Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Little script with minicom
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Little script with minicom Post 302627303 by Corona688 on Friday 20th of April 2012 11:54:30 AM
Old 04-20-2012
Try 9600 instead of 115200. The modem might be defaulting to a different speed, at first, like the external 56K modem I wrote my script for does.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux - minicom

hello. i'm attempting to use minicom in linux, but i'm having some difficulties. When i type in "minicom", the application opens up. It says 'starting minicom/finding modem'(something like that). However, once it actually starts, I can't do anything. No matter what I type in, it doesn't work. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kickboxer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Minicom Scripting

Does anyone have a working minicom script they would care to post as I can't get the scripting working and the scriptdemo and unixlogin sample scripts are on my system either. Thanx, I (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ianf
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

running scripts in minicom

Hi, I am new to use minicom. I want script to run on minicom with username and password as automated.(Expect). please could anyone suggest the sample code for it. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect minicom

Hi, I am new to using minicom. I want how to write a expect script for minicom login? I wrote a code but its not acting what iam expecting. here I have my code: #!/usr/bin/expect set fd fconfigure $fd spawn -open $fd spawn minicom expect “enter:” send "\n" send "\n" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

minicom works, but stty does not

Hi all, I have some trouble getting stty to talk to some serial/usb converter. Getting minicom to work was however quite simple after I entered the following settings in addition to its standard-setup: pu port /dev/ttyUSB0 pu baudrate 19200 pu bits 8 pu... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pa-trick
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exiting from Minicom on a shell script

This is what I've tried: #!/bin/sh send sh send showifs send exit ! killall minicom My problem is that for some reason when I do this it doesn't give me the results of the prior commands sent like showifs So I suspect my syntax is wrong. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uradunce
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with minicom script

I'm a fairly new user to Linux based systems and am still a little uncomfortable with using the command interface. I'm trying to get my feet wet but have unfortunately hit a wall and am actually not even sure what I am trying to accomplish is at all possible. Basically, I am trying to use a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrdk00
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script not working in crontab with minicom

Hi All, I am testing expect script in command prompt without issue, but in crontab it is not working, i check the output error as below: #cat /var/log/testexp.log spawn minicom -C /var/log/minicom1.log No cursor motion capability (cm) AT+COPS=? I am new in scripting, together... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elingtey
1 Replies

9. SCO

Minicom

hello is there a copy of minicom or equivalent for unixware 7? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deus-programmer
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alternatives to minicom During Remote Access?

Hey All, I am trying to find something similar to minicom, but it needs the ability to be ran during a remote dialup session on the remote device's side. If I dial into the remote server (*using minicom) and then try to run minicom on the remote server I get the following: # minicom... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
20 Replies
Sendpage::KeesConf(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Sendpage::KeesConf(3pm)

NAME
Sendpage::KeesConf - implements a configuration file reader SYNOPSIS
use Sendpage::KeesConf; $config = Sendpage::KeesConf->new(); $config->define("variable", { DEFAULT => "setting" }); $config->file("config.cfg"); $setting=$config->get("variable"); DESCRIPTION
I have borrowed VERY heavily from Andy Wardley's (abw@cre.canon.co.uk) "AppConfig" tool, which can be found on CPAN (http://cpan.perl.org) but I found it not dynamic enough for multi-instance variable defaults. As a result, I wrote this massively trimmed-down version for my use. The following methods are available: $config = Sendpage::KeesConf->new(); The constructor doesn't take an arguement, but it should in the future. $config->forget(); This call will make $config forget about any variables it has loaded. It does NOT forget "define"d variables, just instantiated ones via "file". $config->define($name, $options); This will define a variable by the name of $name. $options can contain: ARGCOUNT What type of variable this should be. Default value is "1". The available types are: 0 Boolean (true/false, yes/no, 1/0) 1 Scalar (any string) 2 List (an array of strings) DEFAULT The default value the variable should have if it is not overridden during the call to "file". The DEFAULT must be the same data type as ARGCOUNT. The default DEFAULT is the string "<unset>". UNSET set this to 1 if you want the default value to be undefined. This is a hack to get around the default DEFAULT. $config->instance_exists($name); This tests to see if there is a section loaded named $name $var=$config->ifset($name); This call will search for the variable named $name. If it is not found, it will return undef. If the value exists, it will return the value. This is a way to call "get" without having a default passed through. $var=$config->exists($name); This call will search for the variable named $name. If it is not found, it will return false. If the value exists, it will return true. This is a way for the user to find out if they will get a "default" on a call to "get". $var=$config->fallbackget($name,$quiet); This call will search for the variable named $name. If it is not found, the section portion will be removed, and retried for a sectionless "get" call. That way, global variables can be overridden by section-specific variables. If "SECTION:Instance@name" does not exist, "name" will be tried. $var=$config->get($name); This call will search for the variable named $name. If it is not found, it will fall back to the default for the section. Sections are explained in more detail later. $config->instances($class); Returns an array of the names of all the variables in the class $class. $config->file('program.cfg'); Loads variables from the named file. Syntax for this file is: [SECTION:INSTANCE] VARIABLE1 = VALUE1 VARIABLE2 = VALUE2 . . . If VARIABLE is an array, VALUE is loaded using commas (,) as the list separator. The variable will be available under the name of the section. For example, to see VALUE2, it would be accessed as: $config->get("SECTION:INSTANCE@VARIABLE2"); Notice, that "=", ":", and "@" are all not allowed in section or variable names. Sections can be defined (and loaded) so that defaults can pass back to a defined section default. For example, lets say that you have several modems, and most of them have different settings. You can define all the modem variables like so: $config->define("modem:baud",{ DEFAULT => 9600 }); $config->define("modem:flowctl",{ DEFAULT => "hardware" }); Then, when you load them, let's say the config file has: [modem:sportster] baud = 115200 [modem:hayes] The baud rate for the sportster will come back as 115200, but the hayes will fall back during a "get" call, and find the default for the modem section: 9600. Both fallback to have "flowctl" as "hardware": # returns specific value 115200 $config->get("modem:sportster@baud"); # returns default value 9600 $config->get("modem:hayes@baud"); # both return default value "hardware" $config->get("modem:sportster@flowctl"); $config->get("modem:hayes@flowctl"); CAVEATS
character limitations As mentioned above, variable names (and section names) cannot have the characters ":", "@", or "=" in them. default defaults There should be a way to pass default defaults into "new". That would be handy, and could eliminate the need for the UNSET option in "define". AUTHOR
Kees Cook <kees@outflux.net> SEE ALSO
perl(1), sendpage(1), Sendpage::KeesLog(3), Sendpage::Modem(3), Sendpage::PagingCentral(3), Sendpage::PageQueue(3), Sendpage::Page(3), Sendpage::Recipient(3), Sendpage::Queue(3) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2000 Kees Cook. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.0 2008-01-03 Sendpage::KeesConf(3pm)