Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX HACMP with VIO, service IP failover Post 302586806 by funksen on Tuesday 3rd of January 2012 09:46:41 AM
Old 01-03-2012
well hacmp switches ips from one adapter to another (see the cspoc option swap adapter to trigger this manually)

when you just use one etherchannel then hacmp complains about the missing second boot interface. but I don't care, that's the way my clusters are configured

in Power ha 7 boot ips can be in the same subnet as service/persistent ips and you just need one

but afaik netmon.cf is the way you configure the ip failover. first the adapter swaps, then the whole resource group

how did you simulate the interface down? hacmp will not react to ifconfig xxx down, at least in hacmp 5.4/5.5

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

hacmp service ip

Hi, I have two resource grps in hacmp 5.2 cluster.One is cascading and other is concurrent. I have apply one svc_ip to cascading rg but not able to apply any svc ip with node bound option for concurrent rg. Can any one guide me with the step to apply svc ip . thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_53
0 Replies

2. AIX

Can anyone shed some light on this HACMP failover?

Hello All, Here is a snipet from our cluster.log, I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what may have caused the failover. The first two lines indicate a possible memory issue which I am currently looking into. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wez
0 Replies

3. AIX

failover on 4.5 hacmp

Hi All, How do I trigger the failover on the second hacmp server? Please give me idea and I will do the rest. Thanks, itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

4. AIX

hacmp ip load balancer failover

Hi All, How do I failover on the ip load balancer (back and forth)? It involves first to load a new config on the passive ip. If success, load the new config on the ip active (which is now passive). Any idea, please. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
0 Replies

5. AIX

POWER6 VIO Failover

Hello, Can someone point to me document or the method to make failover for VIO Servers ? I have one VIO_Server1 which has 4 AIX LPARS - From the VIO_SERVER1 I have assigned virtual SCSI DISK to the four LPARS - For Ethernet I have used LHEA So, if my VIO Server1 crashes all the LPARS... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
17 Replies

6. AIX

vio server and vio client

Hi, I want to know wheather partition size for installation of vio client can be specified on vio server example If I am installing vio server on blade with 2*300gb hard disk,after that I want to create 2 vio client (AIX Operating system) wheather I can specify hard disk size while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

7. AIX

HACMP: set preferred adapter for service ip

Hi, lets say we have two boot interfaces en0 en1 and two resource groups, with two service ips, sip1 and sip2, one persistent ip pers1 both persistend and service ips are applied as ip-alias when I start the cluster, and bring the resource groups up, it looks like en0: sip1 and sip2 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
4 Replies

8. AIX

HACMP does not start db2 after failover (db2nodes not getting modified by hacmp)

hi, when I do a failover, hacmp always starts db2 but recently it fails to start db2..noticed the issue is db2nodes.cfg is not modified by hacmp and is still showing primary node..manually changed the node name to secondary after which db2 started immediately..unable to figure out why hacmp is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkr747
4 Replies

9. AIX

Service IP issue in HACMP, Working with only one node

Hi, I have a running HACMP Cluster with two nodes. Its working in active/passive mode. (i.e Out of the two nodes in the cluster one will be active and the other one will be on standby. If first node fails the other takes over) 1. There is a Service IP associated with the cluster. Now the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
2 Replies

10. AIX

To stop ftp service on VIO

Hi all, How can I close ftp port 21 on VIO server. Best regards, ---------- Post updated at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:45 AM ---------- I resoved with switch to OS mode. $ oem_setup_env (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
0 Replies
bt-agent(1)							    bluez-tools 						       bt-agent(1)

NAME
bt-adapter - a bluetooth agent SYNOPSIS
bt-agent [OPTION...] Help Options: -h, --help Application Options: -a, --adapter=<name|mac> DESCRIPTION
This interactive utility is used to manage incoming Bluetooth requests (eg. request of pincode, request of authorize a connection/service request, etc). OPTIONS
-h, --help Show help -a, --adapter <name|mac> Specify adapter to use by his Name or MAC address (if this option does not defined - default adapter used) AUTHOR
Alexander Orlenko <zxteam@gmail.com>. SEE ALSO
bt-adapter(1) bt-audio(1) bt-device(1) bt-input(1) bt-monitor(1) bt-network(1) bt-serial(1) 2010-08-11 bt-agent(1)