compatibility mode without hmc

Hello, One of my colleagues is working on a p730 without HMC, only one LPAR has all resources. The server is showing some issues with Informix (10.00 & 11.50), the same config (OS & IFX) works perfectly on Power6 so I would like to ask him to change the processor compatibility mode to power6 on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fapl
3 Replies

8. Web Development

Set Edge Compatibility Mode for IE

hi i have code in iplanet webserver in obj.conf file <If $uri !~'^/app/literature/item/(.*)'> AuthTrans fn="set-variable" insert-srvhdrs="X-UA-Compatible:IE=EmulateIE8" </If> i want to migrate it to apache webserver need your help to replace the above code for apache webserver. i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sco openserver 6 on hd sata: cloning

Good evening, I should make a full image copy of the 1 terabyte hard drive on an HP WX4600 workstation and is present as the only Sco OpenServer 6 operating system, which I need to run a very old corporate accounting program. Logically, Sco OpenServer 6 on this workstation has been regularly... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIGHTPRINCE79
7 Replies
VIAIDE(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						 VIAIDE(4)

NAME
viaide -- AMD, NVIDIA and VIA IDE disk controllers driver SYNOPSIS
viaide* at pci? dev ? function ? flags 0x0000 options PCIIDE_AMD756_ENABLEDMA DESCRIPTION
The viaide driver supports the following IDE controllers and provides the interface with the hardware for the ata driver: - Advanced Micro Devices AMD-756, 766, 768 and CS5536 IDE Controllers - NVIDIA nForce, nForce2, nForce2 400, nForce3, nForce3 250, nForce4, MCP04, MCP55, MCP61, MCP65, MCP67 IDE and SATA Controllers. - VIA Technologies VT82C586, VT82C586A, VT82C596A, VT82C686A, VT8233A, VT8235, VT8237/VT8237R IDE Controllers, VT6421 Serial RAID Controller and CX700 IDE Controller. The 0x0002 flag forces the viaide driver to disable DMA on chipsets for which DMA would normally be enabled. This can be used as a debugging aid, or to work around problems where the IDE controller is wired up to the system incorrectly. SEE ALSO
ata(4), atapi(4), intro(4), pci(4), pciide(4), wd(4), wdc(4) NOTES
Drives on the VT6421 Serial RAID Controller can only be accessed after they have been configured into RAID or JBOD sets via its BIOS. It is also inaptly named as it has both SATA and PATA interfaces. BUGS
The AMD756 chip revision D2 has a bug affecting DMA (but not Ultra-DMA) modes. The workaround documented by AMD is to not use DMA on any drive which does not support Ultra-DMA modes. This does not appear to be necessary on all drives, the PCIIDE_AMD756_ENABLEDMA option can be used to force multiword DMA on the buggy revisions. Multiword DMA can eventually be disabled on a per-drive basis with config flags, see wd(4). The bug, if triggered, will cause a total system hang. The timings used for the PIO and DMA modes for controllers listed above are for a PCI bus running at 30 or 33 MHz. This driver may not work properly on overclocked systems. BSD
August 31, 2007 BSD