Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help in Editing XML files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help in Editing XML files Post 302600655 by chihung on Tuesday 21st of February 2012 07:11:40 PM
Old 02-21-2012
Install XML::Merge perl module
Code:
perl -MCPAN -e 'install XML::Merge'

Run this perl script. master.xml will merge the upgrade.xml
Code:
#! /usr/bin/perl

use XML::Merge;

my $merge_obj = XML::Merge->new(
        'filename' => 'master.xml',
        'conflict_resolution_method' => 'last-in_wins'
);

$merge_obj->merge('filename' => 'upgrade.xml');
$merge_obj->tidy();
$merge_obj->write();

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing a xml file

I have a xml file which conttent as follows: <Config><Pro><config> <key>mac</key> <value>localhost</value> </config> </Pro></Config> i want to edit <value>localhost</value> as <value>local</value> can any one please help me on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing files to add some thing in all the files in a folder

Hi All, I have a folder that contains 100's of files and each file have a similar content like the following format: ((STBJa:200.0,((STBTz:200.0,(STSwe:200.0,(STDUw:200.0,(ST4Bu:200.0,STL2b:200.0):127.0):86.0):80.0):120.0, STAHr:200.0):134.0):200.0,STuNg:200.0);What I need is to do is add "#1"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Editing XML file

Hi All, i have an XML file like :- <RequestBillsRsp version="1.0"><BillSummaryData><AgreementNumberFull>13-WY-8425-2</AgreementNumberFull><AgreementNumberAbbr>WY84252</AgreementNumberAbbr><LineOfBusiness>F</LineOfBusiness><Line></Line> This is a continuous pattern. From this I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing files.

hello, i have a problem. suppose file.txt i want to add lines over those lines in a file if it starts and ends with how and "?" respectively. i want output like output file.txt thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashwantkumar
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XML File editing in HP-UX

Hi All, I have attached the original file and the file that I have edited, please have a look. The files are named as follows original.xml and updated.xml The chunk of data that we don’t we need is below At the start of the file: The below data is not required <Data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikaka
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two xml files while ignoring some xml tags

I've got two different files and want to compare them. File 1 : <response ticketId="944" type="getQueryResults"><status>COMPLETE</status><description>Query results fetched successfully</description><recordSet totalCount="1" type="sms_records"><record id="38,557"><columns><column><name>orge... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaishav Shah
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script deleting my files, and editing files in subdirectories question

#!/bin/bash # name=$1 type=$2 number=1 for file in ./** do if then filenumber=00$number elif then filenumber=0$number fi tempname="$name""$filenumber"."$type" if (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheGreatGizmo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract strings from XML files and create a new XML

Hello everybody, I have a double mission with some XML files, which is pretty challenging for my actual beginner UNIX knowledge. I need to extract some strings from multiple XML files and create a new XML file with the searched strings.. The original XML files contain the source code for... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: milano.churchil
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting xml file into several xml files using perl

Hi Everyone, I'm new here and I was checking this old post: /shell-programming-and-scripting/180669-splitting-file-into-several-smaller-files-using-perl.html (cannot paste link because of lack of points) I need to do something like this but understand very little of perl. I also check... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcosta
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a single xml file into multiple xml files

Hi, I'm having a xml file with multiple xml header. so i want to split the file into multiple files. Sample.xml consists multiple headers so how can we split these multiple headers into multiple files in unix. eg : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ml:individual... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narendra921631
3 Replies
INTLTOOL-MERGE(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 INTLTOOL-MERGE(8)

NAME
intltool-merge - merge translated strings into various types of file SYNOPSIS
intltool-merge [option]... PO_DIRECTORY FILENAME OUTPUT_FILE DESCRIPTION
Merge translated strings in po files in PO_DIRECTORY with the original application file FILENAME, and output the file OUTPUT_FILE contain- ing both original and localized strings. If FILENAME is an XML file, OUTPUT_FILE will contain repeated xml nodes, where each node contains one of the localized strings with "xml:lang" attribute. OPTIONS
Mode of operation -b --ba-style Merge files in bonobo-activation style, which is used for bonobo servers. -d --desktop-style Merge files in desktop style, which is similar to the Windows .ini file format. -k --keys-style Merge files in keys style, which is used for metadata. -o --oaf-style (OBSOLETE) Same as -b/--ba-style. -r --rfc822deb-style Merge files in RFC 822 style, which is usually used in Debian configuration files. --quoted-style Merge files in quoted string style, which just translates any strings within "". -x --xml-style Merge files in standard XML style, both as attributes and as raw pcdata. Other options -u --utf8 Convert all strings to UTF-8 before merging. -p --pass-through Use strings as is in .po files without conversion (STRONGLY unrecommended with -x). -c --cache (TBD) -q --quiet Be quiet while running. -v --version Show version information. -h --help Show usage and basic help information. FILES
po/.intltool-merge-cache Cache file generated by intltool-merge, that contains all strings in all po files separated by 1. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to http://bugs.launchpad.net/intltool AUTHOR
Darin Adler <darin@bentspoon.com> Kenneth Christiansen <kenneth@gnu.org> Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@eazel.com> SEE ALSO
iconv(1), intltoolize(8), intltool-prepare(8), intltool-extract(8), intltool-update(8) intltool 2003-08-02 INTLTOOL-MERGE(8)