Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Detecting key combination in bash Post 302588179 by fpmurphy on Saturday 7th of January 2012 09:17:59 AM
Old 01-07-2012
Your question is far too vague for anybody to provide an answer. What specific keys? What bash script?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Disabling interrupt function of Control-C key combination

I am using informix RDBMS over SUSE LINUX. In linux if you press control-c it acts as an interrupt key. In my program I have used control-c to perform certain functions but it is being overriden by interrupt function of control-c key combination of SUSE LINUX. Kindly suggest me a solution by which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: V.V.KUMAR
1 Replies

2. Programming

Detecting a key combination

Could anybody tell me how I can detect a particular key combination and perform a particular task on that event. e.g. if I press Ctrl + L on the shell then it clears the screen. Please tell me how it can be performed on my shell. And how the Arrow Keys can be detected. I tried but pressing a key... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mobile01
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to enter a return key in bash script?

Hi, I'm porting an install script from AIX to Red Hat (2.6.18-164.el5 #1 SMP) I have this script working in both AIX and HP-UX. The script is a wrapper for a Micro Focus Server Express install program. It responds to the install program questions with a here-now list. Responses includes... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: duker61
14 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting terminal with shortcut key combination

How can the shortcut keys be defined that would open up a terminal window? When using a kvm switch, the mouse sometimes does not work, but the keyboard does, and by opening up a terminal window using a shortcut key combination, the mouse can be restarted by entering the predefined mouserestart... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Press Any Key script sequence using bash - HELP

hi to all. im a newbie in unix shell scripts. i want to make a simple unix shell script using the bash shell that asks a user to press any key after a series of commands, or an x if he wishes to exit. here's a sample script that i made: #!/usr/bin/bash pause(){ /usr/bin/echo "\t\t Press... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: booghaw
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to create rsa key pair

Hello all, I am setting up a cluster of Mac Pro's which need to be able to talk to a master computer, traffic between the nodes and the master needs to take place without a ssh key. I need a script that will create a security key, save it to the default place, enter the password as no password.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdl27789
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass enter key or selected character in bash script?

hi, i've bash script thats working... but now i need to add a line....that prompts for user input....like yes and 1 as complete install.... so here's how it looks... $ cd 9200 (cd into directory) $./install (hv to type ./install to run install then ask for) ----do you want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kernel11
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash detecting number of digits in line

Hi I have a problem, I am attempting to write a bash script that goes through a file and can determine how many characters are at a set point in a line starting with QTY+113:100:PCE, If it detects 3 digits (number in bold) then pad it out with 12 zero's If there are only two digits then pad it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox2k2
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP parametric + bash script combination

Hello, I have a simple bash script and I manually run this script to put a file into related directory in apache normally. I need to run it in php with parameter. My target is to get a download link by running below script but I do not know anything about php. Here is my bash script: run.sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
6 Replies
LIBBASH(7)							  libbash Manual							LIBBASH(7)

NAME
libbash -- A bash shared libraries package. DESCRIPTION
libbash is a package that enables bash dynamic-like shared libraries. Actually its a tool for managing bash scripts whose functions you may want to load and use in scripts of your own. It contains a 'dynamic loader' for the shared libraries ( ldbash(1)), a configuration tool (ldbashconfig(8)), and some libraries. Using ldbash(1) you are able to load loadable bash libraries, such as getopts(1) and hashstash(1). A bash shared library that can be loaded using ldbash(1) must answer 4 requirments: 1. It must be installed in $LIBBASH_PREFIX/lib/bash (default is /usr/lib/bash). 2. It must contain a line that begins with '#EXPORT='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of functions that the library exports. I.e. all the function that will be usable after loading that library will be listed in that line. 3. It must contain a line that begins with '#REQUIRE='. That line will contain (after the '=') a list of bash libraries that are required for our library. I.e. every bash library that is in use in our bash library must be listed there. 4. The library must be listed (For more information, see ldbashconfig(8)). Basic guidelines for writing library of your own: 1. Be aware, that your library will be actually sourced. So, basically, it should contain (i.e define) only functions. 2. Try to declare all variables intended for internal use as local. 3. Global variables and functions that are intended for internal use (i.e are not defined in '#EXPORT=') should begin with: __<library_name>_ For example, internal function myfoosort of hashstash library should be named as __hashstash_myfoosort This helps to avoid conflicts in global name space when using libraries that come from different vendors. 4. See html manual for full version of this guide. AUTHORS
Hai Zaar <haizaar@haizaar.com> Gil Ran <ril@ran4.net> SEE ALSO
ldbash(1), ldbashconfig(8), getopts(1), hashstash(1) colors(1) messages(1) urlcoding(1) locks(1) Linux Epoch Linux