Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help in below scenario
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Help in below scenario Post 302588094 by vgersh99 on Friday 6th of January 2012 04:41:06 PM
Old 01-06-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandeesh
Thanks for your help:
i need to extract the below record from my input:
Code:
88,. ABVC IK:000008 GMT DET:ACFJ

I need to match the pattern GMT DET and i need to fetch those records.
I have executed the below command:

Code:
nawk -F, '{if($0~/^88,*GMT*DET*/) {print $0}}' input.txt

But it returns null.
Am i doing anything wrong?

Thanks
Code:
sed -n '/^88,.*GMT.*DET/p' myFile
nawk '/^88,.*GMT.*DET/' myFile

This User Gave Thanks to vgersh99 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Weird scenario with Awk

Guys, this one is rather odd. I've got an array of numbers, and I'm trying to select only the records with the string "Random" in the 4th column. I'm using awk in this format: awk '{ if (( $6 -eq Random )) print $0 }' For some odd reason, this is simply giving me the list of all the entries... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khoomfire
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting a column in this scenario

Hi, I need to sort the 3rd column in ascending order , each and every column are seperated by ~. sample input file : 2~Lead Time Metrics~jennife1 2~Lead Time Metrics~mmullis 2~Lead Time Metrics~lisah 2~Lead Time Metrics~pros 2~Lead Time Metrics~kenward can any one help me out . i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishnan_6015@y
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file sending scenario

hi all i have a view in the database with columns prod_no,prod_nm, prod_code using a shell script i should query this view and dump the data in a delimited flat file and send to another ftp server.... i also have to schedule this periodically using cron tab. can you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_tns
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP scenario

#!/usr/bin/ksh Archive_Dir='/apps/SrcFiles/MTCHG_GFTS/BRGR/Archive' Source_Dir='/apps/SrcFiles/MTCHG_GFTS/BRGR' cd $Source_Dir HOST='xyz.abc.com' USER='abcOUT' PSW='xyzOUT' file="Request*.pgp" for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 do sftp $USER@$HOST <<END_SCRIPT $PSW bin if ] ; then ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use IFS in this scenario?

Given the scenario like this, if at all if have to use IFS on the below given example, how it should be used. IFS=/ eg: /xyz/123/348/file1 I want to use the last slash /file1 . So can anyone, suggest me how to pick the last "/" as a IFS. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Script This Scenario

hi all, i have to schedule an email containing the information about some orphan connections existing on the server depending upon the system date. the format of the info to be sent in email is : Process id username servername time when connection... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priyanka S
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to implement scenario?

hi, i am having three files which is having following data file1: field1 field2 field3 1 A B 2 C D 3 E F file2: 4 G H 1 I J 5 K L file3: 4 M N (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angel12345
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is it possible to write script for this scenario??

Hi all, We are hosting Web server using Apache -tomcat , in our company we are following this way for our every new enhancement in production server. for example if the developers move any new code moved to the server means that time we'll do 1.first check the time / date 2. mod_jk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Challenging scenario

Hi, My input file contains 1,2 2,4 3,6 4,9 9,10 My expected output is 1,10 2,10 3,6 4,1 9,10 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logic help with Scenario

Hello Folks I am looking for logic help for below scenerio with respect to AIX n unix script 1) We need to get the date of all the saturday in yr 2) L_o left over days is weeks left over days for previous month for eg. first sat of feb is 4th of feb in that week we have 29 - 30 - 31 from Jan... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshiamit
2 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)