Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Solaris Enterprise E250 x64 Help Post 302581103 by giulia79 on Monday 12th of December 2011 05:08:49 AM
Old 12-12-2011
Problem:
The CD of SUN is a SCSI interface......, mi new dvd has a IDE interface....... is possible install using a USB pen? In this case, can you help me to type the command?....

Thanks

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Benchmarks

Sun E250 / 512MB Ram

============================================================== BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version 3.11) System -- SunOS xxxxx 5.8 Generic_108528-13 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250 Start Benchmark Run: Sun Jan 11 19:47:12 EST 2004 1 interactive users. Dhrystone 2 without register variables ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kduffin
0 Replies

2. Solaris

SUN E250 Console connectivity

Hi, I have cisco console cable. One end of the cable is DB9 connector and the other end is RJ45 connector. I would like to use this cable to connect to my SUN E250 system from my pc so that I can access the SUn console directly. I would like to know whether it is possible and also on which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
5 Replies

3. Gentoo

Uses for a Sun e250?

We are retiring a Sun e250 at work, and I wondered if I could put it to any good use. Will I have any problems loading Linux as opposed to Solaris? Should I use any particular flavor of Linux that might be more Sun friendly? Assuming I manage to load Linux on this server, then what? Will it be... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kccrusher
9 Replies

4. Solaris

SUN E250 Cluster

Hi, I need some help, since I am new to cluster. I am handling a site where I have look after two SUN E250 server. I have been asked to configure Active-Active Clustering on these servers. I would like to know how to configure both the servers for clustering. Below are the things which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Solaris 9 E250 -- Suggestions For External Hard Drives

Hello, Running a Sun Solaris 9 E250 and need advice or suggestions on what type of external hard disks are compatible and or available. It's an old machine and is due for replacement soon but in the short term need an external hard drive for backup etc as the partner/backup machine has just... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KenLynch
2 Replies

6. Solaris

iscsi device on solaris 10 (x64)

Hello! I have several disks discovered using iscsi protocol. There disks are represented in OS like c2txd0 . logs: Is it possible to change drive path, for example, from c2t6d0 to c2t7d0? It's important for me because I have to install oracle RAC on RAW devices. NIck (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: skelet
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris x64

i search a lot for solaris 10 x64 in net and also in orcle site i did not find and i want solaris x64 for vertas volume manager. please proved the answer clearly i mean i am beginner. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samiulla
2 Replies
sane-find-scanner(1)					      General Commands Manual					      sane-find-scanner(1)

NAME
sane-find-scanner - find SCSI and USB scanners and their device files SYNOPSIS
sane-find-scanner [-h|-?] [-v] [-q] [-f] [devname] DESCRIPTION
sane-find-scanner is a command-line tool to find SCSI and some USB scanners and determine their Unix device files. It's part of the sane- backends package. For SCSI scanners, it checks the default generic SCSI device files (e.g., /dev/sg0) and /dev/scanner. The test is done by sending a SCSI inquiry command and looking for a device type of "scanner" or "processor" (some old HP scanners seem to send "processor"). So sane-find- scanner will find any SCSI scanner connected to those default device files even if it isn't supported by any SANE backend. For USB scanners, first the USB kernel scanner device files (e.g. /dev/usb/scanner0), /dev/usb/scanner, and /dev/usbscanner are tested. The files are opened and the vendor and device ids are determined if the operating system supports this feature. Currently USB scanners are only found this way if they are supported by the Linux scanner module or the FreeBSD or OpenBSD uscanner driver. After that test, sane- find-scanner tries to scan for USB devices found by the USB library libusb (if available). There is no special USB class for scanners, so the heuristics used to distinguish scanners from other USB devices is not perfect. sane-find-scanner will even find USB scanners, that are not supported by any SANE backend. sane-find-scanner won't find parallel port scanners, or scanners connected to proprietary ports. OPTIONS
-h, -? Prints a short usage message. -v Verbose output. If used once, sane-find-scanner shows every device name and the test result. If used twice, SCSI inquiry informa- tion and the USB device descriptors are also printed. -q Be quiet. Print only the devices, no comments. -f Force opening all explicitely given devices as SCSI and USB devices. That's useful if sane-find-scanner is wrong in determing the device type. devname Test device file "devname". No other devices are checked if devname is given. EXAMPLE
sane-find-scanner -v Check all SCSI and USB devices for available scanners and print a line for every device file. sane-find-scanner /dev/scanner Look for a (SCSI) scanner only at /dev/scanner and print the result. SEE ALSO
sane(7), sane-scsi(5), sane-usb(5), scanimage(1), xscanimage(1), xsane(1), sane-"backendname"(5) AUTHOR
Oliver Rauch, Henning Meier-Geinitz and others SUPPORTED PLATFORMS
USB support is limited to Linux (kernel, libusb), FreeBSD (kernel, libusb), NetBSD (libusb), OpenBSD (kernel, libusb). Detecting the vendor and device ids only works with Linux or libusb. SCSI support is available on Irix, EMX, Linux, Next, AIX, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, and HP-UX. BUGS
No support for parallel port scanners yet. 15 Sep 2002 sane-find-scanner(1)