Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting problems with ksh array and find command Post 302618447 by radoulov on Wednesday 4th of April 2012 04:06:44 AM
Old 04-04-2012
Could you please elaborate further?
Please post the listing of the directory/directories, the actual content of the array and the expected one.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find: problems escaping printf-command string

Hi Folks! Can you help me with this find -printf command. I seem to be unable to execute the printf-command from my shell script. I'm confused: :confused: My shell script snippet looks like this: #!/bin/sh .. COMMAND="find ./* -printf '%p %m %s %u %g \n'" echo "Command: ${COMMAND}"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: grahamb
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with find command

Folks, I have been searching a dir for specfic files that have been accessed within a certain timeframe. The issue that I am having is that it picks up the .snapshot dir as well. I am using the following: find /probecards/ -name "S25E3N*" -mtime -1 -type f Is this correct or how do I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodey
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find command from shell scipt (ksh) problem

Hi experts, I have a simple shell script as follows. #!/bin/ksh FIND_STRING="\( -name 'testfile*.Z' -o -name 'DUMMY_*' \) " find /tmp -type f $FIND_STRING -print When I run this with ksh -x testscript, I get the following output. + FIND_STRING=\( -name 'testfile*.Z' -o -name... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kodermanna
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - Using Find command on dynamic files on KSH

Hi Forum. When I run the following find command, I get the desired results: find . \( -name a.out -o -name '*.o' -o -name 'core' \) -type f -ls I want for my script to dynamically calculate and assign a variable var1 to contain all the files that I want to search instead of hard-coding. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh - find command with 2 actions attached and error logging

Hi there, I'm encountering problems on an AIX system when using following in my script. find . -name *.edi -type f -exec sh -c 'scp {} $user@$server:$path || exit 5; mv {} $sent || exit 7' \; the error i get is following find: 0652-018 An expression term lacks a required... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kerberos
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with find command at ksh

Hi! I made a shell script which is offering menu choice. I made it on RHEL & then with little bit changes I was able to run successfully on AIX/ksh. Script is working fine with no issues other than a little one i.e., There is one choice in which I can list out and delete some files from a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression in Find command [KSH]

Hello, I am trying to use regex wtih find command in KSH. For some reason it is not working as expected. Input: comm_000_abc_0102.c comm_000_abc.c 456_000_abc_1212.cpp 456_000_abc_.cpp Expected Output: comm_000_abc_0102.c kkm_000_abc_8888.cpp (Basically I want to find all... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinay4889
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh : need to store the output of a awk command to a array

I have awk command : awk -F ' ' '{ print $NF }' log filename And it gives the output as below: 06:00:00 parameters: SDS (2) no no no no doc=4000000000). information: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramprabhum
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command to move the files to other folder - ksh 88

Hi , I've learnt that the following command will remove the files from the given folder for given no.of days find /home/etc -type f -atime -10 -exec rm -f {} \; But how can I change the above command that will move the files to another specified directory instead of removing the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smile689
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script find command not printing any results

Hello, Hitting a wall on this one. When at the command prompt it works fine: # find /home/testuser -name 'PAINT*canvasON.txt' /home/testuser/PAINT_canvasON.txt # pwd /home/testuser # ls -l PAINT*canvasON.txt -rw-r--r-- 1 root user 23 Feb 07 02:58 PAINT_canvasON.txt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
2 Replies
NWDIR(1)							       nwdir								  NWDIR(1)

NAME
nwdir - Lists files in directory SYNOPSIS
nwdir [-h] [-v] [-l] [-t] [-d] [-e] [-f] [directory] DESCRIPTION
nwdir lists files, directories and their attributes from the specified NetWare directory. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -d List directories like other files, rather than listing their contents. -l Show filename in all available namespaces. -v Verbose listing, display everything possible. -e Display OS/2 Extended Attributes. -f List connections using each file. -t Show all informations (rights, attributes, file inodes) also as hexadecimal numbers. directory You can specify the directory to list. Current working directory is used by default. You have to specify path in Linux format, not in NetWare format. EXAMPLES
nwdir -t -v /NetWare/server/sys With this example, all files from directory /NetWare/server/sys are displayed. AUTHORS
nwdir was written by Milan Vandrovec. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. BUGS
Directory quotas are not displayed. User names are not taken from NDS, but only from bindery. nwdir 4/2/1998 NWDIR(1)