Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to upload latest file to other server via FTP Post 302605114 by Corona688 on Tuesday 6th of March 2012 04:26:43 PM
Old 03-06-2012
-exec ls is redundant. find prints by default.

You could make a ~/.netrc file like this:
Code:
machine 192.168.0.10
        login minecraft
        password minecraftpw

Then you could do

Code:
( cd /home/mc/archive/sbhouse

find . -type f -mtime +45 |
while read LINE
do
        echo "put $LINE /path/to/remotedestination/$LINE"
done 

echo "quit" ) | ftp hostname

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to ftp latest file

Hello All, Hope u r doing fine. I'm writing a shell script to ftp the latest file having pericular convention as 'ULTI_15072007043205.txt' on daily basis. Now the date & timing of the file geleration isnt constant, so the file name daily varies as per the date & timing of generation. Can anyone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: im_new
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp put in shell script -- whole file doesn't upload

Hi I'm having some trouble with a bash shell script that I'm writing. In the script, I'm trying to upload a file to a backup repository using ftp, but the whole file doesn't get uploaded. This is the file's properties at the start (I've highlighted the file size in red): -rw-r--r-- 1 root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Viola
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script for ftp-upload is not working

Hello everyone, sorry for the title, most of you must getting sick of reading something like this, but I haven't found a solution, although I found many threads according to it. I'm working on a bash script that connects to a network printer with ftp where I want to upload a pdf created... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: le_mae
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to FTP the latest file, based on date, from a remote server through a shell script?

How to FTP the latest file, based on date, from a remote server through a shell script? I have four files to be FTP'ed from remote server. They are of the following format. build1_runtime_mmddyyyy.txt build2_runtime_mmddyyyy.txt build3_runtime_mmddyyyy.txt buifile_count_mmddyyyy.txt ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imran_affu
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Curl ftp upload success but no file exist on the server !!!!

hello, I'm trying to upload a file to this ftp server and others ftp://ftp.byethost12.com as you can see in the output of CURL using the -v option curl reports that the upload succeeded but when i connected to the server with file-zilla there is no file uploaded the same command upload files... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laraaj
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files and upload to FTP Server

HI, I need a script to find new files that created after 6:00 from /home/ugh /demo/conn /UAT/d01 and upload them into ftp server according to system date: Please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: refra
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download latest file via ftp server unix through shell script

Hello this is my first post in this forum , I dont want to be unhappy.. I am writing one script but facing difficulty to find the latest file with some new pattern My requirement is 1. The file is coming like "ABCD-23220140303" at FTP server once in a week. 2. script will run on daily... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajju
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP in shell script and selecting files for upload

Hi, Im a newbie with programming and shell scripting. Im running OSX/Mac and Darwin. I would like to create a shell script that would : 1. Search a Volume and directory (including subdirectories) for a file that : * filename ends with ”_Highres.pdf” and * the file creation date of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: NickeZ28
8 Replies

9. Ubuntu

FTP script to get latest file from server

Hello people, I have to download, with a scheduled script, the latest file from an FTP server. In the remote DIR, named .../TEKNONET/60468/, every night a CDR file like this gets uploaded into it: 000006046820151122N001.CDR, so my script will have to download every day the previous day... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtus96
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Upload latest file to ftp

Hi, I want to create a script that parses the content of a file (on each line there is a filename with full path containing the latest fiels created on that day) and uploads every file to a ftp location. Any elegant way to do it ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: liviusbr
4 Replies
bt-obex(1)							    bluez-tools 							bt-obex(1)

NAME
bt-obex - a bluetooth OBEX client/server SYNOPSIS
bt-obex [OPTION...] Help Options: -h, --help Application Options: -a, --adapter=<name|mac> -s, --server [<path>] -p, --opp <name|mac> <file> -f, --ftp=<name|mac> DESCRIPTION
This utility implemented support of Object Push Profile (OPP) and File Transfer Profile (FTP). You can send and receive files to/from remote device using this tool. OPTIONS
-h, --help Show help -a, --adapter <name|mac> Specify adapter to use by his Name or MAC address (if this option does not defined - default adapter used) -s, --server [<path>] Register agent at OBEX server and set incoming/root directory to `path` or current folder will be used; Agent is used to accept/reject incoming bluetooth object push requests -p, --opp <name|mac> <file> Send local file to the specified remote device using object push profile -f, --ftp <name|mac> Start FTP session with remote device; If session opened successfuly, FTP shell will be opened FTP commands: help Show help message exit Close FTP session cd <folder> Change the current folder of the remote device mkdir <folder> Create a new folder in the remote device ls List folder contents get <src> <dst> Copy the src file (from remote device) to the dst file (on local filesystem) put <src> <dst> Copy the src file (from local filesystem) to the dst file (on remote device) cp <src> <dst> Copy a file within the remote device from src file to dst file mv <src> <dst> Move a file within the remote device from src file to dst file rm <target> Deletes the specified file/folder AUTHOR
Alexander Orlenko <zxteam@gmail.com>. SEE ALSO
bt-adapter(1) bt-agent(1) bt-audio(1) bt-device(1) bt-input(1) bt-monitor(1) bt-network(1) bt-serial(1) 2010-08-16 bt-obex(1)