Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use javascript code in unix shell? Post 302600055 by Scrutinizer on Monday 20th of February 2012 02:52:19 AM
Old 02-20-2012
If you just want to print verbatim theft, it may be better to use
Code:
cat << "EOF"

to avoid possible parameter expansion, command substitution, and arithmetic expansion by the shell, unless this is what you want...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Shell script in javascript

All I want to call a KORN shell script inside a javascript. Is it possible ? Please help me to do this. I want to return or read from shell script in javascript. Thanx in advance Regards Deepak Xavier (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Function of Javascript within Unix Network

What attacks can a Unix box get through Javascript? Is the Web Client secure against Javascript attacks if any? Do we have a Trojan horse made in JavaScript? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: netass
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

clear complex javascript code

Hi, Please advise how can we clear the following javascript content from a file commandline, probably using awk or sed File before removing the content. ################################ root@server1 # cat index.html This is a test page <script language=JavaScript>function d(x){var... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
6 Replies

4. Web Development

Javascript -> Shell Script

Hi all, I am trying to call a shell script from a javascript function. This works fine and the shell script returns everything I expected BUT I cannot figure out how to pass command line arguments to this shell script. Using GET, I assume the url being called needs to be one string with no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark007
7 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Report on Javascript attacks on Unix

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Prepare a report discussing from an administration and security perspective, role and function of a JavaScript within a UNIX network. You should illustrate your answer with practical examples. In particular attention should me paid to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: afdesignz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to use javascript as shell script

<html> <head> <title>Weather & Aviation Page - METAR decoder</title> <meta name="Title" content="Weather & Aviation Page - METAR decoder"> <meta name="Keywords" content="METAR decoder"> <meta name="Publisher" content="SkyStef"> <meta name="Description" content="SkyStefs weather and aviation... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuajay1988
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use JavaScript in UNIX Shell scripting?

I want to navigate through a webpage and save that page in my system local automatically. How can I do that by using JavaScript in a Unix shell script. Any suggestions are welcome! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi3093
3 Replies

8. Web Development

JavaScript code - UNIX grep?

Hi I am new to JavaScript & haven't done much work with it, but have mainly experience with UNIX. I have a piece of code where I want to grep (excuse the UNIX language :D) for a id and get the number from that. { "time": 900, "avail": 1, "price": 0, "datetime":... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
8 Replies
gvfs-cat(1)							   User Commands						       gvfs-cat(1)

NAME
gvfs-cat - print a file to standard output using the VFS system SYNOPSIS
gvfs-cat URI DESCRIPTION
gvfs-cat prints a file to standard output using the virtual file system to access the file via a URI. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: URI Specifies the file location in standard URI format. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Cat a File From a Web Server example% gvfs-cat http://www.sun.com Example 2: Cat a Local File example% gvfs-cat file:///home/user/README.txt ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gvfs-cat Executable to print a file to standard output using the VFS system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-gvfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gvfs-copy(1), gvfs-info(1), gvfs-less(1), gvfs-ls(1), gvfs-mkdir(1) gvfs-monitor-dir(1), gvfs-monitor-file(1), gvfs-mount(1), gvfs-move(1), gvfs-rename(1), gvfs-open(1), gvfs-rm(1), gvfs-save(1), gvfs-trash(1), gvfs-tree(1), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
Written by Alvaro Lopez Ortega, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 25 Mar 2008 gvfs-cat(1)