Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP-UX history settings
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX history settings Post 302581472 by vbe on Tuesday 13th of December 2011 08:39:44 AM
Old 12-13-2011
Sorry, I didn't get your question...
If its flushing of .sh_history I saw things of the sort on AIX, maybe old HP-UX .. but not for users nor have I seen for root since HP-UX 10.XX there are some case at reboot (but we enter in customization stuff - not by default...).
If more about size, then the variable HISTSIZE is the culprit...
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Duplex Settings

Hi All I've been having a lot of errors logged on the Cisco Catalyst (4000 series) which one of my Solaris servers is patched into. I have a feeling they are duplex related, but I'm a bit stuck as to how to confirm that. How do I: 1. Check the duplex settings on my eri0 card? 2. Set the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saabir
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network settings

Total newbie here!! How do I view and alter network settings (ip address, subnet mask and default gateway) in UNIX? Thanks in advance.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZappaDub
3 Replies

3. Linux

Ip settings

Hi, How to set ip address in linux. Regards, Guguli (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guguli
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to review the history and the commands that has been done in this history?

Hello every body, Kindly inform me How Do i find out the time I executed a command previously on UNIX Solaris?? To be more specific and more clear about what i want to know is that I want a command the enables me to know the history and which command i run at this history/time. FYI I used... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The history command: See other users command history

Can anyone tell this: If two users are logged into the same server from different locations. Is there a way to see the history command of the other user? I tried the history command, but it is showing me only the commands I used. Thanks in advance for your help. Iamnew2solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History to Another file [local user history , but root access]

Hi all, My need is : 1. To know who , when , which command used. 2. Local user should not delete this information. I mean , with an example , i can say i have a user user1 i need to give all the following permissions to user1, : a. A specific directory other than his home... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriky86
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX History | YouTube Video

I am pleased to announce this new video in 1080 HD for UNIX lovers honoring thirty years of UNIX history spanning from 1969 to 1999 presented in 150 seconds (two and a half minutes) in 1080 HD, celebrating the 50th anniversary of UNIX. The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
8 Replies
REBOOT(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 REBOOT(8)

NAME
reboot - reboot the system immediately SYNOPSIS
reboot [-f] DESCRIPTION
Reboot can be used to reboot the system after installing a new kernel. It does not inform the users, but does log it's actions in /usr/adm/wtmp and /usr/adm/authlog. The system is then rebooted with the reboot(2) systemcall. If the -f flag is not given then all processes are sent terminate signals to give them a chance to die peacefully before the reboot() call. If the wtmp file exists, reboot logs itself as if it were a shutdown. This is done to prevent last(1) from talking about system-crashes. Reboot is registered as is in the authlog file. Reboot can only be executed by the super-user. Any other caller will be refused, either by reboot(8) or by reboot(2). SEE ALSO
reboot(2), shutdown(8), halt(8), boot(8). BUGS
The error message's given by reboot are not always useful. There are several routines that can fail, but which are not fatal for the pro- gram. AUTHOR
Edvard Tuinder (v892231@si.hhs.NL) REBOOT(8)