Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Why does my test fail ??
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Why does my test fail ?? Post 302593631 by patx on Friday 27th of January 2012 03:27:19 PM
Old 01-27-2012
ho attach you said... here it is

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

cdrom test fail

Hi I have a problem in installing solaris 9 in a ULTRA Enterprise 2 machine. The cdrom does not keep the cd in. When I put the installtion cd 1 and close the tray, I can see the led blinks three times and then the tray comes out. I borrowed a set of installtion cd s from one of my friends (they... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: enke1234
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefixing test case methods with letter 'test'

Hi, I have a Python unit test cases source code file which contains more than a hundred test case methods. In that, some of the test case methods already have prefix 'test' where as some of them do not have. Now, I need to add the string 'test' (case-sensitive) as a prefix to those of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Untar fail

Hi Team, I have a file named as follows: aaa.tar.gz Now I need to verify if the untar fails, then the script has to send a mail. In order to check this condition, I need a tar.gz file which is unable to untar it. Can anyone help me to create a file which I will be able to unzip successfully... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
2 Replies

6. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Fail to register

After inputted all required fields in registration page, the below message is shown and cannot go on. A required field called Custom Date & Time Formats is missing or has an invalid value. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
2 Replies
YAZ-ICONV(1)							     Commands							      YAZ-ICONV(1)

NAME
yaz-iconv - YAZ Character set conversion utility SYNOPSIS
yaz-iconv [-f from] [-t to] [-v] [file...] DESCRIPTION
yaz-iconv converts data in file in character set specified by from to output in character set as specified by to. This yaz-iconv utility similar to the iconv found on many POSIX systems (Glibc, Solaris, etc). If no file is specified, yaz-iconv reads from standard input. OPTIONS
-ffrom] Specify the character set from of the input file. Should be used in conjunction with option -t. -tto] Specify the character set of of the output. Should be used in conjunction with option -f. -v Print more information about the conversion process. ENCODINGS
The yaz-iconv command and the API as defined in yaz/yaz-iconv.h is a wrapper for the library system call iconv. But YAZ' iconv utility also implements conversions on its own. The table below lists characters sets (or encodings). that are supported by YAZ. Each character set is marked with either encode or decode. If an encoding is encode-enabled YAZ may convert to to the designated encoding. If an encoding is decode-enabled, YAZ may convert from the designated encoding. marc8 (encode, decode) The MARC8[1] encoding as defined by the Library of Congress. Most MARC21/USMARC records usees this encoding. marc8s (encode, decode) Like MARC8 but with conversion prefers non-combined characters in the Latin-1 plane over combined characters. marc8lossy (encode) Lossy encoding of MARC-8. marc8lossless (encode) Lossless encoding of MARC8. utf8 (encode, decode) The most commonly used UNICODE encoding on the Internet. iso8859-1 (encode, decode) ISO-8859-1, AKA Latin-1. iso5426 (decode) ISO 5426. Some MARC records (UNIMARC) uses this encoding. iso5428:1984 (encode, decode) ISO 5428:1984. advancegreek (encode, decode) An encoding for Greek used by some vendors (Advance). danmarc (decode) Danmarc (in danish)[2] is an encoding based on UNICODE which is used for DanMARC2 records. EXAMPLES
The following command converts from ISO-8859-1 (Latin-1) to UTF-8. yaz-iconv -f ISO-8859-1 -t UTF-8 -X <input.lst >output.lst FILES
prefix/bin/yaz-iconv prefix/include/yaz/yaz-iconv.h SEE ALSO
yaz(7) iconv(1) NOTES
1. MARC8 http://www.loc.gov/marc/specifications/speccharmarc8.html 2. Danmarc (in danish) http://www.kat-format.dk/danMARC2/Danmarc2.4.htm#felt+Indl.+4 YAZ 4.2.30 04/16/2012 YAZ-ICONV(1)