Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 missing /cdrom/cdrom0/ Post 302607887 by admin_xor on Thursday 15th of March 2012 02:46:37 PM
Old 03-15-2012
As suggested, "rmformat -l" will let you know if the system can see the drive or not. If yes, then check if autofs service online:

Code:
svcs svc:/system/filesystem/autofs:default

If that's online, make sure /etc/auto_master file has correct entry for the cdrom.

However, mounting cdrom should automatically be taken care of by volume manager. If svc:/system/filesystem/rmvolmgr:default service is online, check the log located at: /var/svc/log/system-filesystem-rmvolmgr:default.log
See if there's any error or not.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by admin_xor; 03-15-2012 at 03:58 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

still cant get the solaris cdrom!!

ok here is what i do and get: # mount /dev/sd6a /cdrom mount /dev/sd6a write-protected ok so what do i do its a external cdrom and its on scsi number 6. its a SparcSTATION 2. we're trying to put red hat sparc 6.2 on it but it wont boot. i am about to take the hard drives out and install it a... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wixifer
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

burn cdrom with solaris

Hallo, who can help me to configure a scsi cd writer to my sun server enterprice 1000. 1. Hardware configuration 2. Burn program etc.. Please send me links or dokuments were i can get more infos about this theme. regards joerg (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joerg
1 Replies

3. Solaris

mounting cdrom on Solaris 9

Here's some cmd output: bash-2.05# ls /dev/dsk/* /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s4 /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s0 /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s4 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s5 /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s1 /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s5 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s2 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s6 /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s2 /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s6 /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s3 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AJA
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10, CDROM issue!!!!

I have Sun Solaris 10 (x86 based). I installed Solaris through CDROMs by booting the system through CDs only. But now when I try to use the same CDROM, it ejects out CD after few seconds, the CDROM blinks as long as the CD is in. But it throws it out. I tried killing and restarting "VOLD". Also bye... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stushar2000
3 Replies

5. Solaris

SOLARIS 8 cdrom not being read

Hello, I'm a new SA fairly familar with Solaris. I'm using the COEInstaller tool and am unable to read a cd. The cd is fine. The machine continues to see the last cdrom I've used which was an image. I've tried restarted the server, restarted COEInstaller but the machine still see's the last... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: computerguy_2
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 on CDROM?

Hello, First i'm Dutch, and my English is not very well. Sorry. :D I have got a Sun Microsystems Ultra 3D (with SPARC processor). The file must be burned to a DVD. And my computer can onley read a cd. How to get Solaris 10 on a few cds? Please help me. Thanks a lot.. Greets. (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomW
21 Replies

7. Solaris

I/O error when mounting cdrom in Solaris 10

hi unix friends, has anyone faced this problem before ? i inserted my cd into my X1450 machine, it says I/O error. mount -F hsfs -o ro /dev/dsk/clt0d0s0 /cdrom mount: I/O error mount: cannot mount /dev/dsk/c1t0d0s0 what should i do ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Exposure
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 9 not recognizing CDROM drive

Hello, I've read many posts that offer tips on how to mount a CDROM but I haven't seen any on how to get the system to recognize the CDROM drive. I was transferring files from CDROM to the hard drive successfully. I entered the third CDROM and the system refused to automount it. I tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TrueSon
2 Replies

9. Solaris

dvd/cdrom missing after solaris 10 jumpstart

Hi everybody Having a strange problem on a x4270m2 Sun server. Jumpstarting it from dvd drive. After install the dvddrive does not exist. Be aware jumpstart is custommade bash-3.00# mount -F hsfs -o ro /dev/dsk/c1t4d0p0 /cdrom mount: No such device mount: cannot mount... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stockhes
7 Replies

10. HP-UX

Cdrom device possibly missing?

Hello, I am following the HPUX 11.31 install/update guide and I am trying to install "Update-UX" from the installation media. I put the CD into the drive, and I am trying to mount the device. The instructions state:Find the DVD-ROM device file name: ioscan -C disk -f -n -k | more A typical... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
5 Replies
rmvolmgr(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      rmvolmgr(1M)

NAME
rmvolmgr - HAL-aware removable volume manager SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rmvolmgr [-chns] DESCRIPTION
The rmvolmgr command is a volume manager that can automatically mount and unmount removable media and hot-pluggable storage. The default mount point is /media. rmvolmgr is one of a number of Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL)-aware tools that are shipped with the Solaris operating system. See hald(1M). Multiple instances of rmvolmgr can be run simultaneously. A system instance of rmvolmgr runs by default as a service management facility (SMF) service (see smf(5)). Its fault management resource identifier (FMRI) is: svc:/system/filesystem/rmvolmgr You can run your own instance of rmvolmgr by adding it to the .xinitrc file or a similar session startup script. In such a case, the system rmvolmgr instance will not manage volumes that belong to you, the owner of the startup script. For example, a user logged on to the work- station console (/dev/console) who invokes his own instance of rmvolmgr will own locally connected devices, such as CD-ROM drives and devices connected to the local USB or FireWire ports. In addition to mounting volumes under /media, rmvolmgr also creates legacy symbolic links under /cdrom, /floppy, and /rmdisk. rmvolmgr also provides backwards compatibility with CDE removable media interfaces by maintaining notification files under /tmp/.removable. This functionality can be disabled by using the -c option. The -c and -n options can also be specified as SMF properties. See "Examples." OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c Disable CDE compatibility. -h Display help information and exit. -n Do not create legacy mountpoint symbolic links. -s Invoke in system instance mode. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Using SMF Properties to Set Options The following svccfg(1M) command and subcommands use SMF properties to set the -c and -n options. example# svccfg svc:> select rmvolmgr svc:/system/filesystem/rmvolmgr> listprop rmvolmgr/* rmvolmgr/legacy_mountpoints boolean true rmvolmgr/cde_compatible boolean true svc:/system/filesystem/rmvolmgr> setprop rmvolmgr/legacy_mountpoints=false svc:/system/filesystem/rmvolmgr> setprop rmvolmgr/cde_compatible=false svc:/system/filesystem/rmvolmgr> exit example# ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhalr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hald(1M), svccfg(1M), attributes(5), hal(5), smf(5) SunOS 5.11 28 Nov 2006 rmvolmgr(1M)