Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need help with xargs command.. Post 302581287 by jim mcnamara on Monday 12th of December 2011 03:52:16 PM
Old 12-12-2011
Do you know the exact name of one of the files?

Code:
find / -name exactnameoffile -exec ls -l {} \;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

use of xargs command

Hi Everybody, Can you explain the difference between the following commands: 1. find . -print|xargs grep -i dba_2pc_pending 2. find . -print|grep -i dba_2pc_pending (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishorebabu
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xargs command outupt to file

Hello, I'm on a mac trying to have the follow cmd list the files after touch, but very unsuccessful. Please can you help. sort $BOTHFILE | uniq -u | xargs -I {} -t touch {} >> $LOGFILE ; BOTHFile contents in form of /directory/file.txt thanx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblos
3 Replies

3. AIX

command usage on find with xargs and tar

my task : tar up large bunch of files(about 10,000 files) in the current directories that created more than 30 days ago but it come with following error find ./ -ctime +30 | xargs tar rvf test1.tar tar: test1.tar: A file or directory in the path name does not exist. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkrainbow
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

querry about xargs command

what is the real use of xargs command ..? ls -tr |xargs -I{} rm -f {} ....can any one tell me what is the significance of {} curly brackets in this command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mobydick
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

xargs command problem

Hi I am trying to use "xargs" command to loop through each file, modify it and overwrite the old file with the modification but with the same file name. I thought it is easy but I just can't get it to work I tried the following I thought {} would give me the current file name, but it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tiger66
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

xargs command

Hi The command below does not work. what I am doing wrong ? For some reason second part of the xargs command is not does what I expect If I get this working I intend to use it for multiple file rename later. echo archDP105144_1_702159963.dbf|xargs -i cp {} `echo {}|awk... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: zam
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Doubt in xargs command

Hi, What is the difference in capitalizing the option 'i' of xargs command, (i.e) xargs -i and xargs -I? Also, what is the difference between the below 2 commands? output_from_cmd | xargs -I {} grep '{}' file output_from_cmd | xargs -I grep '{}' file Any efficiency or performance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pipe output a command to another using xargs

xargs work great when a command gives multiple line output which can be input to another. In my case it is not working coz the second command uses two words in it. $ scr.sh gives output like 193740 638102 375449 .. .. another command takes these number as inputs. it works great... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahesh113
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for XARGS command Silent options

ls | grep -E '^+$' | xargs --verbose -I{} rm -vfr "{}"; When i execute the command it works fine by removing the directories and its writing the output as below about which files are deleting.What i want know is,is there any XARGS command option that it should done silently in background with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshreddy443
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Xargs -P command execution status

Hi, I am working on a file copier utility where I have written the copy commands to a batch file e.g. file_copier.bat which i pass to xargs command as follows. cat file_copier.bat | xargs -n 1 -P 40 I also want to record the copy command status of each file/command in the form "command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankur singh
1 Replies
FSSYNC-DEBUG_VOLOP(8)					       AFS Command Reference					     FSSYNC-DEBUG_VOLOP(8)

NAME
fssync-debug_volop - Display pending volume operation info (FSYNC_VOL_QUERY_VOP opcode) SYNOPSIS
fssync-debug volop -volumeid <volume ID> [-partition <exact partition name>] [-reason <sync protocol reason code>] [-programtype <program type code>] [-help] fssync-debug vo -v <volume ID> [-pa <exact partition name>] [-r <sync protocol reason code>] [-pr <program type code>] fssync-debug vop -v <volume ID> [-pa <exact partition name>] [-r <sync protocol reason code>] [-pr <program type code>] [-h] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fssync-debug volop command displays information about the pending volume operation for a given volume, if any. OPTIONS
-volumeid <volume ID> Specifies the numeric volume ID. Volume names are not permitted. -partition <exact partition name> Specifies the exact partition name (e.g. /vicepa). Abbreviations are not permitted. -reason <sync protocol reason code> Specifies numeric sync protocol reason code. Available codes are listed in OpenAFS source file src/vol/fssync_inline.h. For SYNC_REASON_NONE, use -reason 0. -programtype <program type code> Specifies program type code. Permitted values are fileServer, volumeUtility, salvager, salvageServer, volumeServer and volumeSalvager. PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have write access to the file server. Usually, this means that the issuer must be the local superuser "root" on the file server machine. SEE ALSO
fssync-debug_attach(8), fssync-debug_detach(8), fssync-debug_mode(8), fssync-debug_online(8), fssync-debug_offline(8), fssync-debug_error(8) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2010 Sine Nomine Associates This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. This man page was written by Andrew Deason and Davor Ocelic for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FSSYNC-DEBUG_VOLOP(8)